Sign in to follow this  
Dave77459

Houston Invades.... Interest?

In talking to Tx_Secsy today, she tagged me with planning an event incorporating a road trip.  The basic concept is to meet in the morning and then invade some high-density place outside our normal stomping ground.  For example, Austin or San Antonio or Victoria.

Perhaps we leave early and return late.  Maybe we leave early and return late the next day.  Maybe we can make a contest out of it.  Certainly we will make it an event cache, even if we have to mislead PA to do it. (Uh, did I say that out loud?)

Before I announce something, I want to hear your thoughts.  Answer the poll above and let me know your thoughts via reply.

There are some nice campgrounds in the Austin - San Antonio area.  The fall is usually nice and cool weather for camping.  We could add that to the event cache list...Camping at Pedernales SP or Inks Lake SP.

Kathy and I made a trip last February with the Boy Scouts to that area.  We cached in San Marcos and New Braunfelds all day, and were able to rake up 20 finds.

It sounds like a lot of fun  ;D

Like TTF, it would depend on when.  Most of the weekends that I do have off for the next month or so are already booked.  I like the idea of the hill country or Austin. 

Like TTF, it would depend on when.  Most of the weekends that I do have off for the next month or so are already booked.  I like the idea of the hill country or Austin. 

If you go to the hill country watch out for the wild cactii!

Count me in. I am always game to go to the hill country. I like to think of it as my second home. Also with me, depends on when. It is getting close to the holidays and my Girl Scout troop is VERY involved in community service.... sometimes it doesn't pay to be the leader  :)

Camping is good. I have camped in several areas in the hill country and have enjoyed it immensely.

Let me know and I'll be there.

gsguru

Count me in. I am always game to go to the hill country. I like to think of it as my second home. Also with me, depends on when. It is getting close to the holidays and my Girl Scout troop is VERY involved in community service.... sometimes it doesn't pay to be the leader   :)

Camping is good. I have camped in several areas in the hill country and have enjoyed it immensely.

Let me know and I'll be there.

gsguru

Yeah, those Girl Scouting activities do get in the way of the social calendar.  I'm pretty booked with GS activities and I don't even have a troop any more.  We would love to go camping in the Hill Country somewhere, but it is going to depend on when.  If the weekend fits, then we're there, if not we'll try to catch the next one.    I think someone that is interested in going will just have to pick a date and say this is it so that we don't spend weeks in the forums just going back and forth like the FCL. 

I vote for the w/e of Dec 16-18. Right after the kids get out of school and right before the "right before Christmas" frenzy starts. Your thought?

Camping.....YES (it still isn't TOO TOO cold in December)

Hotel...... YES (if it is TOO TOO cold to camp)

Weekend of racking up the smilies.....  O0  O0  O0  O0

gsguru