Garmin Mapsource City Nav NAmerica V8...DVD wont load on Apple/Mac--help?

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

All,

I ordered this DVD as part of their auto nav kit after checking the Garmin Apple blog. The blog seems to indicate the DVD will work and open on my Mac. Well, it doesn't. Any ideas out there, or should I just return the whole thing to Garmin and ask for my money back? I would love to have more detailed maps on my 60CSX. I did email Garmin support, but have low expectations.

thanks!

Posted · Report post

All,

I heard nothing back from Garmin, and have sent the software back for a refund. Their website, on an Apple/Macintosh blog explicitely says this software runs on my Mac. It definitely does not. I will let you all know what resolves here.

cheers,

Lucydad

Posted · Report post

Looks like you may need to run Garmins MapConvert tool to convert Windows based garmin maps into Mac based "format".

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3897

Reading the PDF doc they have at the above link you'll need to have CS Nav. 2008 installed on a Windows machine. Install mapconvert and have it convert the map data. Then move that data to the Mac and use Bobcat to do the rest.

I'm not sure if you've tried that or not. I haven't... I don't own a Mac. Anyway... I hope that tidbit wasn't too late.

Posted · Report post

Looks like you may need to run Garmins MapConvert tool to convert Windows based garmin maps into Mac based "format".

Reading the PDF doc they have at the above link you'll need to have CS Nav. 2008 installed on a Windows machine. Install mapconvert and have it convert the map data. Then move that data to the Mac and use Bobcat to do the rest.

I'm not sure if you've tried that or not. I haven't... I don't own a Mac. Anyway... I hope that tidbit wasn't too late.

This is what I read..... a;lksurehp9aw thgilaeyrhfg; iskue74y5rhv ;qoi37 tnpsoeilrkuthg vsiek57tu[w0w94e5oyuj ;svork5tjv;s4o586yumw[04po56yj[wm0v9o48l5itnj9q;oa3k84it5mvq;ol54i6m[0 vw9roltikmv w4ov5l9i6bym0qw9p45it6jvq09o348iktq vo34itjmb pv9qo35k  :D  :D  :D

Posted · Report post

This is what I read..... a;lksurehp9aw thgilaeyrhfg; iskue74y5rhv ;qoi37 tnpsoeilrkuthg vsiek57tu[w0w94e5oyuj ;svork5tjv;s4o586yumw[04po56yj[wm0v9o48l5itnj9q;oa3k84it5mvq;ol54i6m[0 vw9roltikmv w4ov5l9i6bym0qw9p45it6jvq09o348iktq vo34itjmb pv9qo35k  :D  :D  :D

WHAT ?

Posted · Report post

Hmmmm, that's funny.  That's what I hear when gsguru speaks..... >:D  :o

Posted · Report post

All,

Thanks for your help. I got an email from garmin late today, after I mailed the software back asking for a refund. Clearly I was confused by their wording on the web blog...duh me...I had some expectation Garmin would support Apple products.  They +++plan+++ on doing it, and I read "2008" as meaning....it was released this year for Apple.

Wrong.

The pc filter load apple routine just wont work for me.

Are there any other options for apple users to load high quality road maps compatible with the garmin 60csx, or do I just wait for garmin to code up the software?

thanks,

Lucydad

Posted · Report post

All,

Thanks for your help. I got an email from garmin late today, after I mailed the software back asking for a refund. Clearly I was confused by their wording on the web blog...duh me...I had some expectation Garmin would support Apple products.  They +++plan+++ on doing it, and I read "2008" as meaning....it was released this year for Apple.

Wrong.

The pc filter load apple routine just wont work for me.

Are there any other options for apple users to load high quality road maps compatible with the garmin 60csx, or do I just wait for garmin to code up the software?

thanks,

Lucydad

Just get rid of the Apple !!

Or you could ask someone on here to load it for you.

Posted · Report post

I'm having the same sort of problem.  I need a PC to do much caching stuff, but I can use the laptop I have from work.

I won't give up my Mac for caching things.