Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm on a quest any body wanna help me...

119 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Did a google search for caves in Houston. Apparently there are some and even a group who actively seeks them out. I couldn't find a listing though..

Posted · Report post

After going back and reading the requirements for the near a cave, it says it only has to be a hole in the ground.  I think that Crown Bend Outlook might work.  It is a tunnel that is a big hole.  I haven't done this cache, so I don't really know whether it will fit or not. 

I did several caches today that will fit requirements for the game.  There are a few that I'll actually have to travel aways to get to since I've already found the ones that are close. 

Posted · Report post

After going back and reading the requirements for the near a cave, it says it only has to be a hole in the ground.  I think that Crown Bend Outlook might work.  It is a tunnel that is a big hole.  I haven't done this cache, so I don't really know whether it will fit or not. 

I did several caches today that will fit requirements for the game.  There are a few that I'll actually have to travel aways to get to since I've already found the ones that are close. 

The problem is you have to be able to see the cave, mine tunnel, or hole from the cache site.  Since the cache is north west of the tunnel you can;t really see it fro mthe cache location.

Posted · Report post

Bosun's new Crown Bend Lookout is directly above the Washburn Tunnel, which passes under the Houston Ship Channel.

As far as caves, the only one I know about is a small one at Mudfrog and Chicken's Teran multicache.

Good luck!

The tunnel has to be a mine tunnel. Teran is a multi-cache but the cave is at Waypoint 2 so it does not qualify unless the cave is near the final cache.

Oh darn,  I thought that I'd just have to go to the Washburn tunnel for cave one.  Oh well, it looks like a road trip for us too.  Who wants to go? 

I also am trying to figure out what dog cache that I'm going to do since the ones that I know of I've already done. 

I'm interested in a road trip! When in Austin we could just do a grlChow cache for the dog cache. 

Posted · Report post

I jumped into this game too.  Do you think Crown Bend Lookout would qualify for the scenic view?  You can see a pretty long way... just not sure how scenic it is. :P

Posted · Report post

I jumped into this game too.  Do you think Crown Bend Lookout would qualify for the scenic view?  You can see a pretty long way... just not sure how scenic it is. :P

I thought about using it for a scenic view given that there are so few views that large of the ship channel.  I did a cache today called the A Walk with A View in Kingwood.  The view was spectacular!  Perhaps BayClif would be good.

Posted · Report post

I've done A Walk with a View.  You're right, that is a nice view.  Not to blow my own horn, but Oilfield Cache might qualify for a nice view.

BTW, I'm waiting for a cache I placed today to be approved.  That will satisfy my game requirement to place a cache and it could help you guys meet one of several requirements for the game as well. O0  Stay tuned.....

Posted · Report post

I've done A Walk with a View.  You're right, that is a nice view.  Not to blow my own horn, but Oilfield Cache might qualify for a nice view.

BTW, I'm waiting for a cache I placed today to be approved.  That will satisfy my game requirement to place a cache and it could help you guys meet one of several requirements for the game as well. O0  Stay tuned.....

I hope it is by a cave or mine tunnel O0

Posted · Report post

I placed a cache which has the name River in it, mentions a statue, in a forest, has two sets of consecutive numbers all the same .999 and .999.  How's that for a wild card.  The only problem is it is not easy to find.

Posted · Report post

and here is one for a dog ... so sad it was living when I found it ...

Toby's Cache In Memory Of

Oh oh that's good it's much closer than the one I found named Doggie Cache in the Woodlands.

I'm gonna TRY and hold my number 10 spot, stay tuned we'll see how it goes. :)

Pepper

Congrats to Pepper on moving up to number 6. BTW I read in the forums that a cache at a Dog Park qualifies.

Posted · Report post

I guess any cache by Skammer would qualify as the dog cache?

I never thought of that but after reading the bio I guess that is right.  After all Blanco finds more caches than Robert or Shannon. :D

Posted · Report post

I placed a cache which has the name River in it, mentions a statue, in a forest, has two sets of consecutive numbers all the same .999 and .999.  How's that for a wild card.  The only problem is it is not easy to find.

