Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm on a quest any body wanna help me...

119 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

"Dear Lord, please help Tx secsy sell her house.  Oh, and if you could give me a hint on next weeks lottery numbers, that'd be great.  Amen. :angel:

Posted · Report post

Hea y'all I haven't been here in a few days and it's nice to see some of you locals jumped into the game with me, I was begining to wonder if it was gonna be just me and LadyCacher (Granbury TX).  Ok my road trip is tomorrow morning the twins and I are headed out at about 5AM I have a list of caches to get on the way there to set me up for #3000.  So for those of you that have done Cave Cache is it exceptiable for a milestone?  Other than the cave cache I have everything I need to get all my puzzle pieces. :P

Now for the PROBLEM I'm not a puzzle girl, so I could just end up at dead last! :( (how sad), but on the plus side the game and the cool weather came along at the same time so I've been able to get out and CACHE and actually ENJOY myself (no sweating) that's a good thing.

Pepper

Posted · Report post

Hea y'all I haven't been here in a few days and it's nice to see some of you locals jumped into the game with me, I was begining to wonder if it was gonna be just me and LadyCacher (Granbury TX).  Ok my road trip is tomorrow morning the twins and I are headed out at about 5AM I have a list of caches to get on the way there to set me up for #3000.  So for those of you that have done Cave Cache is it exceptiable for a milestone?  Other than the cave cache I have everything I need to get all my puzzle pieces. :P

Now for the PROBLEM I'm not a puzzle girl, so I could just end up at dead last! :( (how sad), but on the plus side the game and the cool weather came along at the same time so I've been able to get out and CACHE and actually ENJOY myself (no sweating) that's a good thing.

Pepper

The Cave Cache was OK.  I thought the Midnight Cave Earthcache was a better cave.

Posted · Report post

Hey Pepper I thought you were gonna hit the big 3k the other day......good idea to save it for some majestic site in the Hill Country.  Congratulations on your acheivement.  I think I may never make 3000.  Good luck keeping those girls in hand, those were some caching maniacs if I have ever seen 'em.  Sure would be good to have their talent at the SETX camp in the next TC.  Sorry for being off topic.

Posted · Report post

Just got back from Austin and wow am I pooped!

tThose twins of mine ran me ragged and well they found half and I found half of the caches we hunted today.

I did manage to get my last puzzle piece today "A CAVE" and thank you SP for you suggestion I did go for the Midnight Cave it was very cool and the twins well they found some fine climbing trees in the area.  Now all there is left to do is log all the caches and well solve the puzzle .

Oh and Ray the twins and I will go caching with ya anytime, there are GREAT cache finders.

All ya gotta do is tell how many 100ft and in what direction and there off...normally with a cache in hand when I catch up to them.

Pepper

Posted · Report post

Just got back from Austin and wow am I pooped!

tThose twins of mine ran me ragged and well they found half and I found half of the caches we hunted today.

I did manage to get my last puzzle piece today "A CAVE" and thank you SP for you suggestion I did go for the Midnight Cave it was very cool and the twins well they found some fine climbing trees in the area.  Now all there is left to do is log all the caches and well solve the puzzle .

Oh and Ray the twins and I will go caching with ya anytime, there are GREAT cache finders.

All ya gotta do is tell how many 100ft and in what direction and there off...normally with a cache in hand when I catch up to them.

Pepper

Congrats on 3000 caches and 100 hidden.  Two great milestones.  Glad you liked the Midnight Cave.  Pretty posh area.

Posted · Report post

I have placed three or four new caches around town that I have not placed on GC yet.  Good place to catch a FTF.  More will be placed shortly

One is near Hobby Airport

Second is in Hockley

Third is downtown

I know where there is a mine here in Harris Co, thirty miles from Houston in Hockley

Statues are all over town

Couple of caches with Rivers in them

Try me on others

There are 14 players playing around the Houston Area

PEPPER is in the lead, moving up to fifth place

MEDTEXPLACER,  THE HAZELNUTS,  MUDDY BUDDIES,  is next in line with 12 each

HOUSTON CONTROL,  ZZZWOOT,  GSGURU8306, OHL HOCKEY GUY, STAR_AVI8R,  CHANCE ENCOUNTER,  and  DREW8  range from 6 to 10 logs

Just starting is  THOT,  TEAM TEXAS FLASH,  and JERIHEND

Again who needs what?

You can reply here;  e-mail me  at  GEOPARKERPLUS@YAHOO.COM;  or call me at  281  734 6564

Posted · Report post

I have placed three or four new caches around town that I have not placed on GC yet.  Good place to catch a FTF.  More will be placed shortly

One is near Hobby Airport

Second is in Hockley

Third is downtown

I know where there is a mine here in Harris Co, thirty miles from Houston in Hockley

Statues are all over town

Couple of caches with Rivers in them

Try me on others

There are 14 players playing around the Houston Area

PEPPER is in the lead, moving up to fifth place

MEDTEXPLACER,  THE HAZELNUTS,  MUDDY BUDDIES,  is next in line with 12 each

HOUSTON CONTROL,  ZZZWOOT,  GSGURU8306, OHL HOCKEY GUY, STAR_AVI8R,  CHANCE ENCOUNTER,  and  DREW8  range from 6 to 10 logs

Just starting is  THOT,  TEAM TEXAS FLASH,  and JERIHEND

Again who needs what?

