ohl hockey guy

FTF Trophy

Alderon    0

I'm a little confused too. The is more of a travel bug requirement than a cache requirement. Which according to the guidelines would mean the TB would have to be archived somehow.

Besides... What happens on the cache page is GC business... what happens at the cache site is your business... Publish a simple unassuming cache page on GC... Have your own cache page in the cache or first waypoint etc...

Good point about an external link.  Check out the cache series called "SA FTFC".  This is a similar type of series that includes a link to the San Antonio GeoCaching Society. 

I'm pretty sure that with this bunch of over achiever FTFers,  ;) we won't have to worry about a "Non-Player" finding the Trophy before one of us.

Thot    57

The whole thing is confusing.  As I read the discussion on "Cache Renewal " the new rule has to do with requiring something be done before getting a smiley.  Nothing like that applies to this Travel Bug or the caches it spawns.

Team Four Paw    358

From the current guidelines as listed on GC.com

Caches that require the geocacher to do something beyond finding the container and signing the logbook generally do not qualify as traditional caches.

Caches with mandatory requirements in addition to signing the logbook should be listed as mystery caches. Examples include sending the cache owner a verification codeword found inside the logbook, performing some task at the cache location and taking a photograph, or writing the online log in a format or with content that satisfies the cache requirements. The mystery cache designation assists finders in identifying that something extra is required in order to log a find.

HoustonControl    1,044

Just leave all the verbage about creating a new cache within 30 days out of the cache listing.  It only applies to the person who takes the trophy and those instructions already exist in the travel bug description.

I didn't put any of that language in my FTFC cache description.

Just leave all the verbage about creating a new cache within 30 days out of the cache listing.  It only applies to the person who takes the trophy and those instructions already exist in the travel bug description.

I didn't put any of that language in my FTFC cache description.

We didn't either.  That would probably be the best solution....

HoustonControl    1,044

When is the next FTF cache going to be published, hasn't it been a while......

Dude -- Read SP's post in this thread from 3:50 am this morning.  He's having trouble getting it listed...

AggieJWP    4

When is the next FTF cache going to be published, hasn't it been a while......

Dude -- Read SP's post in this thread from 3:50 am this morning.  He's having trouble getting it listed...

apparently my web browsing skills are deficient today...could you point me to a link that displays this knowledge...

HoustonControl    1,044

I am having trouble getting it published. After 53 cache pages there was some issue about the text indicating that the FTF had to make a new cache.  I added the text that it is optional to take the trophy and hide it.  After fixing that there were other issues that I fixed yesterday afternoon but I have not received a thumbs up or a thumbs down.  Hopefully I will receive the approval today. 

I believe that the cache was fine as is but you can guess what is going on.... :tickedoff:

If this continues I may have to appeal to headquarters.

From earlier in this thread.  Scroll up (or down)...

AggieJWP    4

I am having trouble getting it published. After 53 cache pages there was some issue about the text indicating that the FTF had to make a new cache.  I added the text that it is optional to take the trophy and hide it.  After fixing that there were other issues that I fixed yesterday afternoon but I have not received a thumbs up or a thumbs down.  Hopefully I will receive the approval today. 

I believe that the cache was fine as is but you can guess what is going on.... :tickedoff:

good luck....

GrangerFam    24

From earlier in this thread.  Scroll up (or down)...

Hey HC... I'm not sure I get it.  Perhaps a larger font?

AggieJWP    4

I guess the bribe to PA to hold off publishing until we get back into town is working. ;)

HAHA, i guess you got some pull and you didn't really know it.

HoustonControl    1,044

OK, I corrected one mistake so maybe tomorrow. 

You're getting rusty, SP!  Maybe you need to cache a little more and fish a little less. :knuppel2:  ::)

Team Four Paw    358

Doesn't it suck to have to wait 24hrs every time there is a question? It seems like he only posts a note once every 24hrs and god forbid should you ask multiple questions in one log. He is only capable of responding to one at a time every 24hrs. ::)

SockPuppet    192

Doesn't it suck to have to wait 24hrs every time there is a question? It seems like he only posts a note once every 24hrs and god forbid should you ask multiple questions in one log. He is only capable of responding to one at a time every 24hrs. ::)

What that is why I enjoy fishing. ;)

TeamThung    0

No cache approval yet but no rejection either.

Published....let the games begin! O0

AggieJWP    4

One again, a cache with no stinking information except for a darn picture...craptastic...

WTT-B2    2

One again, a cache with no stinking information except for a darn picture...craptastic...

OH contraire .. there O0 is information there

AggieJWP    4

And I have no idea how to go about it. This is why I don't do Mystery caches that often.

SockPuppet    192

And I have no idea how to go about it. This is why I don't do Mystery caches that often.

How about this cache Mystery1

or this one Mystery 2

or this one Mystery 3

bbqbob2    176

You guys are tough. I see a picture of a ship and after three or four tries my limited puzzle-solving skills come to a screeching halt. You guys see a picture and go to town. Good luck out there.