FIRST to FIND

597 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We now have a new personal FTF record today.  We found 5 in one day.  I know this is nothing compared to Red Eye Rebels daily record, but we were quite proud of it. 

I am glad you found CE's 5 cches so I can stay out of the rain today O0.    I think my FTF     

record is 6 on Thanksgiving day!

BUt I think the new kid on the block Mr. Captain Picard  may give every a run for their money O0

So what do you think stopped him last night? 

I suspect he is NOT a night cacher ;)

Posted · Report post

We now have a new personal FTF record today.   We found 5 in one day.   I know this is nothing compared to Red Eye Rebels daily record, but we were quite proud of it. 

Could've been six. :D

Posted · Report post

toot-toot...two for us girls today!  The twins and I decided we could no longer watch two unfound caches on our radar, so at 2PM we decided to start the year off cachin' in the woods and got us to FTF's today.

toot-toot...

the twins had blast and so did mom

Happy New Year!!!

ok I'll go away now

Pepper

Posted · Report post

Its a toss up who was the first one this year to get a FTF.  MUDDY BUDDIES found their first FTF for the year at  7:15AM on the first day of 2006.  MEDTEXPLACER found his first FTF for 2006 about the same time.  Found his second FTF at 7:39AM

PEPPER recorded 2 FTFs for 2006 on Jan 1.  OHL HOCKEY GUY;  MAGGIEB has already logged in their first FTF for 2006 (on Jan 1)

As best I can determined, FULL HOUSE 5 was the last person to find a FTF for the year of 2005, finding the cache at 11:51PM 12/31/2005

Posted · Report post

December was a busy month for FTF finders having some 150 new caches placed for the month.

As you have read in another HGCS.org topic,  MUDDY BUDDIES outdid theirselves reporting 22 FTFs but I found them reporting 24 FTF finds

RED EYE REBELS was on their tail with 15 FTFs and putting them over 100 FTF finds

MEDTEXPLACER had 9 FTFs for the month including 2 of the MTP1K series (also completing his 1000th find)

SC93 was next finding 8 FTFs

WTT-B2 was able to locate 6 caches with blank pages

LJTXHIKER had a good month with 9 FTFs

PARKERPLUS, yes I was out looking, found 6 FTFs also

ZZZWOOT  came in with 4 FTFs as did

TX4GOOD logged 4 FTFs

CHANCE ENCOUNTER  had 4 FTFs also

THE HAZELNUTS -  4 FTFs also

YERTNAMREG1218 found 4 FTFs

OHL HOCKEY GUY found 4 FTFs all on the GREENWALL series.  Sorry, didn't catch the fourth one

Finding 3 FTFs were TSBAND;  TEAM_J;  MR. CAPTAIN PICARD;  PEPPER;  TX_SECSY;  WEEKENDWARRIOR1;  and MUSTARD DEVIL.   PAIR OF MEDICS had 3 FTFs also including their 1st FTF

Finding 2 FTFs or less were  GRANGERFAM (including their 1st FTF);  MAGGIEB;  THEMELMAN;  BOSUN;  DYFEN;  DAVE77459;  FREEBEE & 007 (their 1st);  ATMA;  SNAKE818 & PAINT MERE;  TEAM TROGLODYTE;  REMEMBER THAT (his 1st);  TEAMKINGUK;  GEEK-QUALIZER;  HOUSTON CONTROL;  THE POPETEERS;  FULL HOUSE 5;  JARIHEND;  THE CK5 GANG;  TEXASPOOHBEAR (her 1st one);  KIKIMEWL;  and  STORMKITE/GREATBIRDS (their first one)

Posted · Report post

Actually I was STF on the Bonus Cache. But FTF of those that completed all four caches leading to the bonus O0

Posted · Report post

Not to toot my own horn but I had 4 FTFs. I got 4 of 6 in the GreenWal series. O0

Posted · Report post

December was a busy month for FTF finders having some 150 new caches placed for the month.

As you have read in another HGCS.org topic,  MUDDY BUDDIES outdid theirselves reporting 22 FTFs but I found them reporting 24 FTF finds

I tried to find the other 2, but I couldn't figure out which 2 I might have missed.  I did find one that I didn't count because it was really Red Eye Rebels.  He just said in his log that he was sharing the find with us, but he really found it.  My guess is the other one is like that too.  It doesn't really matter though.  We were just happy to make the top of your list this month.  Thanks for your report Parkerplus. 

