ohl hockey guy

HGCS Race Web Page

270 posts in this topic

{Rusty Washer rummages in his pack for a flare gun... scratches an SOS in the sand... sets snares to catch game... keeps eye out for an unsuspecting cacher...}  >:D

My poor racer was stuck in a cacher's hands for SIX WEEKS>:(:tickedoff:>:(  I couldn't stand it any longer and finally sent a very polite email asking if they still had my racer. I never heard back from that cacher but a week later they dropped it in this cache: Huntsville Prison Byrd Cemetery???  I hope this isn't an indication of what is going to happen to my poor little TB.  :'(    I understand it is a good cache and I think lots of cachers need to visit it very soon!  :angel:

Thanks

Bumping the link...

The Race

Just making the link faster to get to.  O0

bump

Yall should check out FH5 logs on Rusty Washer, its a riot!  :2funny:

Harr!  :laugh: Ol' Rusty Washer just wound up today sharing an ammo can down on 'Bama with, of all things, a certain somebody's Chile Pepper Geocoin!  ;D

I decided to look over the list.  My brother brought one of the travelers to Alabama and I moved it on--Nancy's Traveler. Small world.

Hi guys & gals, we just had the pleasure of tacking 391 miles on to the Rusty Washer this week.  You'll be glad to know it barely bounced in the new Canada South cache (GC1BH9G) before it was picked up by someone else for more travels. O0

Great job, pbooda & mbooda, rescuing Rusty Washer from the Greeks and moving him along to the Canucks!  O0

Now let's see what kcseagull can do in getting RW away from the Canucks and on over to the Land o' the Cajuns!  ;)

Well, after the thread bump I went to check on my racer....and realized the cache it was in, Land of Bridges TB Hotel, was archived last week. :'(  I am hoping the Tbs were able to be rescued from the big bad policeman guarding the park :knuppel2:.  It is a shame that a beautiful park like that has to be shut down to the general public.  I hope my racer gets out of there.... :-\

Well, after the thread bump I went to check on my racer....and realized the cache it was in, Land of Bridges TB Hotel, was archived last week. :'(  I am hoping the Tbs were able to be rescued from the big bad policeman guarding the park :knuppel2:.  It is a shame that a beautiful park like that has to be shut down to the general public.  I hope my racer gets out of there.... :-\

Wow, there were 10 travel bugs in that cache!  I hope MOS73 can recover them somehow.  Is he sure the cache is gone, or does he just mean it's inaccessible now?  Maybe a resident can go in a retrieve it.

My HGCS Racer geocoin got picked up six weeks ago by a new cacher with 6 total finds.  It was his first-ever trackable and he hasn't logged into GC.com since May 1st.  Oh, and he doesn't respond to emails...

Great... :-\

Wow, there were 10 travel bugs in that cache!  I hope MOS73 can recover them somehow.  Is he sure the cache is gone, or does he just mean it's inaccessible now?  Maybe a resident can go in a retrieve it.

My HGCS Racer geocoin got picked up six weeks ago by a new cacher with 6 total finds.  It was his first-ever trackable and he hasn't logged into GC.com since May 1st.  Oh, and he doesn't respond to emails...

I guess I should consider myself lucky then. Mine was picked up by a newbie who held onto it for SIX weeks.  :tickedoff:  When I couldn't take it anymore I emailed to see if she still had it. No reply but she dumped it in Huntsville Prison Byrd Cemetery where it has been sitting for SEVEN weeks.  :tickedoff: :tickedoff: I fear it is going to die and be buried in this cemetery. :'( :'( :'(

Has anyone contacted him?  He probably got them all, though....

Our Fold-A-Bug made it to MISSISSIPPI and then got picked up again...all looks good!  :)

Mine that is in the UK got picked up by a newbie who doesn't know what a cache is, said it wasn't in one, logged it as discovered but has not pulled it from the cache.  ;D  After some emails he has sent it on to "Kent" but I can't get any other info... not looking good.

Mine that is in the UK got picked up by a newbie who doesn't know what a cache is, said it wasn't in one, logged it as discovered but has not pulled it from the cache.  ;D  After some emails he has sent it on to "Kent" but I can't get any other info... not looking good.

So it jumped out to an early lead, but will sputter late...

I sent him an email but haven't heard back.  It's been a week since he archived it, surely we would have heard something if he got them?   :-\I think surely with all the ninjas over here on the northside we could get past the policeman and get the cache of bugs.  :knuppel2: Or at least if someone explained we left a gamepiece on the property he would let someone retrieve it. :tickedoff:

I sent him an email but haven't heard back.  It's been a week since he archived it, surely we would have heard something if he got them?   :-\I think surely with all the ninjas over here on the northside we could get past the policeman and get the cache of bugs.  :knuppel2: Or at least if someone explained we left a gamepiece on the property he would let someone retrieve it. :tickedoff:

If you came in from the nearby neighborhood, on a bike, or on foot, would they question you? 

You wouldn't even have to go through the parking area....

Good point, Stan.  I bet someone could do it in stealth mode style and not even attract the attention of the gatekeeper.  It won't be me, even though I am very curious about my coin's status.  I am flying solo with the kids for two weeks.  Hopefully MOS73 will let me know what is happening with the cache or a stealth ninja will rise, like a hero, and rescue the trackables.....

My racer got picked up by a relative newbie.  It was placed in a cache that was quite active, because they were trying to be very careful with it.  Then about a week later the cache was muggled and everything is gone.  I've marked the coin missing.  :(:blackeye::knuppel2:

My racer got picked up by a relative newbie.  It was placed in a cache that was quite active, because they were trying to be very careful with it.  Then about a week later the cache was muggled and everything is gone.  I've marked the coin missing.   :(:blackeye::knuppel2:

If anyone's racers go missing please let me know and I will mark it as such in the standings.  :-[

Bump

Ok I made a simple web page for the race. Make sure you look at the tabs at the bottom of the page like an excel spreadsheet.

The Race

I just got an owner message that MOS73 picked up my racer and will move it on this weekend.  He must have gone ninja and retrieved the bugs and/or cache after all.  So my coin is back in play, baby...... :)