SockPuppet

Four-legged friends

344 posts in this topic

Is there anyone out there that wants a FREE black lab mix?  A friend of a friend of mine found 5 puppies in the middle of a road and picked them up.  He can only keep them a short while and then has to take them to the pound.  I told my friend he should go to SPCA, Special pals or CAPS.  If interested let me know and I'll get you in touch with the person who has the puppies.

Thanks for your help

Debby

This is our geo-pup named Shelby. She always goes caching with myself and kalvey. If you see her out on a cache run remember to track her since she is trackable!

post-1531-0-57144600-1318475965_thumb.jp

How difficult is it to manage the kayak and dog? I'm thinking one of my 75lb labs would cause me a bit of trouble when they shift their weight around.

I have a friend how kayaked from Maine to Marble Falls, TX with his dog in a kayak. Now the dog was only about 40 lbs, and the kayak was custom build to house a dog (front seat had the opening, but no leg room), but it is doable.

Eagle

How difficult is it to manage the kayak and dog? I'm thinking one of my 75lb labs would cause me a bit of trouble when they shift their weight around.

I had no problem, but my dog is about 45 lbs. And although she freaked (that photo was from the first time she was on it) my son just kept her calm. My yak is a standard sit-on tandem, so I normally fill the leg wells with towels and make it all level. That gives the dog a lot more stability and comfort. She still freaks at the wobbling when I get in and launch but once going is fine and enjoys looking at everything from birds to fish jumping. She walks around, but it's not the same impact as one of your dogs.

Yea.. Breeze at the first sighting of one of those fish would eject herself from the boat and probably take me out in the process.

In fact I don't think any of my dogs would do well in a small yak but it's a nice thought.

Yea.. Breeze at the first sighting of one of those fish would eject herself from the boat and probably take me out in the process.

In fact I don't think any of my dogs would do well in a small yak but it's a nice thought.

With my puppies I would just get to the water and they would jump in ... no way could I get them in a yak...but I might hook the yak up to one of the puppies and let them tow me :)

Not MY dog, but coming home from my son's cub scout campout at villge Creek State Park we saw this -- doing 75 and the chops flapping. Was so funny. Dog turned straight at us and I swear it smiled and went to doing what dogs do in vehicles....

post-840-0-69711800-1318801268_thumb.jpg

Having lost my last canine companion recently, I decided to jump back in. This is Sam, he just came home with me tonight. Hopefully he will be joining me for hikes and geocaching.

Sam5.jpg

Sam1.jpg

Having lost my last canine companion recently, I decided to jump back in. This is Sam, he just came home with me tonight. Hopefully he will be joining me for hikes and geocaching.

Congratulations! I know it's not easy to get a new companion but he looks like an active cache-dog to me.