Posted · Report post

Not to toot my own horn but I had 4 FTFs. I got 4 of 6 in the GreenWal series. O0

Toot away!  O0

Posted · Report post

I feel gooooood cause I beat Linden to a FTF this morning O0:laugh::angel:

Just watch him use the excuse about stopping for gas.  :D

Posted · Report post

The results are in for the month of January

With about 150 caches placed by the Houston area cachers (55-60 miles), January was a busy month for the FTF Hounds.  Does not include any subscribers only caches.

OHL HOCKEY GUY lead the group with 16 FTS based on all the caches placed in his area

MAGGIEB was able to score 14 FTFs around town

MEDTEXPLACER came in with 13 FTFs

CHANCE ENCOUNTER had 11 FTF (one of which was his 900th find)

MUDDY BUDDIES logged in 10 FTFs

LOVE2FLY with 6 FTFs

LJTXHIKER with 6 FTFs also

HOUSTONCONTROL had 6 also

MAES reported 5 FTFs including their 200th find and their 1st FTF

PARKERPLUS was able to score 4 FTFs

THEMELMAN logged 4 FTFs also

ATTICRAT had 4 FTFs in one week

THE POPETEERS reported 4 also

RED EYE REBELS came in with 3 FTFs

THE HAZEL NUTS  had 3 also

TEXASDREAMWEAVER logged in 3 FTFs  including his first one

JUST PASSIN BY had 3 FTFs also

Logging in two FTFs or less were   DREAMCACHERS;  PEPPER;  TEAM TROGLODYTE;  TX4GOOD;  SKAMMER;  CLAYJ;  COPPERFILED ROSE;  CMAREK;  MUSTARD DEVIL;  WILD CAT BUD;  LONESTAR1969;  GRANGERFAM;  PAPPY'S POSSE;  WTT-B2;  ONE STEP CLOSER;  WE BE HIKIN';  EBandM;  PIMAN314;  SOONER22;  DUTCHSAIL;  MUNKIEBREAD;  BOBISCULOUS;  WEEKENDWARRIOR1;  ZZZWOOT;  WOOLYBUGER;  ATKIKER9;  RETIRED;  newcomer CLIFANDKATIE with thier 1st one;  DJRUBEN (their first one);  EGSG;  PETTYATIS;  ATMA;  THOT;  TSBAND;  HUMMER DUDE;  JARIHEND;  THE HELLO KITTY;  THE SUPER STOUTS;  and  JFOX100.  Added FULL HOUSE 5 (Missed him some how)

Lot of work to grab a FTF

Posted · Report post

I am amazed I had 3, I was thinking this would be a month with none.  Thanks though Parker, for reminding me.  Congrats to all of those who had a stellar month, there are quite a few new FTF hounds at the top of that list.  Thanks again Parker for the stats.  I remember when caches were erupting on the northside like they are in the south now :'(

Posted · Report post

The FULL HOUSE 5 also had two FTF's, already matching their record for last year!  :laugh:

Posted · Report post

It looks like you guys have really been turning up the heat, GOOd JOB.  Careful with this game though, others will tell you it can become addictive, and not always positively so..... ;)

Posted · Report post

I could not believe the elation in both of us on having our very 1st FTF.  We thank mtp for a fine What's the Point hide to make that FTF.  Thanks to GrangerFam for releasing 3 at once so that we could get them all in the same night.  That said, somehow we enjoy even more the pursuit of the tough ones that keep eluding us.  I swear as soon as it gets a little dry, we will bushwack away with powerful lights find that Hessian cache that eluded us this week.  That would be as satisfying as a FTF now.

Posted · Report post

Hmmmm, by my count, I had 8 FTF's in January.  Of course, one of them was in Blanco, which probably fell outside of the survey area. :)

Posted · Report post

Hmmmm, by my count, I had 8 FTF's in January.  Of course, one of them was in Blanco, which probably fell outside of the survey area. :)

So what exactly did you find inside skammer's cache hound?  :D

Posted · Report post

...there were 26 slightly chewed travel bugs, and a rubber button that looked like it came off of an Etrex  ;)

Posted · Report post

Recently there have been a few "triangle" puzzle caches posted.  I just posted one for review that will probably  become a triangle puzzle.  It is a simple single waypoint micro located in the center of a triangle bounded by mtp's Meadows, MaggieB's beloved Bellaire triangle, and Tex_Secty's old digs.  The puzzle is this: given a simple lunchtime hide with that triangle, who will be the FTF.  Enjoy when it comes up!  O0

Posted · Report post

:D Looks like the triangle race went to the early riser not the nearby..  Our "BD" cache was approved in what I consider record time of 4 hours after I submitted it.  GrangerFam got up early and beat out MaggieB and mtp simply by leaving earlier.  Thanks guys for your hunt of our latest cache.   O0