Sign in to follow this  
Red Eye Rebels

Impromptu Event this weekend

I have a large banner I can bring, it's been around for a long time and lots of geocachers have signed it!  I'll get it ironed up and looken' spiffy for the event.  I will also bring a sharpie so it can have some Texan geocachers signatures.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?IID=6d25788e-116f-4902-8667-682e5c39c351&LID=409239 .

see y'all there!

Pepper

;D I'm up and dizzy with excitement!  My plan is it cache the area until it's time to show up for the Impromptu Event.  I've got the iPAQ and the Color loaded with waypoints AND AND AND it's COOL out side<sigh> I've been waiting a long hot summer for this day.  Fixen' to get dressed, load the car and hit the road after another cup of coffee of course.  I've got the sign and stuff to hang it with along with a surprise for the five secret hunters. :)

Pepper

Hey Pepper I will be in the area of the park to moniter the amount of people going in and out and do some prework.  Stop by if you want while your about caching, I am planning on getting there not long after the park opens.  Glad to hear your excited, and thanks again for bringing the banner.  See you there.

I have a large banner I can bring, it's been around for a long time and lots of geocachers have signed it!  I'll get it ironed up and looken' spiffy for the event.  I will also bring a sharpie so it can have some Texan geocachers signatures.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?IID=6d25788e-116f-4902-8667-682e5c39c351&LID=409239 .

see y'all there!

Pepper

I'm lookin foreword to checkin' out that banner! O0

[move]EVERYONE BRING YOUR TRAVEL BUGS![/move]

I have quite a few leftover to trade since the summer celebration got canceled.

Sam has a banner. I think Mudfrog had it on loan though.. Not sure if he returned it or not before Rita. Alternatively we could park Snoogans kinda out front by the road. He makes a great landmark.  :)

HEY! I resemble that landmark, ummmm, I mean remark. :D

see y'all there!

Pepper

I'm lookin foreword to checkin' out that banner! O0

Me too  :)

i'll be at psychomidget's football game when you guys first get together.  and i'm just remotely tempted to go for some caches in that area before i get there but i'd really rather just hang out with you guys!

for an "impromptu" gathering, looks like lots of folks have put a lot of work into this event!

can't wait to see everybody.

:D  :D  :D Just one word...  FANTASTIC. I had a great time. Thank you 5SH and RER for putting this together. I had a great time. Found some caches, talked caching (which my kids are TIRED of hearing...  ;) ) and met some MORE great people. Thank you, Thank you so much.

gsguru AKA Diane

It was great seeing Sam. Hope he took pics back to Fran. We really missed her.

Thanks so much to RER and 5SH for puttin this thing together. I had a GREAT TIME...enjoyed sharing stories, finding caches with the girls, and generally gettin together. I was so glad to see Sam come out too....was sorry I didn't get to say "so long" to him, I was out cachin with da girls, Maggie B, TKTrekker, and Pepper!

Thanks again for puttin together this impromptu event....lets do it again....how bout next weekend for the FCL!

Thanks so much to RER and 5SH for puttin this thing together. I had a GREAT TIME...enjoyed sharing stories, finding caches with the girls, and generally gettin together. I was so glad to see Sam come out too....was sorry I didn't get to say "so long" to him, I was out cachin with da girls, Maggie B, Pepper, TKTrekker, and Pepper!

Thanks again for puttin together this impromptu event....lets do it again....how bout next weekend for the FCL!

How many Pepper's are there?

:D......I just want to say we in no way expected the turnout today when we posted this event.  It just goes to show you what caliber people we have in the SETX community.  I had an absolute blast meeting the cachers I had never met before, as well as an awesome time hanging out with old friends.  We need to do this way more often.  Caching is about people first and caches second, without our combined efforts we'd all be looking for alot of nothing.  There wasn't all that much to planning this and anyone can do it....honestly all the participants do most of the work.  I want to say a big THANKS to Pepper for all her awesome support and for bringing her flag along as a beacon to everyone who came.  If we'd had to put the Snoogster out by the street we couldn't have hung out with him, and what's a party without Snoogans....well lets just say we'd all be Snoogasmless.  I enjoyed hanging out with MaggieB as always, and I enjoyed meeting Mustard Devil.  It's great to see cachers who have been around forever and still keep it up.  It was great to meet Sam of usmorrows, though I wish Frances could have been there.  It was good to hear from Sam some encouraging news about her progress, we'll all continue praying for her recovery.  So many great people and so little room to type, I enjoyed every single person who came.  I only feel sorry for those who missed out, what a loss. Thanks Ivan Tofindit for taking time out of your caching day to come hang with us, and to Pappy'sPosse, we didn't think you'd  make it.  Thanks again go to everyone for making this such an awesome event.  I hope to see some of you at the event later this month "One of the Spooky Nights", and others next week at the FCL trip.  I'll also be doing my best to make it to the Thanksgiving Geocache Style next month.  From talking to Tx Secsy, its sounds like it has the makings of an awesome event.  OH, and the biggest THANKYOU of all goes to Geek-Qualizer for getting this website together and for coming to the event as well.  Without this HGCS website it would have been near impossible to get the word out about this last minute event, and all get together for a great time.  Thankyou GQ for bringing us all together online, and doing such an awesome job maintaining the site.  I hope to see you all out on the trails. O0

I knew I was missing Houston and my friends pretty bad and attending the event today really reminded me just how bad I miss my Houston caching family. 

