Sign in to follow this  
Snoogans

White Elephant Exchange 2006

When should I post my White Elephant Exchange event?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. When should I post my White Elephant Exchange event?

• December 30 (evening)
    • January 7
    • January 8
    • December 18
    • December 24 (kidding)
    • Later in January....
    • Earlier in December...

Around 40 people showed up to my White Elephant event last year and it was the day after Christmas. :o A group drove in from Austin and we had visiting cachers from as far away as North Carolina.

IT WAS A TOTAL BLAST!!!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=0b7bb217-ecaa-415d-90fc-b8ec3dcadd07&log=y&decrypt=

I'm in a bit of a quandry as to when to hold this year's event. They tend to be the best AFTER christmas and there will probably be other Christmasy events posted anyway. What do you folks think?

I'm leaning toward January....(psst... less chance for scheduling conflicts.)

I vote for later in January. Let's get the kids back in school and settled down.

I, too, have done many White Elephant Exchanges in our GS Service Units. I love it and it does take some strategy and partnering if you want a particular gift.

Snoogs, I'll help plan this with you if you need any help? My workload has decreased tremendously and I find that I have extra time. Just PM me or post and I'll get with you. We may need to find a venue that will hold about 50-75 people as evidenced by the Thanksgiving event.

Just my .02

gsguru

I like dates either at the end of December or in January.  As for the Dec. 30 date, I was hoping that someone would follow through and organize the camping weekend that is talked about in another event thread.  Would we want to have the White Elephant as an activity for the camping weekend but probably on the Saturday when everyone would be there or make this a separate event for later on, perhaps in January  (more chances for us to get together)  I was forunate enough to go to both events last year and they were both great.  I just love events. 

As long as I am in town I will be there, whenever the date should be.  I think the camping idea sounds great too.  Hey MB's, looks like your about to cross the 1600 mark, a big  O0 and congrats.

As long as I am in town I will be there, whenever the date should be.  I think the camping idea sounds great too.  Hey MB's, looks like your about to cross the 1600 mark, a big  O0 and congrats.

I vote for after Christmas since the zoo usually has an end-of-year clearance on their white elephants.

I vote for after Christmas since the zoo usually has an end-of-year clearance on their white elephants.

:D :D :DYea I had to pay way to much for mine last year :D :D :D

RER,  we plan to go out tomorrow and cross the 1600, then onto the next milestone.  Thanks for noticing.  My non-geocaching friend told me the other day, "You know you're an addict don't you?"

Sockpuppet and tx_secsy, where do you come up with this stuff?  You are way too funny. 

I vote for Dec 30th so we can celebrate my B'day too..... LOL   O0

In case I forget.....

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday to you

Happy Birthday dear SUUUUUUUUEEEEEEE

Happy Birthday to you.....

Sorry, Snoogs, a little off topic.

gsguru  :-[

not the 7th of janurary---i won't remember it--thats my birthday....

i vote for middle dec or during the event--on new years--that we had quite a few folks show up that didn't do the camping thing...just came out for the day...

Helloooooo!  Earth to Snoogans.  I need to know if I should bring a gift to the New years event or not.  Is this happening then or not? 

There's no reason we couldn't do a little something like that anyway, but I'm gonna post the event for Jan. 8th.

I just don't think the C.E.NO, Prime approver, would approve it and I'm not gonna try.