ohl hockey guy

Longest since last find

1,361 posts in this topic

Thanks HC for generating the list.

For some reason this cache should not be on the list since I found it in December

GCWLGBP: Road Trip! GC2HBVZ - was last found on 9/29/12 by Eagles1181.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right -- it's been fixed.  Not sure how I missed that one.  Probably something to do with the 100+ caches to wade through every month. :angel:

I noticed there are a bunch of caches with the word "Ninja" in the title on the list now.  I guess we're running low on ninjas to go find them... :2funny:

Baytown Bert and Dhaulaghiri like this

Thanks HC for generating the list.

For some reason this cache should not be on the list since I found it in December

GCWLGBP: Road Trip! GC2HBVZ - was last found on 9/29/12 by Eagles1181.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right -- it's been fixed.  Not sure how I missed that one.  Probably something to do with the 100+ caches to wade through every month. :angel:

I noticed there are a bunch of caches with the word "Ninja" in the title on the list now.  I guess we're running low on ninjas to go find them... :2funny:

I thought you had an automated procedure that you ran to generate the list. But I suspected there was some "hands on" work involved.

I thought you had an automated procedure that you ran to generate the list....

I wish. It's pretty much all manual and takes 2-3 hours each month. I'm thinking of going to a list of caches that haven't been found in 3 years and expanding the radius.

Slavonic Dances (GCN8XR) has been found. There with amberita13 and Rambetta. It was just sitting there after three and a half years. Not disturbed a bit. Tons of cool swag. Not a drop of water inside. It was just waiting and seemed relieved to see us.

Edited by yoraffetto
CANINE QUEEN, Dhaulaghiri and 2katz like this

Slavonic Dances has been on my to do list for a long time, problem is I can't even get started on solving it.  That music sheet just stares me in the face and laughs at me...

According to Ninja history, one mission accomplished and they kill themselves.  That's one reason I am a Black Belt Karateka and not a Ninja.  :knuppel2:

June Update: Since the last update, 8 caches on the list were found, 13 were disabled or archived, and 25 more were added to the list. As of May 31st there were 119 active caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over two years. They are:

