Four-legged friends

344 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I just want to add that the bigger parks like George Bush and Danny Jackson should not be considered. Those parks are busy almost all day every day. Too many dogs too many people. Just a dog fight or accident waiting to happen.

Posted · Report post

Bill Archer Dog Park on Highway 6  has a huge area behind the main area where you could easily hold an event....plus get a Muddy Buddies and OSC cache to boot (ours is being changed out from a plastic ammo box to metal ammo can this week but it will be up soon...)  O0

Posted · Report post

Here is a nice rundown on area dog parks.  There's the Ella and Friends dog park in Deer Park that seems to be lightly used.  Plus there's a cache nearby!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the info...I will check them out after the first of the year (a good reason to go caching :))

Posted · Report post

Another taken just a few minutes ago and another from the day we brought Raine home.

Raine is 28 weeks (not quite 7 months) Breeze 3.5 years.

Breeze is always happy, Raine though.. Receiving treats is serious business.

[House cleaning - attachment deleted by admin]

Posted · Report post

Another taken just a few minutes ago and another from the day we brought Raine home.

Raine is 28 weeks (not quite 7 months) Breeze 3.5 years.

Breeze is always happy, Raine though.. Receiving treats is serious business.

Looks like Raine is going to get pretty big...  :)

Posted · Report post

Well, these next two pictures might constitute a little luck.  The first one is of our first Weim, Blue, and Fritz and it was taken in 2000.  Blue tragically died in 2002 from a sudden illness (which prompted us getting Bella later that year.)  Anyway, the picture of Blue and Fritz was an accident.  We happened to be out in our yard taking pictures of something else and caught Blue and Fritz in that photo.  The unusual thing is that Blue was total Alpha and NEVER paid Fritz or our cats (or any other dog for that matter) any attention.  He was an aloof dog.  We entered this picture in a contest and its in a coffee table book somewhere (it was way too expensive and we didn't get a comp of it)  Coincidentally, we got this shot of Bella and Fritz also.  It's weird because it is almost the same shot.  (Had to touch up that photo a little in the right corner though.)  It's also funny because after Blue died and Bella came along, Fritz became Alpha.  To this day its funny to see a little dog like that boss around an 80lb Weim....

Posted · Report post

At the moms house, we have Landa (named after Landa Park in New Braunfels) a blue heeler:

crystalbeach%20018.jpg

Then, she has a new buddy whom she hates named "Lautie" as in the saying "Well, Lautie Dah." Not sure what my mom was thinking when she named her. Apparently though, recently they play together, but Landa growls all the time at Lautie. Landa is rather anti-social. She is gonna have to get over that...

Here's the n00b, another blue heeler pup:

IMG_3603.JPG

Next to her entire self, is Bronx's head. My brothers horse.

And one more of Lautie being towered over by Bronx and Jersey, my brother's other dog.

IMG_3618.JPG

-Cameron

Posted · Report post

As a side note, hunters, field trial experts, back packers and vets all recommend that if you take your dog into the fields and woods, etc... please take a good pair of side cutter pliers with you.

A downed fence or barbed wire can ruin your and the dog's day without you being able to cut it to get them out. I always bring a pair. And a small doggie first aid kit too. You can get a doggie first aid kit online, it includes styptic pencil, for cut pads, eye wash, etc... I haven't had to use it yet.

(I went into Walmart one day looking for a styptic pencil and couldn't find it. I asked one of our local youths who worked there and he said the school supplies, were over there.....)

If you have ever been out with a dog, who has cut it's pad, you will know what I mean. The pads have a tremendous blood supply and they bleed like a stuck hog (?) from a pad cut. I was hunting with my Irish setter in Michigan, years ago and she cut her pad. I expected CSI to show up at any time and follow the blood trail.....

Posted · Report post

Sorry to post so many pictures... but you asked for it... :)

So... Not only did Raine make the (according to my track log) 8.62 mile One Cache Loop hike today. He also made in home just in time to graduate from obedience class this evening.

Needless to say, he is out. Ain't moving for nothing dead tired .

Posted · Report post

This is our newest monster.  His momma was a stray a friend rescued and he needed a home.  It has been an interesting week with him around.

DSC03486.jpg

DSC03488.jpg

DSC03489.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

Posted · Report post

I love that second image. :D

Posted · Report post

We live in the Austin area, but I too couldn't resist this thread.  Our geopups are a huge part of our geocaching experiences.  Both ankle-biters have made 8+ mile hikes through hill country terrain with us and did the Texas Challenge with us when it was at Inks (we thought better of it at Brazos Bend and got a dog-sitter).  661a3bec-6772-4349-ab9e-823d0726b058.jpg

Posted · Report post

Ditto.

Posted · Report post

Ditto.

Is that Bailey getting his butt whipped?

Posted · Report post

Is that Bailey getting his butt whipped?

Yeah, he didn't get a vote on the new cat.  He's done pretty well with him so far though.

Posted · Report post

Breeze and Raine playing chase. They play pretty hard and when I got home and saw this first pic I took I died laughing.  Enjoy!

goosed.jpg

rolled.jpg

wheelie.jpg

catchme.jpg

Posted · Report post

Our Smash is not quite as large as Breeze and Raine (only 11 pounds) but he does support our caching habit as long as there are treats for him... ::)

th_IMG_8569_edited.jpg

Posted · Report post

I wanted to share a pic of our newest caching member.  We adopted Nyssa from BARC earlier today, so she hasn't had her first caching trip, but she does seem to be settling in here quite nicely.  Sassy (our cat) has already put Nyssa in her place a couple of times though.  We also have a guinea pig in our zoo.  :)

100_3826.JPG

Posted · Report post

Wanna tango?  Playing around with new lens... watching the dogs play in the yard.

Posted · Report post

500mm?  Nice.

Wanna tango?  Playing around with new lens... watching the dogs play in the yard.