Longest since last find

1,325 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

How did  Row versus Wade (or possibly Deliverance?) get dropped off the list? :-\ :'(

It was last found on 12/31/2005. Only a handful of folks have had the stones to attempt it. ;D;)???::):P

It got left off of the list because it is 118ish miles from downtown.  This is way outside of the 50 mile from downtown boundary for this list. 

Posted · Report post

Wow, that sounds like an incredibly difficult trek to get out there to that cache!

Not for me. ;)

But some other folks thought they could make a shortcut to the cache. They made a BIG mistake!

Posted · Report post

November Update:

Since the last update, 1 cache on the list was found, 2 were disabled/archived, and 4 were added to the list.  As of October 31st, there were 41 active caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over 12 months.  They are:

Trog's Travels GCGY0H - last found on 1/4/06 by JimmyEv.

ANCITW #5 GCND8M - last found on 1/14/06 by PPRubens.

Far Side GCM9JV - last found on 2/5/06 by GrangerFam.

Four Wheel Power GC5D16 - last found on 2/5/06 by tplasek.

Rustic Country Home GCP90Y - last found on 2/12/06 by bilster.

Rocks for Rhonda GCHTQG - last found on 3/4/06 by Smukke.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #1 GCPFDA - last found on 3/5/06 by The Popeteers and Big Steve's Crew, with 2 DNF's since.

Cypress Outlook GCNMRY - last found on 3/25/06 by Tx_Secsy & Jeff, with two DNF's since.

Snoogan's Snug'uns GCMP0E - last found on 4/1/06 by PPRubens with 4 DNF's since.  I recently talked to the cache owner who assures me that this cache is still in place.

Foster Went to School GCQ51K last found on 4/9/06 by brucelg with 2 DNF's since.

The Adventures of 1Geocacher GCJY6B last found on 4/16/06 by Pepper.

Moving Coordinates GCMBKT - last found 5/7/06 by skammer.

Fore!.... Sort of GCJ77P - last found 5/7/06 by GrangerFam.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #10 GCPFDQ - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #9 GCPFDP - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #5 GCPFDG - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #6 GCPFDH - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #8 GCPFDN - last found on 5/11/06 by Big Steve's Crew and the Popeteers.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #7 GCPFDJ - last found on 5/12/06 by firefly101.

Swamp Treasure GCT8JV - last found 5/21/06 by Monkey's Uncle.

raising the dead GCM0VA - last found on 5/24/06 by bfde5a.

Mlaapum mlaapum to GCG8R1 - last found on 6/2/06 by Sadinga with four DNF's since.  This one is most likely missing.

Hole in One GCQBY6 - last found on 6/9/06 by protoman21 with five DNF's since.  Looks like this one is a goner.

Sidney Sherman GCM7YT - last found on 6/16/06 by sharpbiker with two DNF's since.

Magnolia Tree GC1A61 - last found on 6/17/06 by Taco Supreme with three DNF's since.

Pearl Lake GCJ4PC - last found on 7/3/06 by GrangerFam.

Boggy Bayou Basin GCKAGH - last found on 7/8/06 by GrangerFam.

Jack's Pocket Cache (aka Mudfrog's Nemesis) GCGQPM - last found on 8/6/06 by ComicBookCacher.  This cache has had exactly 2 finds in the 4 years since it has been placed.  Mudfrog reports that it may be missing.

Trees of Oak Lake GCRRVM - last found on 9/2/06 by nitemonster.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #2 GCPFDB - last found on 9/3/06 by KingwoodGeo.

Doggie Paddle Island GCNRM1 - last found on 9/3/06 by KingwoodGeo.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #4 GCPFDE - last found on 9/9/06 by Jarihend.

Little Johnny's Sight GCT47K - last found on 9/10/06 by Muddy Buddies.

Italian Tower GCPE8P - last found on 9/15/06 by CachedCzechs.

East Texas' Hardest Mystery CacheGCNP2K - last found on 9/16/06 by the Muddy Buddies as part of the "Wild Hanlon" solve team.  With the progress the current team is making, it may never be found again!  :D

Cypress Creek Walk #4 GCG4YZ - last found on 9/17/06 by kokopellitoki and cpadgett13.

Keep It Constant GCTP04 - last found on 9/28/06 by HoustonControl with six DNF's since.  Guess I hid it back too well!

The Adventure's Mysterious Treasue Cache GCV7MM - last found on 10/7/06 by whippettx.

Timbergrove Manor GCRWDF - last found on 10/15/06 with 3 DNF's since.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #3 GCPFDC - last found on 10/24/06 by Kingwood Pathfinder.

BELLAIRE CHRISTMAS CACHE GCHDPJ - last found on 10/29/06 by stcymcc with 4 DNF's since.

