New game for Houston cachers - "TBA" is "it"

501 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I personally think this game would be much more fun played in a much, much smaller area.  It would definitely limit the players, but with the cost of gasoline, you'd probably get players more willing to participate.  Also, I think we as geocachers have been so used to helping each other out that for most of us, it's a bit foreign to be trying to "not help" our fellow cachers out.  This can be seen by the example of One Step Closer bringing the TB to the event to give to Georeynozos.  I think that expecting HC to travel 120 miles roundtrip for the chance of getting to the TB first is unrealistic.   If you want the game to keep moving fast, you need to pick cachers that are close to you and let it slowly migrate across town.   

Well Kathy, I would have picked you but was told by a little bug that you were busy.  But I am glad that HC has a better chance at getting the TB now.  It keeps the bug moving and now the SE cachers can play grab the tb until HC ultimately retreives it.

Posted · Report post

I personally think this game would be much more fun played in a much, much smaller area.  It would definitely limit the players, but with the cost of gasoline, you'd probably get players more willing to participate.  Also, I think we as geocachers have been so used to helping each other out that for most of us, it's a bit foreign to be trying to "not help" our fellow cachers out.  This can be seen by the example of One Step Closer bringing the TB to the event to give to Georeynozos.  I think that expecting HC to travel 120 miles roundtrip for the chance of getting to the TB first is unrealistic.   If you want the game to keep moving fast, you need to pick cachers that are close to you and let it slowly migrate across town.   

Or you could have four games at the same time;

a SE "IT", a NE "IT", a SW "IT" and a NW "IT".

use I-10 for the N to S and I-45 for the E to W. Then it would divide the city approximately to where the cachers live.

Posted · Report post

Well Kathy, I would have picked you but was told by a little bug that you were busy.  But I am glad that HC has a better chance at getting the TB now.  It keeps the bug moving and now the SE cachers can play grab the tb until HC ultimately retreives it.

...and I appreciate you honoring my request.  I am still busy and I prefer not to play as "it" at this point.  I'm trying to not be a total work-a-holic and take some time to play/geocache on the weekends, but I just want to cache and not chase a TB.  I think that One of the Texas Vikings idea of 4 separate games by quadrant would be funner for those that want to play. 

Posted · Report post

I have the TB now.  Actually, I've already placed it and have decided on who will be "IT" next, I'm just waiting on Cub Pack 197 to update the bug page before I drop it.

Oh, and thanks for moving it a little closer to me, Muddy Buddies.  I'm sure that's what you were intending to do, right??  :)

Posted · Report post

good idea, I say on the southwest side between westpark tollway and 288, with the northeast part of this boundary being 610...

like this

28wnubq.jpg

Posted · Report post

Or you could have four games at the same time;

a SE "IT", a NE "IT", a SW "IT" and a NW "IT".

use I-10 for the N to S and I-45 for the E to W. Then it would divide the city approximately to where the cachers live.

or their be a central 'IT' as well and the objective is too grab all five at the same time somehow

Posted · Report post

Sorry for the delay, but GAME ON.  I just returned from Baltimore on business and got the email that Houston Control was able to nab the bug.

Looks like Zephyr01 gets the "honors" this time.

Happy Hunting.

Posted · Report post

Sorry for the delay, but GAME ON.  I just returned from Baltimore on business and got the email that Houston Control was able to nab the bug.

Looks like Zephyr01 gets the "honors" this time.

Happy Hunting.

Posted · Report post

Zephyr01 - Unconfirmed sighting in this location.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

[House cleaning - attachment deleted by admin]

Posted · Report post

Zephyr01 - Unconfirmed sighting in this location.   :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Dude, I have goosebumps looking at that picture! :startled:

Posted · Report post

Man, that picture is just wrong.  I can't get my spine to quit tingling.

Posted · Report post

Dude, I have goosebumps looking at that picture! :startled:

You and me both, man!

:o

That's when I'd just call in a napalm strike....

I supposed after making that statement, some of the more "nature inclined" people here will probably flame me....pardon the pun.

:D

Posted · Report post

No problem, I'll just send Mike in for it. He's been bitten by rattlers to many times he claims immunity.  Will be the ultimate test yes/no?!?!?  :2funny: :2funny: :crazy2: :crazy2: >:D

Zephyr

PS--HC--another PUZZLE cache?!?! Do you HATE me or what?!?!  :'( :'( :-\

Posted · Report post

I have the solution to that one for a small price.  >:D >:D>:D >:D>:D

Posted · Report post

Updated first message in this thread to point to the TB page.

dadJ

Posted · Report post

I have the solution to that one for a small price.  >:D >:D>:D >:D>:D

I sure hope YOU have the solution!! Seeing as to how it's YOUR cache now!!  ::)

Posted · Report post

No problem, I'll just send Mike in for it. He's been bitten by rattlers to many times he claims immunity.  Will be the ultimate test yes/no?!?!?  :2funny: :2funny: :crazy2: :crazy2: >:D

Zephyr

PS--HC--another PUZZLE cache?!?! Do you HATE me or what?!?!  :'( :'( :-\

I was trying to find a place where the bug would be save and sound until you came for it!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Believe it or not, I'd found that cache 2 years ago and re-found it yesterday without the coords.  Then it was just a matter of choosing a cacher I adore from the general area that hadn't found that cache yet.

Posted · Report post

Believe it or not, I'd found that cache 2 years ago and re-found it yesterday without the coords.  Then it was just a matter of choosing a cacher I adore from the general area that hadn't found that cache yet.

Isn't that HC just a real sweetheart?  ;)

If he was really a nice guy though, he would have sent Zephyr01 the coordinates too.  We'll see who's nicer...OHL Hockey Guy or Houston Control. 

Posted · Report post

Isn't that HC just a real sweetheart?   ;)

If he was really a nice guy though, he would have sent Zephyr01 the coordinates too.  We'll see who's nicer...OHL Hockey Guy or Houston Control. 

I was thinking about giving the coords to her, then going to get the bug and sandbag logging it. >:D >:D>:D >:D

Posted · Report post

Isn't that HC just a real sweetheart?  ;)

I was thinking about giving the coords to her, then going to get the bug and sandbag logging it. >:D >:D>:D >:D

Just thinking about it or is that what has already happened? :notme:

Posted · Report post

Oh, No!!!!!! Look who showed up at my door!

2546209173_0c6411a2e9_m.jpg

Was he asking for beer and bearing an empty mug? :crazy2:

Posted · Report post

Oh, No!!!!!! Look who showed up at my door!

Was he asking for beer and bearing an empty mug? :crazy2:

FSH came knocking on your door too?  ???:D