• East Texas’ Hardest Mystery Cache GCNP2K - was last found on 03/19/10 by ggmorton and cachestacker.
  • GCWLGBP: Night Time Ninja Aptitude #10 GC2P4MQ - was last found on 11/18/11 by Benttandem with one DNF since.
  • Leaf Me Alone GC1NDH1 - was last found on 11/25/11 by Raindrops88, with three DNF's since.
  • FTFC #74---Does Not Compute GC26NNT - was last found on 12/10/11 by cachestacker with one DNF since.
  • Highland Woods #4 GC3A0NA - was last found on 1/31/12 by rambetta & trea.
  • Double Trouble GC3CCNQ - was last found on 4/4/12 by davarle and criffree with two DNF since.
  • NinjaKurt's First Puzzle GC3GCPC - was last found on 4/13/12 by criffree and FamilieRyan with one DNF since.
  • Chopped... GC189K6 - was last found on 4/22/12 by Log Dawgs, criffree and SeekerOfSeasons.
  • Gilligan's Island: Finding the S.S. Minnow GC1MF25 - was last found on 5/30/12 by TexasWriter.
  • FTFC #96 There's a Giant Lettuce Behind Me GC379NY - was last found on 6/3/12 by Muddy Buddies.
  • FTFC #70 A Holiday Cache GC21EKT - was last found on 6/3/12 by Muddy Buddies.
  • piccoli corteccia GC2KZ4G - was last found on 6/16/12 by TXWHITEY with two DNF's since.
  • SW 4 - High Plains Cacher GC227AX - was last found on 7/8/12 by rocky4.
  • Billy Goat's Gruff GC2Z86N - was last found on 7/11/12 by empressone, PAgirlinTX and pyrosmiley with one DNF since.
  • Danger Island GC1EV7K - was last found on 7/21/12 by Mudfrog.
  • FTFC #61 Food For Thought GC1MRKT - was last found on 8/3/12 by LogDawgs.
  • Trees, Levy's, and RiverStone GC2MW3H - was last found on 8/4/12 by TAZ427 with two DNF's since.
  • Soda Tube Trials #6: Water Walking GC25CXG - was last found on 8/4/12 by Kirbydox and Rich&Lola with one DNF since.
  • 30 Day Caching Challenge GC3AP8J - was last found on 8/5/12 by BulldogBlitz, with one DNF since. This is a tough challenge cache where several people have signed the log recently, but can't yet claim a "find".
  • Suburban Offrode Caching #4 GC3P74V - was last found on 8/17/12 by Indy! with two DNF's since.
  • Chasing a Night Time Ninja GC2TJF4 - was last found on 9/8/12 by TAZ427 and TeamPoliceBike36 with one DNF since.
  • Devil's Crotch GC34PJK - was last found on 9/18/12 by hfd2722.
  • Chris' 50th Birthday GC259KC - was last found on 9/23/12 by zedlitz with two DNF's since.
  • FTFC #92: You Will Be Assimilated! GC30C6Z - was last found on 10/1/12 by Benttandem with one DNF since.
  • Jeans Glade GC388FE - was last found on 10/3/12 by rambetta and trea.
  • "Tour of Champions #1" GCNKEE - was last found on 10/21/12 by mighty felix.
  • Shipbuilding GC2W7N6 - was last found on 10/23/12 by Indy! with one DNF since.
  • High Noon GCGRY9 - was last found on 10/24/12 by Team Troglodyte.
  • C.J.s. GC388F6 - was last found on 11/9/12 by Herman Fontenot and Sandra Fontenot with one DNF since.
  • Dedicated to the Night Time Ninjas GC3WJ10 - was last found on 11/11/12 by Muddy Buddies.
  • Things With Wings GCE4E9 - was last found on 11/17/12 by Team Pannelap with two DNF's since.
  • Rope Swing GC1MK6V - was last found on 11/18/12 by metalman69 with two DNF's since.
  • Proxima Centauri 4.24ly GC2N2YV - was last found on 11/20/12 by Steal Your Cache with four DNF's since.
  • The second cache near mules second swimming hole GCRGGM - was last found on 11/26/12 by heb1048 with four DNF's since.
  • Zion GC2K6KC - was last found on 12/1/12 by Micro Me with three DNF's since.
  • Part of the Family GCW38B - was last found on 12/3/12 by Raven & Georeyna.
  • Bayou Boat Slip GC3TTJP - was last found on 12/3/12 by Garglador with three DNF's since.
  • Lobster GC2X1QX - was last found on 12/8/12 by Muddy Buddies with two DNF's since.
  • Happy Holidays! GC22289 - was last found on 12/9/12 by rocky4 with two DNF's since.
  • Prophecies GC3AKV2 - was last found on 12/10/12 by Log Dawgs & Bubberdad.
  • SW 3 - The Good, The Bad & The Cacheless GC227AW - was last found on 12/15/12 by L Clan.
  • FTFC #62 - Or is it a puzzle? GC1P369 - was last found on 12/15/12 by Raven.
  • AHHHCHOO 080 GC2MDCN - was last found on 12/25/12 by 4lmbrJx.
  • Strike One GC3D05C - was last found on 1/3/13 by msbop with four DNF's since.
  • Grey skies......10 yrs later GC3VKA0 - was last found on 1/4/13 by bbqandbeer with one DNF since.
  • FOTW #4 GC1BNB0 - was last found on 1/10/13 by zedlitz with two DNF's since.
  • Black Box #2 GC2TN93 - was last found on 1/15/13 by TresHntrs with two DNF's since.
  • FOTW Bonus cache GC1BNA8 - was last found on 1/17/13 by .