Sockpuppet is correct...it's not easy to find.  You'll have to work for this one. 

Posted · Report post

I got my FTF this morning on WCB's The Other Side of the Park.  Looking back, I'm surprised I'm not still out there looking.  Very evil placement -- a concealed micro in a sea of micros. >:D  Definitely tougher than the one star it is rated, IMHO.

Posted · Report post

I was going to jump in and I bookmarked a few cave caches in Austin. Well work is taking over ... so I had to back off a bit.

Here is my bookmark list http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=55668728-abfe-4da5-b038-dbff7f79a564

Thanks Rick.  I did not pick up on the Midnight Cave Earthcache.

I don't think that he Midnight Cave will qualify since it is just an earthcache and won't have a log.  I think the requirement says they have to have a log except for the virtual cache requirement.  We did Cave Cache today.  It fits the requirements, but probably is not as spectacular as Midnight Cave sounds.  We didn't do Midnight Cave.

Posted · Report post

I was going to jump in and I bookmarked a few cave caches in Austin. Well work is taking over ... so I had to back off a bit.

Here is my bookmark list http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=55668728-abfe-4da5-b038-dbff7f79a564

Thanks Rick.  I did not pick up on the Midnight Cave Earthcache.

I don't think that he Midnight Cave will qualify since it is just an earthcache and won't have a log.  I think the requirement says they have to have a log except for the virtual cache requirement.  We did Cave Cache today.  It fits the requirements, but probably is not as spectacular as Midnight Cave sounds.  We didn't do Midnight Cave.

The forum on the game board indicated that the earthcache is OK.

Posted · Report post

If I've read the forums correctly, I believe that cachunuts have stated that Earthcaches would be acceptable for the cave cache if you take a photo of yourself at the cache site.  Of course, I'd re-read the forums before heading out on a long road trip in case I've misinterpreted their post.

Posted · Report post

Tonight is the first time I read any of the forums for the CoinQuest game.  I read the thing about the earthcache.  It sounds like the earthcache is ok.  I was just coming back to this forum to post it and I see that I've already been corrected. 

It will be interesting to see what cave caches others in our area do.  We took a picture of our cave and posted it on the cache site, but it was actually a loggable cave. 

Posted · Report post

Tonight is the first time I read any of the forums for the CoinQuest game.  I read the thing about the earthcache.  It sounds like the earthcache is ok.  I was just coming back to this forum to post it and I see that I've already been corrected. 

It will be interesting to see what cave caches others in our area do.  We took a picture of our cave and posted it on the cache site, but it was actually a loggable cave. 

I just got back from Austin.  I did 2 cave caches (Midnight Cave and Cave Cache), 1 cache placed by CacheChow (a dog), 1 cache with a statue, and 3 puzzle caches.

I would say that the Cave Cache is rather small in comparison to the Midnight Cave but it does have a logbook and a physical cache.   

Posted · Report post

I just want all you cache-hounds to be thinkin about me while you're out in this BEAUTIFUL weather....cuz I'm at home steamcleaning carpets and painting....again. :( I'm like Pepper was a while back...livin my hobby vicariously through ya'll.

Posted · Report post

I just want all you cache-hounds to be thinkin about me while you're out in this BEAUTIFUL weather....cuz I'm at home steamcleaning carpets and painting....again. :( I'm like Pepper was a while back...livin my hobby vicariously through ya'll.

I hope it is in your new home O0

Posted · Report post

Nope....not YET....puttin this one back on the market. Its lookin good and I feel like it'll sell quickly soooooo...hopefully not long....ifn yer a prayin man, I'd appreciate a prayer or two  :)

Posted · Report post

Nope....not YET....puttin this one back on the market. Its lookin good and I feel like it'll sell quickly soooooo...hopefully not long....ifn yer a prayin man, I'd appreciate a prayer or two  :)

You got it!