ohl hockey guy

FTF Trophy

No cache approval yet but no rejection either.

Published....let the games begin! O0

One again, a cache with no stinking information except for a darn picture...craptastic...

OH contraire .. there O0 is information there

And I have no idea how to go about it. This is why I don't do Mystery caches that often.

How about this cache Mystery1

or this one Mystery 2

or this one Mystery 3

I said I didn't do it that often, I didn't say that I wouldn't do it.

You guys are tough. I see a picture of a ship and after three or four tries my limited puzzle-solving skills come to a screeching halt. You guys see a picture and go to town. Good luck out there.

The history lesson was intersting though.

Congrats to fendmar for quickly finding the FTF Trophy Cache. I have added a hint to the cache page.

That's almost verbatim what WTT-B2 told me today...

Bump......  Let's get this thread going again.  The Trophy has been found and hidden and found again since the last post.... 

I'm thinking I want to go for something really difficult to solve and retrieve.  So, how about a 4/4 or a 5/5?  What constitutes a 4 or a 5?  How do you find Terrain that rates above a 3in Houston without resorting to deep sea diving? 

I imagine anything requiring swimming or water craft would at least be a 4?  What about a 1 mile hike through thick forest? 4 maybe?  I suppose anything that requires climbing equipment would be a 4 or 5.....?

Hmmmm.....  I need to find a cliff in the middle of a shark infested lake near my house where I can hide the FTF Trophy.  Muh ha ha ha hah........    >:D

Do what you want -- you've earned it!

A 5 terrain cache, especially if it requires a boat, will automatically eliminate 80% of the cachers in the area.  A tough, tough puzzle will rule out another 70% or so.  A simple, easy, cache will exclude anyone who doesn't live within 5 miles of the cache.  Bottom line is, you can't please everybody.

Myself, I prefer a difficult puzzle -- that I just happen to know the solution to, that is placed within a couple of miles of my house, and that is published on one of my days off. 

Just in case you were wondering...  ::)  ;)

Do what you want -- you've earned it!

A 5 terrain cache, especially if it requires a boat, will automatically eliminate 80% of the cachers in the area.  A tough, tough puzzle will rule out another 70% or so.  A simple, easy, cache will exclude anyone who doesn't live within 5 miles of the cache.  Bottom line is, you can't please everybody.

Myself, I prefer a difficult puzzle -- that I just happen to know the solution to, that is placed within a couple of miles of my house, and that is published on one of my days off. 

Just in case you were wondering...  ::)  ;)

How about an underwater cache that requires a boat and diving?

If I ever find the FTFC first I'm going to make the following FTFC cache an LPC just to be that guy....

If I ever find the FTFC first I'm going to make the following FTFC cache an LPC just to be that guy....

That is going to be one huge lampskirt.

Hmmm.....  I could duct tape a 50 cal ammo can 20 feet up the light pole, forcing y'all to shimmy up the pole.  I believe that would qualify as difficulty 5.  :2funny:

Does anyone else figure that #56 will be the final one before the trophy plates are full?  (Looking at the photos of the trophy and doing the math....)

What happens then?

Does anyone else figure that #56 will be the final one before the trophy plates are full?  (Looking at the photos of the trophy and doing the math....)

What happens then?

Add another block to the bottom and continue adding plates. That is how the Stanley Cup got to the size it is...

What happens then?

Add another block to the bottom and continue adding plates. That is how the Stanley Cup got to the size it is...

Looks like there is enough room on the top of the base for a couple of more plates.

What happens then?

That would work....but may also become an eventual issue with placing it in caches, ergo, a handoff would have to occur.....

What happens then?

That would work....but may also become an eventual issue with placing it in caches, ergo, a handoff would have to occur.....

That might be the safer option anyway.

What happens then?

That might be the safer option anyway.

When we had it one time we did a hand off because the cache we created was too small to contain it.  We put a picture of it with our phone number inside the cache.