Now off the list:

Fear and Caching in Las Vegas GCJCE1 - was found on October 28th by fendmar and whippettx after a 13 month dry spell.  Way to go!

Other changes since the last update:

Damage Control GCR827 has been archived.

Enchanted Devonshire Woods Walk GCH63P has been archived.

Now get out there and find those caches.! O0

Posted · Report post

Damage Control was recently archived due to construction.

Posted · Report post

Damage Control was recently archived due to construction.

You're right,  I missed that somehow (the list is getting too big!)  Report corrected.

Posted · Report post

HC, please remove Moving Coordinates (GCMBKT) from the list!  O0

The money log!

Interesting log.  The posted coors are withing 2 miles of the cache, right?

Posted · Report post

Looks like about 1.5 miles ..or so...

Obtaining the coords was easier than we thought....

..except..

their exact location is still a mystery.

If we say how we got them it would spoil the fun and challenge.

Posted · Report post

it's been 8 months since someone found Bosun stash...

Posted · Report post

December Update:

Since the last update, 3 caches on the list were found, 10 were archived, and 3 more were added to the list.  As of November 30th, there were 31 active caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over 12 months.  They are:

• Trog's Travels GCGY0H - last found on 1/4/06 by JimmyEv.
  • ANCITW #5 GCND8M - last found on 1/14/06 by PPRubens.
  • Far Side GCM9JV - last found on 2/5/06 by GrangerFam.
  • Four Wheel Power GC5D16 - last found on 2/5/06 by tplasek.
  • Rustic Country Home GCP90Y - last found on 2/12/06 by bilster.
  • Cypress Outlook GCNMRY - last found on 3/25/06 by Tx_Secsy & Jeff, with two DNF's since.
  • Snoogan's Snug'uns GCMP0E - last found on 4/1/06 by PPRubens with 4 DNF's since.  I recently talked to the cache owner who assures me that this cache is still in place.
  • Foster Went to School GCQ51K last found on 4/9/06 by brucelg with 2 DNF's since.
  • The Adventures of 1Geocacher GCJY6B last found on 4/16/06 by Pepper.
  • Swamp Treasure GCT8JV - last found 5/21/06 by Monkey's Uncle.
  • raising the dead GCM0VA - last found on 5/24/06 by bfde5a.
  • Mlaapum mlaapum to GCG8R1 - last found on 6/2/06 by Sadinga with four DNF's since.  This one is most likely missing.
  • Hole in One GCQBY6 - last found on 6/9/06 by protoman21 with five DNF's since.  Looks like this one is a goner.
  • Sidney Sherman GCM7YT - last found on 6/16/06 by sharpbiker with two DNF's since.
  • Magnolia Tree GC1A61 - last found on 6/17/06 by Taco Supreme with three DNF's since.
  • Pearl Lake GCJ4PC - last found on 7/3/06 by GrangerFam.
  • Boggy Bayou Basin GCKAGH - last found on 7/8/06 by GrangerFam.
  • Jack's Pocket Cache (aka Mudfrog's Nemesis) GCGQPM - last found on 8/6/06 by ComicBookCacher.  This cache has had exactly 2 finds in the 4 years since it has been placed.  Mudfrog reports that it may be missing.
  • Trees of Oak Lake GCRRVM - last found on 9/2/06 by nitemonster.
  • Doggie Paddle Island GCNRM1 - last found on 9/3/06 by KingwoodGeo.
  • Little Johnny's Sight GCT47K - last found on 9/10/06 by Muddy Buddies.
  • Italian Tower GCPE8P - last found on 9/15/06 by CachedCzechs.
  • East Texas' Hardest Mystery CacheGCNP2K - last found on 9/16/06 by the Muddy Buddies as part of the "Wild Hanlon" solve team.  With the progress the current team is making, it may never be found again!  :D
  • Cypress Creek Walk #4 GCG4YZ - last found on 9/17/06 by kokopellitoki and cpadgett13.
  • Keep It Constant GCTP04 - last found on 9/28/06 by HoustonControl with six DNF's since.  Guess I hid it back too well!
  • The Adventure's Mysterious Treasue Cache GCV7MM - last found on 10/7/06 by whippettx.
  • Timbergrove Manor GCRWDF - last found on 10/15/06 with 3 DNF's since.
  • BELLAIRE CHRISTMAS CACHE GCHDPJ - last found on 10/29/06 by stcymcc with 4 DNF's since.
  • King Kong Lives! GCTMBR - last found on 11/18/06 by Team Blacklist.
  • Consider the Source GCA750 - was last found on 11/22/06 by txsweetie with one DNF since.
  • The Bitter End GCHGY7 - was last found on 11/26/06 by MAES with one DNF since.

