Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

West Nile Virus

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It's good to hear you are on the mend.  It sure is nice of your mom to help out during your recuperation.   :)

I printed out a stack of Sudoku-like puzzles for to work on while we sat in the waiting room. She actually likes those. After that she decided she needed to see what she'd been working for. :)

Mom's are the best! :smitten:

Posted · Report post

Glad it was a mild case and that you're feeling better.

Posted · Report post

It's good to hear you are on the mend.  It sure is nice of your mom to help out during your recuperation.   :)

I printed out a stack of Sudoku-like puzzles for to work on while we sat in the waiting room. She actually likes those. After that she decided she needed to see what she'd been working for. :)

That is too cool David!  O0

Posted · Report post

I'm happy to report that I'm feeling much better. Still not 100%, but my condition improves a little every day. The cold-shivery achy-joint flu feeling and fever are past. I still have a bit of a lingering head/spine ache, but a cocktail of Ibuprofen and Tylenol are keeping that within tolerable limits. The doc estimates that I should be as good as new by Saturday, just in time to enjoy the storm. I even managed to complete zzzwoot's Numbers Make Sense? multi right when the sun was setting, but all the walking just about wore me out. I sure hope Lefty is right about immunity in the future. I'd hate to go through this again.

Posted · Report post

Excellent to know you are feeling better. O0 O0 O0

Posted · Report post

Excellent to know you are feeling better. O0 O0 O0

Not well enough for a surfing lesson just yet!  :2funny:

Posted · Report post

<snip> I sure hope Lefty is right about immunity in the future. I'd hate to go through this again.

You should have a good immunity built up, or what is known as a "high neutralizing antibody titer."  If you'd like, in about 30 days we can draw a small bit of your blood and I can test it in the lab against one of our strains of WNV.  Depending on what your titer is, your "convalescent sera" could prove valuable in the future.

Posted · Report post

You should have a good immunity built up, or what is known as a "high neutralizing antibody titer."  If you'd like, in about 30 days we can draw a small bit of your blood and I can test it in the lab against one of our strains of WNV.  Depending on what your titer is, your "convalescent sera" could prove valuable in the future.

Hey, if you can turn me into a vaccine so that others can avoid this nasty little virus I'll be happy to donate a sample. The mossies shouldn't have a monopoly on my blood.  O0