ohl hockey guy

HGCS Race Web Page

270 posts in this topic

Mine is stuck....no miles. :-(

I don't suppose the rules allow me try a different cache?

Since you were the one that placed it, that would be a placement and a retrieval, so you need to talk one of your friends into going and getting it. 

However, I'm wondering if it would work since it has no mileage any way to delete the log and place it in another cache.  There's a recalculate mileage button, but I haven't tried it, so I don't really know what it does and how it works.  Maybe someone with more knowledge of TB tracking can give some better advice.

Since you were the one that placed it, that would be a placement and a retrieval, so you need to talk one of your friends into going and getting it. 

However, I'm wondering if it would work since it has no mileage any way to delete the log and place it in another cache.  There's a recalculate mileage button, but I haven't tried it, so I don't really know what it does and how it works. Maybe someone with more knowledge of TB tracking can give some better advice.

snoogans....

My HGCS Race 2008 / AAAAA Winner! TB actually has one more cache visit that it is credited for.  When I dropped it initially, someone picked it up and moved it to another cache the same day before I could even get home to log it in the first cache.  They just "grabbed it" from me virtually and put it in the other cache.  Sure hope that doesn't end up costing me the cache count race! :tickedoff:

Didn't the rules say you can move your own bug twice?  GO GET IT!  O0

Didn't the rules say you can move your own bug twice?  GO GET IT!  O0

Yes, but they also say no dropping and retrieval, so it has to have someone in between. 

Drop it off in my hands and it'll be placed in a cache by the end of the day or next morning. O0

My HGCS Race 2008 / AAAAA Winner! TB actually has one more cache visit that it is credited for.  When I dropped it initially, someone picked it up and moved it to another cache the same day before I could even get home to log it in the first cache.  They just "grabbed it" from me virtually and put it in the other cache.  Sure hope that doesn't end up costing me the cache count race! :tickedoff:

Sorry to hear that you were disqualified. :'(

Is there a rule on another cacher moving bugs?

Can they move the bug more than once or twice? Is there a cap?

I think that they can move it more than once but just not consecutively.  I think if it happens that it does get moved consecutively by someone else (which you can't control) that the mileage will just be subtracted. 

I think that they can move it more than once but just not consecutively.  I think if it happens that it does get moved consecutively by someone else (which you can't control) that the mileage will just be subtracted. 

Right on,

Thanks Kathy O0

We'd all rather the race play out without any intentional outside interference, thank you.

...unless it's one of my racers, then please pick it up and take it as far as possible!!! :angel:

We'd all rather the race play out without any intentional outside interference, thank you.

...unless it's one of my racers, then please pick it up and take it as far as possible!!! :angel:

HC your racer is about 1 mile from the house.

I moved it once already but wanted to make sure. The was a placer between me and the last time.

It's fair game.

I moved it once already but wanted to make sure. The was a placer between me and the last time.

It's fair game.

I heard that HC wants you to put it in a 5 by 5 cache. :2funny:

It's fair game.

There's a 5 terrain nearby in Pappy's Posse 5X2  >:D

It's fair game.

I haven't gone to that one yet  ::)

It's fair game.

WHY NOT?  ;)

Haven't found a TB to drown in the drink yet, but it looks as if there is a possible candidate.. ;)

Alllllll Righttttt!!!!

It's fair game.

WHY NOT?  ;)

Thanks to Bat-Bubba of Tennessee, the Rusty Washer has made a hundred mile leap, possibly moving up a notch or two!  :laugh:

Thanks to Bat-Bubba of Tennessee, the Rusty Washer has made a hundred mile leap, possibly moving up a notch or two!  :laugh:

Yea Rusty Washer!

I did a midweek update because we have a new leader in the race... go take a look everyone.

Ack!  :o Rusty Washer is stuck by a waterfall in Tennessee!  :(  Wormhole needed!  :laugh: