Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Posting events to the calendar

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

If you are posting/announcing an event and wish it to appear on the calendar you can do  so by selecting the calendar and clicking the "Post Event" button or clicking a date number. This will open a new topic message box with a date field. If you've already posted a topic in the Events category announcing an event you can view this topic and select the "Link to Calendar" button.

Note: You can view and post events, you can only edit your own.

As of 10/03/05 I've linked all posted events to the calendar.

Initially I thought everyone had permissions to post events to the calendar, however that was not the case. Its fixed now.

Posted · Report post

Ohh, now I know how to avoid that duplicate problem--sorry Jason--blonde moment! lol

Posted · Report post

She gets it!   .... 3-1/2 years later.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Actually I still dont get it as I went back and looked and BOTH posts have 'link to calendar' at bottom as if neither is, but one was done on events forum the other on the calendar directly.

Beats me with a wet noodle!  :police:

Posted · Report post

When you post the event on the forum, you can then click on the Link to Calendar at the bottom of the page, which will let you choose the date to put the calendar link into.

Posted · Report post

We are still struggling to get an event to show up under Upcoming Calendar events. Cachin shark has posted it on the community calendar and started a thread under events, but neither has added onto the calendar and event list on the homepage. What are we doing wrong?

Posted · Report post

We are still struggling to get an event to show up under Upcoming Calendar events. Cachin shark has posted it on the community calendar and started a thread under events, but neither has added onto the calendar and event list on the homepage. What are we doing wrong?

Sounds like someone needs to Air a Grievance! Happy Festivus everyone!

Posted · Report post

Sounds like someone needs to Air a Grievance! Happy Festivus everyone!

Wrong thread, math teacher. Points off for not reading through the problem, but I like your conclusion. Happy Festivus indeed!

Posted · Report post

Make sure the timezone is set correctly in your profile but posting an event.

Posted · Report post

I guess I am the only one who wonders if there is an event close by the day it happens, if I didn't previously note it, so for all you confused folks (like me), I added my 2 events for May on the calendar.  May 19th.

Posted · Report post

I just added Tool Belt Check to the calender.

thanks BB!  i tried about a week or so ago and it kept kicking me out. 

Posted · Report post

The calendar is being updated 2X a week, so it should be fairly current.