What would you like to do/see at events  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to do/see at events

• A presentation on geo-tools
    • Just hang out and tell stories
    • Eat, drink and be merry
    • Pick on Snoogans
    • Night caching

I think this subject has been approached somewhat, but what would people like at events?

Do ya want to have a presenter? Could you feel comfortable presenting? What kind of presentation would you like to see?

Would you rather just sit around, do some caching, tell stories?

Do you like caching games i.e. poker run, etc

Does there need to be a theme or is just getting together enough?

Any of your own ideas?

Tx_secsy forgot to mention in her log the reason she was asking the question about what you want to do at an event.  The Muddy Buddies and Tx_secsy are planning to host an event on Sunday, Nov. 13.  Team Texas Flash plans to present the Geo-Opoly awards at the event during the afternoon.  I have made the reservations for Bear Creek Park for afternoon and evening, but that's about as far with the planning that we've gotten other than to discuss a geocaching game that tx_secsy and hubby have come up with.  One thing that may be different from some of our events is that we will not be allowed alcohol because to be allowed alcohol would require a peace officer at $25/hour with a minimum of 4 hours.  That becomes too expensive for an event.  Please don't anyone shoot me for this decision.  We hope that everyone will come and hang out with us and enjoy the fun.  I can't wait to get together with everyone again.

We can use your suggestions for the event activities, and hopefullly, the suggestions will benefit others in later months willing to host other events.  Tx_secsy and the Muddy Buddies will start the planning together after the Muddy Buddies get back from Georgia in a week.  I just wanted to get the date out there so everyone can put it on their calendars. 

What? You guys have been picking on me all this time. :'( I thought you were worshiping me.... Time to up the medication....  ;D

But seriously, I just want to hang out. Notice I don't participate in most of the "runaround crap" save the occasional night cache.

I could care less about prizes or decorations. I just wanna drink some Soylent Green, watch people dote on my dog(s), listen to some stories, tell some stories, initiate some new cachers to our particular kind of S.E. Texas madness, and most of all camp. If Mark Chance is there, get him to tell the Roy D. Mercer story.

Food is nice, but I can bring my own and a little extra. A big spread is not needed.

I also like to pick on Chicken for not having any sweat glands to speak of... ;) And speak in "Banana Hammock" language to Michelle. (Cherokee Cachers)

If there are horses nearby, I like to "Moo" at them just to see the shocked expressions on their faces.

I generally like to sit around and listen to stories until wee hours of the night. Night caching in a group is also a ton of fun. I generally don't participate in the raffles, or games with prizes as I'm not very good at receiving things. However everybody is a little different and I'm sure their reasons for attending events vary..

I just enjoy talking with old and new friends.  I enjoy a good BBQ.  I can bring my old steaks or burgers or hot dogs.  A game is alright with me but sometimes I will participate and other times I just hang out.  I am not miuch of a camper since I don't own a tent and any camping equipment.  I typically camp out in a hotel but this hampers my night caching.  I enjoy the thrill of the night cache and it is more fun as a group.

Well let’s see now I enjoy milling about from chair to chair talking and sharing stories.  That presents a problem cause all my stories are from another state and I don’t think y’all would be interested?  I would on the other hand love to participate in the “lets pick on Snoogans” it don’t matter where ya come from anybody can that Right?  I’m a non-drinker so the no alcohol does not bother me one bit.  Night caching is good, any caching is good, I wanna cache, I’m having cache withdrawal, when is it gonna cool off so Pepper can cache and enjoy it?  Oops sorry about the caching tangent  I am a people person too so an event doing anything sounds good right about now.  I wanna come out and play too!

Pepper

I'm definitely in the same boat as most others.  A group night cache sounds like fun but I seriously enjoy just getting to know people (I know I don't know too many of you yet) and hear the funny stories.  A few cache recommendations would be nice and food is always good.  I too am a non-drinker (aside from Dr. Pepper) so that is not a factor.  My kids are itching to meet some of the famous names we see so they will probably come along too.

While I love caching, for me things have a changed a bit since moving so hangin out and seeing friends and making new one is first and foremost on my list.  The rest is all second, the camping,the food, the drinks, listening to the stories and the caching is all great.  Its like the cherry on top of the sunday, it tops off the weekend.  Without at least parts of it, it wouldn't be an event.  ;) 

Well let’s see now I enjoy milling about from chair to chair talking and sharing stories.  That presents a problem cause all my stories are from another state and I don’t think y’all would be interested?  I would on the other hand love to participate in the “lets pick on Snoogans” it don’t matter where ya come from anybody can that Right?  I’m a non-drinker so the no alcohol does not bother me one bit.  Night caching is good, any caching is good, I wanna cache, I’m having cache withdrawal, when is it gonna cool off so Pepper can cache and enjoy it?  Oops sorry about the caching tangent  I am a people person too so an event doing anything sounds good right about now.  I wanna come out and play too!

Pepper

Poor Pepper :(. It should cool off soon. I think it'll be really nice the weekend of our hike, Oct 15, and by November it'll be perfect.