You can reply here;  e-mail me  at  GEOPARKERPLUS@YAHOO.COM;  or call me at  281  734 6564

Thanks for the kind offer.  I have everything I need.  I did not know about a cave or mine in Hockley.  I would probably make the trip anyway just to see the site and find the cache.

Posted · Report post

Thanks Parker, I only need the cave one. Then, I sit and wait for my time to log them in. Where is the mine in Hockley? Will it work for the cave requirement? I missed my chance last weekend while in Austin to grab a cave cache..  :'(

gsguru

Posted · Report post

PARKERPLUS your an :angel:!  What would we do without cha YOU ROCK!!!!!

Hockley hmmm...maybe that would be a good place for an earthcache?

Oh btw which way is Hockley (time to take a look a my DeLorme software).

So how is everybody doing with the treasure map?

Pepper

Posted · Report post

I read about the Coin Quest game on this forum. Thanks, Pepper, for the heads up. I saw one of your logs on a cache that we both found and thought, "What is this?" It has kept up my interest in caching! I was able to get most of my finds on a trip to S.A. to see the parents for Thanksgiving. Any excuse for caching!!! O0 I got the cave one at Natural Bridge Earthcache - less than 20 miles from the parents' house. That was a good one!!

Posted · Report post

It's getting down to the end of Coin Quest and the map is being uncovered.  What are the symbols on the side?  I know we've seen them before.  Any help on where we can find out how to break that code? 

Posted · Report post

I'd seen that somewhere before, too. I have a book called "Codes, Ciphers, and Secret Writings" by Martin Gardner. I think it is the pigpen cipher? I haven't really tried to break the code yet. The book says that letters are separated by lines, like pigs in a pen. You draw two ticktacktoe patterns and two X patterns. Then letters are placed in all of the compartments, but dots are placed in only one of the ticktacktoes and one of the Xs. So a "V" pointing up without a dot is the top compartment of the X pattern that does not have a dot. I haven't googled it yet, but it should be out there somewhere.

Posted · Report post

Yes, it's definitely the Pigpen Cipher, used by Freemasons as early as the 18th century.  I believe it was mentioned in one of the many Sherlock Holmes short stories that focus on secret writings.

Here's a good link that should make the decryption easy:

Pigpen Cipher

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the help with the cipher.  I've now got the part that I have uncovered deciphered, and I can guess on the rest.  The message is cute. 

Posted · Report post

I found a multi-cache today where the final cooridinates had the last three numbers the same.  Would that count for the three digits requirement?  I couldn't find in the Coin Quest rules or FAQ's nor on the Cache Nuts forums where it said it wouldn't.

Also, anybody have a short list of Statue caches?  Other than my "Hometown History", that is? :o

Posted · Report post

I found a multi-cache today where the final cooridinates had the last three numbers the same.  Would that count for the three digits requirement?  I couldn't find in the Coin Quest rules or FAQ's nor on the Cache Nuts forums where it said it wouldn't.

Also, anybody have a short list of Statue caches?  Other than my "Hometown History", that is? :o

Bell Park is a statue cache. 

Posted · Report post

AS THE WORLD TURNS near Herman Park could be used for a Statue Cache

Posted · Report post

I'm not too sure about your three-digit question, Houston Control. I e-mailed cachunuts directly a couple of times with questions and they replied back quickly. I found Shriner's Lookout this morning for the three-digit find and it also has a statue nearby - kind of - across the street. Seems close enough to me.

Posted · Report post

Hazelnuts, somewhere I read that the 3 digits cache must have a log book at the coords given on GC and not on multi-stage cache.  Check one of THOT's recent post where he listed several caches ending in the same 3 digits.  Two of mine were listed as well  -    ARMADILLO PALACE  and  THE FOUR TOWER CACHE

Have fun

Posted · Report post

Y'all are probably right on the 3 digits thing.  I emailed cache nuts anyway, so we'll see what they say.  BTW, I placed a cache in Baytown that meets the last 3 digits requirement(GCRCKG), it anyone is interested.  Plus, I have a statue cache, a cache in a forest, several micros, and a cache with a great view.  If I could only log my own caches.... ::)

Posted · Report post

MedTexPlacer finished the Coin Quest Adventure!

So I guess now all the rest of SETX folk will be all finishing soon I'm watching the fun.

Good luck y'all

Pepper

Posted · Report post

Special thanks to Pepper for this log.  Also without GQ and this site I would never have known.  We were fortunate that tx_secsy and the MuddyBuddies hosted an Event cache as that is one of the logs that seems to be hard for many people.

Posted · Report post

Oh my gosh with out tx_secsy and the MuddyBuddies being the 4th to finish would of not be possible thanks girls.

pepper

Posted · Report post

When we got to the end and had to figure out the puzzle, it took us over an hour to figure it out.  That was pretty frustrating, but when we stumbled onto how to solve it, we found it to be very clever.  This was a fun game.  Thanks Pepper for letting everyone know about it.  We went from starting out around the 90th place to being 49th.  That must mean that many others gave up on the puzzle or had requirements that they are having trouble getting.  I was going to really be mad if I had gone through all of the travelling to get requirements and then couldn't complete it on the last day due to a puzzle.    Good luck to all of the other Houston Area Geocachers.  I can't wait to get my coin.