Today was a blast getting to see everyone and meeting new faces. The conversation was great, got to Grab a couple of caches with tx_secsy, MaggiB, Pepper,  learning how to use GSAK a little better and Street and Maps, thank you Love to Fly.  Abbe & Hershey got to see and play with Cujo and Winston.  Snoogins  well....."Snoogins"  says it all.  Even the end the day by placing a cache out on HWY 36 in Abbe Rest Stop series. 

Thank you to 5SH and RER for all your hard work in putting this Impromptu Event together so quickly you did an outstanding job.  See everyone soon at an upcoming event 

Thanks so much to RER and 5SH for puttin this thing together. I had a GREAT TIME...enjoyed sharing stories, finding caches with the girls, and generally gettin together. I was so glad to see Sam come out too....was sorry I didn't get to say "so long" to him, I was out cachin with da girls, Maggie B, Pepper, TKTrekker, and Pepper!

How many Pepper's are there?

:D After meeting her today...I'm POSITIVE there's only ONE Pepper!

i have to add my thanks, too, RER & 5SH!  you guys are awesome!  i loved sharing stories with everyone and listening to the many adventures.  we had the perfect day AND the perfect location, didn't we?  thanks for working out those details as well.

i also very much enjoyed meeting 3 of the 4 secret hunters who are not totally addicted to geocaching  -  yet.  what a fun family. i love meeting folks that i've heard so much about alrready!  now i just have to meet number five and thank him on behalf of psychomidget for the spidey ball.

the "ladies only" cache hunt was also very entertaining.  i wish the rest of you could have heard the non-stop conversation on the way to the cache.  "g-sak! no, no, no.  i don't do NEW technology!"

RER is right...geocaching is all about people first. and we are a community with a common interest, yes, but also a community that cares about its members.

thanks, sam, for coming out and catching us up on frances' progress.  i hope we all keep her, and you, in our prayers.

i don't know about the rest of you but i had a big smiley on my face all day yesterday just because of this event and it's still here today.

thanks, again 5SH and RER - you two are something else!

now what's gonna happen with those cards we picked out...........?

You South East Texas folks really do ROCK!

Oh my gosh I had such a good time.  Yee-Haw Pepper got out of the house and it was a no holes bared cachen’, visiten’, and tell stories kind of day.  5SH and RER thanks so much for putting together the event in my eyes it was a success ya done good young men. 

Let’s see a few thoughts that come to mind:

That sure was some murky water you folks were drinking in those water bottles? hehehe

>:D among us

That running man from Sugarland is sure a nice guy

Sam (cool dude)!!! Hmmm…no Frances how sad.

An all girl cache hunt gotta love it!

Admitting to being lost stories, we should have a thread here to share more of those stores there funny!

Cute 16 year old you got there Boson.

Big dogs and little dogs

Lots of Texas cacher signatures

Many found caches and a few not found caches

Jason…super job on the site thanks for this it’s brings us together every day.

GREAT DAY!!!

Now I have another caching day planed in Pasadena…my twins are over there I must cache my way to pick them up, oh and cache my way back home. :)

Oh and I forgot to thank Mother Nature for making it all possible.

Looking forward to the next event and visiting again with all you wonderful folks!

Pepper

That was great. I get soooo event starved. I was even AT an event last weekend, in Austin, but I could only stay about 20 minutes before I had to head home to Houston.

We should tryyyy to have these things more often. Yesterday just proved that you don't need to spend a bunch of money and make a whole lot of plans to get a pretty good group together.

This is the 3rd unofficial event that I have attended and the second since the stupid guideline for posting events changed. I have been to several official GC.com events where less than 6 people showed up. Those events were still good, but I think we proved that there needs to be some slack given to areas with large, active, geocaching communities. It's only fair.

Thanks for getting this together 5SH & RER!!!!

It isnt the caches I've found or the places I've been to geocaching that I enjoy the most about our favourite obsession. Its the friends I've made along the way and yesterday proved it :D

Had a great time visiting with all of you that made it and the new friends I met yesterday!

Was great seeing Sam too!

A BIG thanks to RER and FSH for this impromtu event :D

BTW did we ever figure out who Neumann really is? >:D