ohl hockey guy

FTF Trophy

110 posts in this topic

Where is the trophy? According to the bug page it is still in the last cache.  ???

Where is the trophy? According to the bug page it is still in the last cache.  ???

It's not in the last cache FTFC#52.  I can vouch for that!

I suspect mtp is delaying the pickup, so he can dream up an evil puzzle that ties in with his fishing habit.

I suspect mtp is delaying the pickup, so he can dream up an evil puzzle that ties in with his fishing habit.

Is that so he can get more than 30 days??

We are out of here. Anyone want to go get it with us?

Count me in

Interesting how the tb in that cache was in the UK and the showed up in Eygpt with no logs as to how it got there really.

We are out of here. Anyone want to go get it with us?

I'll pay for the meals if you will pay for the gasoline.  :uglystupid2:

You are either a mind reader or you are tapping my cell phone. :D The trophy was not in the cache. GrangerFam still has it in his possession.

You are either a mind reader or you are tapping my cell phone. :D The trophy was not in the cache. GrangerFam still has it in his possession.

mtp found it on May 11

I decided not to place the trophy in the cache to avoid the drama from before

I did, however, place a picture of the trophy in the cache.

mtp and I talked last weekend to try to arrange a drop, but our schedules didn't work out.

So...when should we expect to see the next FTFC cache published?

mtp and I talked last weekend to try to arrange a drop, but our schedules didn't work out.

I can pick up the trophy for mtp.  I know where he lives.

mtp found it on May 11

Maybe I can do a virtual trophy and if GrangerFam finds it the point is moot! :2funny:

mtp found it on May 11

Maybe I can do a virtual trophy and if GrangerFam finds it the point is moot! :2funny:

That's my plan...

mtp found it on May 11

That's my plan...

Better yet.  Let's leave the trophy at Grangerfam's house and make it a shrine to he FTF Challenge.

We could make special appointments to visit the trophy, get photo's, and maybe event get to hold it for a brief moment.

Hmmmmm, according to the FTF Trophy TB page, LostGuys intended for it to work this way:  ???

You win the trophy by being the first to find the cache holding the trophy. Once you find the cache and win the trophy, you have 30 days to proudly display the trophy on your desk, kitchen window sill, or fireplace mantel. On the 30th day (or sooner) after your find, you must hide the trophy in a NEW cache named FTFC#__. Put the next sequential number in the ____. Once the FTF trophy has been found, the caches will remain for other geocachers to visit the site of a once great championship find! Please remember to log the TB as it’s log will be the official list of Championship First Finders. You may win the championship as many times as you like. This Championship series will also generate a new cache each time it’s held. So if your not willing to build a new stadium for the next championship hunt, don’t win the trophy.

Hmmmmm, according to the FTF Trophy TB page, LostGuys intended for it to work this way:  ???

On the 30th day (or sooner) after your find, you must hide the trophy in a NEW cache named FTFC#__.

I think the new cache location IS GrangerFam's house.

Who do you think is going to be FTF?

That'll be convenient, since the trophy's still here.  I guess I really should get it to mtp, but I'm waiting until he really needs it, then I'll volunteer to place it in the cache for him.

That'll be convenient, since the trophy's still here.  I guess I really should get it to mtp, but I'm waiting until he really needs it, then I'll volunteer to place it in the cache for him.

volunteer....haha

I got an e-mail notification for FTFC #53 DeepWater last night.  I was excited to see it come up and I was eager to start working on what I'm sure will be a challenging cache.

What did I see when I clicked on the link?  An error page saying it was not yet published!!  What the heck!

I am having trouble getting it published. After 53 cache pages there was some issue about the text indicating that the FTF had to make a new cache.  I added the text that it is optional to take the trophy and hide it.  After fixing that there were other issues that I fixed yesterday afternoon but I have not received a thumbs up or a thumbs down.  Hopefully I will receive the approval today. 

I believe that the cache was fine as is but you can guess what is going on.... :tickedoff:

If this continues I may have to appeal to headquarters.

I am having trouble getting it published. After 53 cache pages there was some issue about the text indicating that the FTF had to make a new cache.  I added the text that it is optional to take the trophy and hide it.  After fixing that there were other issues that I fixed yesterday afternoon but I have not received a thumbs up or a thumbs down.  Hopefully I will receive the approval today. 

I believe that the cache was fine as is but you can guess what is going on.... :tickedoff:

If this continues I may have to appeal to headquarters.

I wonder what rule he says we are violating with the verbiage about continuing the series?  The timing does seem a bit odd after 52...

The owner of this cache had problems with the additional logging requirements. The cache has since been archived.

Hmmm....    :what???:  I'm surprised they flagged the cache because of the trophy "requirements" since the Trophy is a TB and has it's own independent set of requested procedures...  i.e.  Move it to the next FTFC cache. 

The FTF Trophy TB currently has 36 users "watching" it and I would be willing to bet that we could easily double that by asking people we know to put a watch listing on it.  I wonder if any other TB has this many people watching it..... 

Bottom line, I think an appeal in the "Geocaching Topics"  Forum at Groundspeak would probably get overwhelming support & approval.  I hope it doesn't come to that.

Hmmm....    :what???:  I'm surprised they flagged the cache because of the trophy "requirements" since the Trophy is a TB and has it's own independent set of requested procedures...  i.e.  Move it to the next FTFC cache. 

The FTF Trophy TB currently has 36 users "watching" it and I would be willing to bet that we could easily double that by asking people we know to put a watch listing on it.  I wonder if any other TB has this many people watching it..... 

Bottom line, I think an appeal in the "Geocaching Topics"  Forum at Groundspeak would probably get overwhelming support & approval.  I hope it doesn't come to that.

Maybe I will have to retire the trophy at my home :2funny:

I'm a little confused too. The is more of a travel bug requirement than a cache requirement. Which according to the guidelines would mean the TB would have to be archived somehow.

Besides... What happens on the cache page is GC business... what happens at the cache site is your business... Publish a simple unassuming cache page on GC... Have your own cache page in the cache or first waypoint etc...