New game for Houston cachers - "TBA" is "it"

501 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Is the one on the left 'Lurch'?

They are all creepy and kooky, mysterious and ookie, if you ask me. (snap, snap)

Posted · Report post

Important Notice:  I will be placing the travel bug "Help me, I'm Hiding" next Tuesday after my trip to GW6.  To all who have been waiting for this travel bug, my greatest apologies, I know that everyone wants to hide this travel bug from HC so it will take him a year or so to get it.

To HC.  This bug will be placed next Tuesday, get ready!  >:D

Posted · Report post

Important Notice:  I will be placing the travel bug "Help me, I'm Hiding" next Tuesday after my trip to GW6.  To all who have been waiting for this travel bug, my greatest apologies, I know that everyone wants to hide this travel bug from HC so it will take him a year or so to get it.

To HC.  This bug will be placed next Tuesday, get ready!  >:D

Just leave it on your front porch while you're gone to GW6... ::)

Posted · Report post

Houston Control - You could always hide in the bushes at Escalantes and wait for the bug to come to you (kind of like Georeynozos did)  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Posted · Report post

Game on!

The bug is on the move.

Posted · Report post

[glow=red,2,300]HC, Your IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/glow]

Posted · Report post

I forgot about this game. Thanks for reminding me with the bump.

Posted · Report post

This sucker may need some assisitance getting moved.... :notme:

Posted · Report post

Sorry.  I have out-of-town guests this week and my schedule is full. 

Maybe next week -- though I'm a little hesitant to burn $10 worth of gas right now to go get a TB that may or may not be there... :P

Posted · Report post

I'm thinking of doing one too.

Ooooo. I wanna play. Since I can't, I had to start my own out here.

Remember, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Really. It is. Honest.

And you're the smartest person I've never met, too!

Here's mine.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1465441

Thanks for the awesome idea!

Posted · Report post

Maybe next week -- though I'm a little hesitant to burn $10 worth of gas right now to go get a TB that may or may not be there... :P

Now, uh, what's that supposed to mean?  ::)

Posted · Report post

Didn't you tell me that employees of the BIG BAD X, don't have to pay for their own gasoline?  :o

Heck, I figured that you would start a small business as a cacher's shuttle.  We all pay you a small fee for you to drive us on our cache runs.  ::)

Posted · Report post

Didn't you tell me that employees of the BIG BAD X, don't have to pay for their own gasoline?   :o

Uhhh... right.  I get my gas for free, but they limit me to 500 gallons a month.  Right now I'm selling most of it at flea markets to pay for my airfare to Ireland this summer.  Darned greedy airlines keep jacking up the price...  :notme:

That's a JOKE OSC!

Posted · Report post

Didn't you tell me that employees of the BIG BAD X, don't have to pay for their own gasoline?  :o

Uhhh... right.  I get my gas for free, but they limit me to 500 gallons a month.  Right now I'm selling most of it at flea markets to pay for my airfare to Ireland this summer.  Darned greedy airlines keep jacking up the price...  :notme:

That's a JOKE OSC!

500 Gallons!!!!  (I'll take 100 gallons a month @ $3 bucks/gallon plus go retrieve this annoying travel bug for you!)

Posted · Report post

500 Gallons!!!! 

...and if you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'm selling!  ::)

Posted · Report post

500 Gallons!!!! 

Wouldn't even start to believe THAT -- I know you can't get over 300 gallons per month and that's from a very reliable source

Posted · Report post

Well HC, you got the last laugh on me.  I paid $15.00 bucks, spent half a day traveling from my side of town to the TB's location only to be told "Sorry, I'm Busy"

I am just curious, have you seriously looked at the cache which I have put the TB in? 

Posted · Report post

I am just curious, have you seriously looked at the cache which I have put the TB in? 

I have now.  Great.  What if the current holders of the solution TB place it in a cache in Colorado or something?

Thanks a lot, Elisa. :(

Posted · Report post

Didn't you tell me that employees of the BIG BAD X, don't have to pay for their own gasoline?   :o

That's a JOKE OSC!

Yepper, no worries....  because we all know who's responsible for us having to jack up said prices now.....  $170 jet fuel will do that....  :D

Posted · Report post

I have now.  Great.  What if the current holders of the solution TB place it in a cache in Colorado or something?

Thanks a lot, Elisa. :(

I thought my trickery would make you laugh?  :2funny:

Has the solution TB been picked up?  I placed it in a cache.  Maybe you will need to write the holder of the tb a note and tell them you need the important info inside the capsule.

Oh, and I still have the solution to the puzzle.....  ::) I will take a free HC coin for the coords.....  :P

Don't worry, you still have the last laugh.  It took half a day for me to place the dern thing.

Posted · Report post

I personally think this game would be much more fun played in a much, much smaller area.  It would definitely limit the players, but with the cost of gasoline, you'd probably get players more willing to participate.  Also, I think we as geocachers have been so used to helping each other out that for most of us, it's a bit foreign to be trying to "not help" our fellow cachers out.  This can be seen by the example of One Step Closer bringing the TB to the event to give to Georeynozos.  I think that expecting HC to travel 120 miles roundtrip for the chance of getting to the TB first is unrealistic.  If you want the game to keep moving fast, you need to pick cachers that are close to you and let it slowly migrate across town.