Now off the list:

• Rocks for Rhonda GCHTQG was found on November 20th by Pappy'sPosse after a 19 month lull.  Good Job, PP!
  • Moving Coordinates GCMBKT was found on November 7th by Pappy'sPosse and OneStepCloser.  It hadn't been found in 18 months.  Woo Hoo!!!
  • Fore!.... Sort of GCJ77P was found on November 15th by Kirbydox after an 18 month span of no finds.  Way to go!

Other changes since the last update:

Lake Houston PWC Tour #1 GCPFDA was archived.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #2 GCPFDB was archived.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #3 GCPFDC was archived.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #4 GCPFDE was archived.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #5 GCPFDG was archived.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #6 GCPFDH was archived.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #7 GCPFDJ was archived.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #8 GCPFDN was archived.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #9 GCPFDP was archived.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #10 GCPFDQ was archived.

Hey, as many caches came off the list as went on this month, not counting the ones that were archived!  We're making some progress!  O0

Here is a link to the GPX file of the long-unfound caches

Posted · Report post

East Texas' Hardest Mystery CacheGCNP2K - last found on 9/16/06 by the Muddy Buddies as part of the "Wild Hanlon" solve team.  With the progress the current team is making, it may never be found again!  :D

Hey...I resemble that remark ! >:(

Posted · Report post

Ha Ha Ha  ;D

Posted · Report post

HC

Have you thought about posting a gpx file containing the list?

Posted · Report post

Ha Ha Ha   ;D

I just hate being "Last to Find".  Come on you guys, get out there are figure out the mystery.

Posted · Report post

The moving cordinates TB is now MIA, unless OSC has yet to log it?? I thought from my research folks were leaving it in the cache it was in, but it's not there now. Any ideas? Had it on my watch list. Was out there and ran into the Mr or GraingerFam who was also looking for it and let me know it was MIA.  ??

Zephyr

Posted · Report post

The moving cordinates TB is now MIA, unless OSC has yet to log it?? I thought from my research folks were leaving it in the cache it was in, but it's not there now. Any ideas? Had it on my watch list. Was out there and ran into the Mr or GraingerFam who was also looking for it and let me know it was MIA.  ??

Zephyr

What is the moving coordinates TB and how is it connected to the list of long unfound caches?

Posted · Report post

HC

Where would I post the file?

Posted · Report post

For the record:  The bug called "The Coordinates" is missing from the cache it's supposed to be in down in Brazos Bend.  GrangerFam went down there and confirmed that. 

We e-mailed LostGuys a couple months ago when we first saw the bug missing saying we were going down there to get the TB so we can do the cache called "Moving Coordinates" which is what the bug is based on but that we were concerned about going all that way if it was gone. (That cache had been on our front page since we started.)

LostGuys only reply to us was to give us the coordinates for the cache location.  Nothing else, no other words, no concern, no expression of curiosity, nothing.

We do not have the bug.  It's too bad it's gone.

We didn't know (and didn't ask) LostGuys if he thought it was ok to give out the final because it isn't our cache.  We were hoping he'd put out a replacement bug so others may find the cache.  Maybe we'll ask him for the bug number so we can do it.

We haven't discussed amongst ourselves whether we should offer to adopt this one or not.

It's a cache that would be a little rough to get to.  It's a little challenging because of where it is located and that's enough to say about it without giving too much away.

We would be happy to discuss the situation privately.  :)

Posted · Report post

HC

Where would I post the file?

Post it as an attachment uner "Additional Options"  O0

Posted · Report post

I missed one:

King Kong Lives! GCTMBR - last found on 11/18/06 by Team Blacklist.

The report has been updated. 

I added the GPX file of the caches:

[House cleaning - attachment deleted by admin]

Posted · Report post

The money log!

It was a reply to this, but I forgot to quote..sorry in a hurry...also noted it just cuz I was out lookin for it recently.  O0

Posted · Report post

The money log!

It was a reply to this, but I forgot to quote..sorry in a hurry...also noted it just cuz I was out lookin for it recently.  O0

I didn't make the connection because I didn't know how the cache worked.  Now I do!

Posted · Report post

I found The Adventures of 1Geocacher 12/5.  O0 O0  It had been muggled.  >:(  usmorrows confirmed my find and slightly repositioned the final. If you are working on this you should make note of the revised instructions for the final cache posted at the top of the cache description. I hope someone will fill me in on the details of the story. I know some of the local cachers and locations are featured. This one is great fun well deserving of the accolades.

Posted · Report post

I found The Adventures of 1Geocacher 12/5.  O0 O0  It had been muggled.  >:(  usmorrows confirmed my find and slightly repositioned the final. If you are working on this you should make note of the revised instructions for the final cache posted at the top of the cache description. I hope someone will fill me in on the details of the story. I know some of the local cachers and locations are featured. This one is great fun well deserving of the accolades.

Congrats on the find of one great cache.