Four-legged friends

344 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

500mm?  Nice.

Wanna tango?  Playing around with new lens... watching the dogs play in the yard.

Man that pic is super crisp and the colors are really warm. Nice shot!

Posted · Report post

50m f/1.4 - I'm having hard time using it though. Sue wanted an easy lens she could shoot indoors with questionable lighting. The images are super sharp and crisp when I get a one though.

Posted · Report post

I read it too fast.  Or I typed too fast.  I thought you bought a second mortgage lens for a minute there.

500mm?  Nice.

Wanna tango?  Playing around with new lens... watching the dogs play in the yard.

Posted · Report post

Some more from this morning.

[House cleaning - attachment deleted by admin]

Posted · Report post

The other 4-legged creature/s in the house.

Posted · Report post

Here is Jake. The pup I picked up the other day. I contacted Scout's Honor a rescue here in Houston. We were able to get him to a vet and had him taken care of. He had buckshot in his rear paw which got infected and is heart worm positive.

I picked him up from the Vet on Friday and took him up north to another foster. He should be available to adopt in a couple of weeks when he gets neutered.

After two days at the vet and meeting his foster he was in much better spirits.

Posted · Report post

Can't imagine how I missed this topic before!!  I read you need to make the file size smaller but couldn't figure out how, so this might not work. Back to front: Callie - a "gift" from our son, Emerald "Emmie" dumped near our house, Pearl - my best dog, rescued from Galvez. Cty. animal shelter, Topaz - dumped at our family cemetary in the country as a puppy, Opal - sister to Topaz.

Okay, the file is only one picture, but is too big.  I have looked and looked but can't figure out how to make it smaller.  I'm sure you guys are as sick of reading "I can't figure it out" as I am typing it!  But, what can I say...not very technical!

Posted · Report post

Nice head shot. I like cats as well as dogs.  I like the challenge of befriending a cat.  I remember spending about a year trying to pet this one cat.  After a year the cat actually would stop to let me pet him.  He was still a bit skittish but would quickly warm up to me.

Posted · Report post

That is a fantastic shot!  O0

...and an awesome thing to do for Jake!  O0:)

Posted · Report post

Jake has a somewhat interesting story.

He had been hanging around the neighborhood for a little over a month. The lady two houses down from me tried to "adopt" him. Well she got mad cause he kept breaking their fence. So she just let him go. (I found this out when I went to go for permission to take him being unsure about his ownership) For a month he had been disappearing in the evening but every morning to the minute would show up to mingle with the elementary kids at their bus stop.

A few days ago another concerned lady was walking him around on lead going door to door asking if he belonged to anyone. When she confronted me I said I believed he belonged to the lady two doors down. She said there was no answer and then her kid told me there had been a note on his collar that said "please take me". That was enough for me so the following day I confronted the lady two doors down to ask for permission to take him. She got all mad and went into this story about him breaking her fence and thought it wasn't right for a dog to act like that when you try to be nice to it. I stopped her mid way into her story and said I wanted to take him and wasn't there for her fence.

He hadn't been to concerned with me or the techs at the vet. When I picked him up on Friday and took him to the foster he didn't seem to care either.. but he looked a lot better. So as we were in the backyard the foster motions for her son to come out into the backyard to meet Jake. As soon as Jake saw her son his tail lit up and was going 90mph. Jake ran over to him jumped up and literally put his two front legs around the kid's waist like a hug. Later that evening the foster sent me an email saying that Jake cries anytime her son is out of sight.

I had a feeling he was a special dog. I'm hopeful the rescue will place him in a good home. He certainly deserves it.

Posted · Report post

Canine Queen's picture:

Posted · Report post

Thot,

You  rock!  Thank you soooo much! In case you didn't see the other post fom back to front is: Callie- a blue heeler our youngest son "gave" us, Emerald "Emmie" someone dropped off out here in the country, Pearl, my best dog, I rescued from Galvez Cty Animal Shelter, Topaz & her sister Opal someone dropped off at our family cemetary way out in the country when they were about 6 weeks old.  Our (ok, my) newest rescue is Mommadog. Someone near my office in De Berry moved & left 5 dogs.  Momma hung around awhile then lost al litter of pups.  I couldn't stand to see her suffer any more so I took her to get fixed & treated for heartworms. I swore I would take her back to the office, but of course I couldn't!  So, now she is a special part of the family

Posted · Report post

Thot,

You  rock!  Thank you soooo much! In case you didn't see the other post fom back to front is: Callie- a blue heeler our youngest son "gave" us, Emerald "Emmie" someone dropped off out here in the country, Pearl, my best dog, I rescued from Galvez Cty Animal Shelter, Topaz & her sister Opal someone dropped off at our family cemetary way out in the country when they were about 6 weeks old.  Our (ok, my) newest rescue is Mommadog. Someone near my office in De Berry moved & left 5 dogs.  Momma hung around awhile then lost al litter of pups.  I couldn't stand to see her suffer any more so I took her to get fixed & treated for heartworms. I swore I would take her back to the office, but of course I couldn't!  So, now she is a special part of the family

Which one is the Weim?  :)

Posted · Report post

Thot,

Beautiful Blue Heeler. We adopted one years ago (picture of her is somewhere in this thread) and she is without a doubt the greatest dog I have ever had. No doubt the smartest dog I have ever had too.

-C

Posted · Report post

Callie Puppy is the sweetest dog with people, but really bad with other dogs.  She always starts @#$% with the others, then gets her butt whipped!!  I wish I could deduct her vet bills from our taxes!!

Posted · Report post

I love your avatar (path tag?) Canine_Queen. Sorry if I'm late, I haven't been on forums in a couple of days.

Posted · Report post

I love your avatar (path tag?) Canine_Queen. Sorry if I'm late, I haven't been on forums in a couple of days.

I was also wondering if it was a pathtag.  I haven't taken the time to go look for it on the pathtags site.  It's probably faster to just ask on the forums about it rather than trying to find it in the gallery. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks!  It isn't trackable, unfortunately.  :( I ordered them about a month after I started caching.  Now, I wish I had gotten trackable ones.  Maybe next time.

Posted · Report post

Thanks!  It isn't trackable, unfortunately.  :( I ordered them about a month after I started caching.  Now, I wish I had gotten trackable ones.  Maybe next time.

They are still nice.  I hope to find one in a cache one day.  They are really nice. 

Posted · Report post

A dog is truly a man's best friend. If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour.

When you open the trunk, which is really happy to see you? :D

Posted · Report post

A dog is truly a man's best friend. If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.

:D :D :D

Never thought about it that way ;)

Posted · Report post

I would suggest you NOT think about it that way!!!  :police: :police: :police:

Posted · Report post

Funny, it works the same way with a husband & a dog!!  >:D >:D>:D

Thanks, Muddy Buddies!  Can't remember if I left any in caches in the Houston area or not.  Oh, I remember!  There's one in Where the Buffalo Roam!! LOL!  Just kidding!

Posted · Report post

I would suggest you NOT think about it that way!!!  :police: :police: :police:

Good notion. ;)

Posted · Report post

I would suggest you NOT think about it that way!!!   :police: :police: :police:

Good notion. ;)

Because the dog house is always got vacancies....