Four-legged friends

344 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Multi tasking at it's best!!! O0

Posted · Report post

Yesterday I took a work break and went to a park to look for a cache.  I got to the location and saw someone else in the distance that was near where I thought that the cache should be.  The guy was about the same build as TFP and he had a yellow Lab dog that looked like Breeze.  The dog started coming towards me at the parking lot and I thought that it was Breeze, so I was talking to the dog and calling it Breeze.  As it turned out, it was not TFP or Breeze.  The dog was friendly like most labs though.  The owner started calling the dog back to get it on its leash.  I don't think that the guy was a cacher though or he would have noticed my GPS and probably said something to me and it also turned out that I was in the wrong location for the cache that I was looking for.  However, I was close to a real cache. 

Posted · Report post

No pictures today but maybe you would like to watch?  :)

What was Breeze doing to Raine's head at about 17 seconds into the clip? :2funny:

Posted · Report post

What was Breeze doing to Raine's head at about 17 seconds into the clip? :2funny:

Establishing dominance.  :D

Breeze is a punk!!

Trust me Raine is the rat. He steals her toys, her food, attention, etc...

Posted · Report post

I did like the nice head fake Raine gives Breeze during the second retrieval.  Breeze just grabbed a big pawful of air!

Posted · Report post

[move]Caution:  Attempted thread hijacking in progress                                    Caution:  Attempted thread hijacking in progress                                    Caution:  Attempted thread hijacking in progress                                    Caution:  Attempted thread hijacking in progress[/move]

Moved to another thread. :)

Posted · Report post

Our 4-legged friends in our yard decided that it was time again to lay eggs again.

Yes our female tortoise has layed 15 eggs that we have pulled from the ground and put in the incubator. O0 O0

Posted · Report post

Our 4-legged friends in our yard decided that it was time again to lay eggs again.

Yes our female tortoise has layed 15 eggs that we have pulled from the ground and put in the incubator. O0 O0

Cool!

This is from the Houston Arboretum last Sunday morning.

[House cleaning - attachment deleted by admin]

Posted · Report post

This guy didn't have any legs...but it was cool to watch him climb. T.Skammer spotted him as we were walking down the trail.

Posted · Report post

There were several very active southern water snakes in the swamp.

The frogs were there too but man they have some serious camo. Very tough to spot.

Posted · Report post

EEEEWWWW!  I did not need that!  Since I just started caching in Nov. this is the first "snake season" I have cached in. It wasn't bad enough that I am constantly scanning the ground for snake (instead of caches!) now I have to watch the trees too????

Posted · Report post

EEEEWWWW!  I did not need that!  Since I just started caching in Nov. this is the first "snake season" I have cached in. It wasn't bad enough that I am constantly scanning the ground for snake (instead of caches!) now I have to watch the trees too????

You just have to worry about when they fall out of the trees...possibly on you...  >:D:2funny:

Posted · Report post

EEEEWWWW!  I did not need that!  Since I just started caching in Nov. this is the first "snake season" I have cached in. It wasn't bad enough that I am constantly scanning the ground for snake (instead of caches!) now I have to watch the trees too????

You just have to worry about when they fall out of the trees...possibly on you...  >:D:2funny:

Dude, that's cold.......FUNNY, but cold....  :):D

Posted · Report post

They really don't fall do they??? I mean I have seen them "jump" on people.

Posted · Report post

Isn't there the infamous Panamanian Flying Snake that they've seen more and more around Houston?  Something about getting on ships coming through the canal and ending up in the Port of Houston....  ???  Aren't there reports of them being seen as far north as Dallas?

Posted · Report post

Isn't there the infamous Panamanian Flying Snake that they've seen more and more around Houston?  Something about getting on ships coming through the canal and ending up in the Port of Houston....  ???  Aren't there reports of them being seen as far north as Dallas?

Great! Snakes at work.. :o

Posted · Report post

This guy didn't have any legs...but it was cool to watch him climb. T.Skammer spotted him as we were walking down the trail.

OMG, That's the same snake that I saw at a cache!  I told Tim that it was 26 feet long and it had to be a Rattle Snake because it sure had me Rattled!  I'm glad you got a picture of it because once I saw it I was in the van and not getting out until we got to the next cache.

Posted · Report post

The snake we saw went from a 4 foot King Snake to a 10 foot Rattler within 30 seconds. Now I see it has grown to a 26 foot long Rattler...

By the time the Milestones event happens, that snake will be 29 feet. Snakes grow fast!

OMG, That's the same snake that I saw at a cache!  I told Tim that it was 26 feet long and it had to be a Rattle Snake because it sure had me Rattled!  I'm glad you got a picture of it because once I saw it I was in the van and not getting out until we got to the next cache.

Posted · Report post

The snake we saw went from a 4 foot King Snake to a 10 foot Rattler within 30 seconds. Now I see it has grown to a 26 foot long Rattler...

By the time the Milestones event happens, that snake will be 29 feet. Snakes grow fast!

Hey, it's Texas and everythings big in Texas!

Posted · Report post

Isn't there the infamous Panamanian Flying Snake that they've seen more and more around Houston?  Something about getting on ships coming through the canal and ending up in the Port of Houston....  ???   Aren't there reports of them being seen as far north as Dallas?

Great! Snakes at work.. :o

:police:  We've got some beachfront property for you to buy in Arizona, too.  ;)

Posted · Report post

Watching that video makes me ask this question:

How Frisbee's do you have to replace every week?

Posted · Report post

Watching that video makes me ask this question:

How Frisbee's do you have to replace every week?

That's a Kong Frisbee. A bit tough to throw straight but it's quite durable. The Frisbee is also a "special" toy as is the Wubba. So they only get to play with them during special occasions.

In the house is a plentiful supply of Kong chew toys/bones that they have free will on.