  • Sundial at George Bush Park GC28Q25 - was last found on 1/19/13 by teamCull, Eagles1181 and .jpeg.
  • "Kachin' Krew"....{PAGIRLINTX + E1} GC3WMB6 - was last found on 1/19/13 by Magnum-PSU and Huff-Suter with three DNF's since.
  • Buffalo Trail #3 GC1RZVA - was last found on 1/19/13 by Lonestar 77 and Mustache xo.
  • Walkin' the dog.... GC3Q0N0 - was last found on 1/21/13 by trea with two DNF's since.
  • De Astutia (FTFC#4) GCN1AN - was last found on 1/22/13 by Garglador.
  • "OSC's Trademark" Wannabe GC1NPT5 - was last found on 1/24/13 by Backwards Charlie from Austin.
  • Star Wars - The Clone Wars GC1JRWM - was last found on 1/27/13 by elmdor7797.
  • Rising Sun (FTFC #77) GC2CP27 - was last found on 1/27/13 by HoustonControl.
  • 10 K Club - Lola GC38G5Q - was last found on 1/27/13 by criffree, FamilieRyan and TAZ427.
  • A Hard Mystery Cache GC2C4F9 - was last found on 2/8/13 by a big group of cachers.
  • Hyperhidrosis GCM3E4 - was last found on 2/9/13 by cachestacker.
  • Fools Rush In GC282P5 - was last found on 2/10/13 by Moose.Head and TimGrady.
  • Homestead 4: Wayback Machine GC2PXKV - was last found on 2/11/13 by elmdor7797.
  • Dew Drop Inn GCJE89 - was last found on 2/11/13 by ranlove with one DNF since.
  • KYORIT GC2QJEP - was last found on 2/14/13 by Moose.Head and TimGrady.
  • Watering Hole GC2KZ0W - was last found on 2/14/13 by Moose.Head and TimGrady with one DNF since.
  • H2S Series Take a load off.... GC41H4T - was last found on 2/16/13 by trea and Nick&Nora2 with three DNF's since.
  • FTFC #73 St. Patrick's Revenge GC24Y0V - was last found on 2/17/13 by Rich&Lola.
  • I'm Sick of Puzzles Two! GC1DZJP - was last found on 2/18/13 by cachestacker.
  • Phobia Series: Puzzlephobia GC22A8Y - was last found on 2/18/13 by Geo Otter and J-Shout.
  • Smile(s)! GC1NPYZ - was last found on 2/19/13 by Hoosier Ranger.
  • Road Block GC1VFTG - was last found on 2/23/13 by davidj and crunchberry007 with three DNF's since.
  • Working Title... GCXZ2R - was last found on 2/24/13 by heftydude with one DNF since.
  • Swag Hut GC307XR - was last found on 2/25/13 by suny mama with five DNF's since.
  • SW 2 - For a Few Caches More GC227AV - was last found on 2/27/13 by L CLan.
  • Night Time Ninja Aptitude #8 GC2NPZ8 - was last found on 3/1/13 by dmtex, with two DNF's since.
  • EZGTC: BlingNut GC24E0Q - was last found on 3/2/13 by elmdor7797.
  • STP (Soda Tube Puzzle) GC1YMXM - was last found on 3/2/13 by L CLan.
  • Night Time Ninja Aptitude #9: The Unknown Grave GC2P4G6 - was last found on 3/2/13 by DJAX96 & jjax12, with one DNF since.
  • Here Come The Beatles! GC2VMQM - was last found on 3/2/13 by L Clan.
  • Ninja Bait #1 GC3VW5K - was last found on 3/2/13 by DJAX96, jjax12 & TimGrady.
  • Ninja Bait #2 GC3VW63 - was last found on 3/2/13 by DJAX96, jjax12 & TimGrady.
  • Ninja Bait #3 - Ninja Eye Candy GC3VW6V - was last found on 3/2/13 by DJAX96, jjax12 & TimGrady.
  • Ninja Bait #4 - Animal Crossing GC3VW78 - was last found on 3/2/13 by DJAX96, jjax12 & TimGrady.
  • Termite's Vinyard GC2NQ48 - was last found on 3/3/13 by -Scarecrow-.
  • Down the Pipeline #4 GC2WAPH - was last found on 3/3/13 by The BeerHunters & sickseed, with two DNF's since.
  • From Jedi to Bison 1 GC1VDZ8 - was last found on 3/3/13 by Queen of Chains, with one DNF since.
  • DEER XING GC1BADQ - was last found on 3/3/13 by rocky4.
  • Timberlane Hike and Bike 2 GC2JJ1P - was last found on 3/8/13 by TexasWriter & CornDoll.
  • The point of no return? GC252F0 - was last found on 3/12/13 by skunkonthefog & Silliams, with two DNF's since.
  • THORNS GC1QD58 - was last found on 3/12/13 by margeo47 & HeidiPoo with one DNF since.
  • (Paradise [Valley]) City – Rock Song Series GC2N0EV - was last found on 3/18/13 by mighty felix, with one DNF since.
  • Alphabet Soup Bonus #1 GC2579Y - was last found on 3/23/13 by L Clan.
  • Down the Pipeline #5 GC36Y4Z - was last found on 3/26/13 by atennisbabe & cook cachers.
  • If you build it, they will come: FAIL-baseball GC3V5DH - was last found on 3/30/13 by Kirbydox.
  • 208 5 Katie's Cache GC272D1 - was last found on 3/30/13 by Team Troglodyte, with five DNF's since.
  • Summer Cachin' #2 ... Surprise! GC2YA9A - was last found on 4/6/13 by ScouterRoo, with five DNF's since.
  • FTFC #112 - Yes, it is tax time GC49G4W - was last found on 4/12/13 by FamilieRyan, Manofsteel73 and criffree.
  • Suburban Offrode Caching #6 GC3P9GY - was last found on 4/14/13 by H&Hbrown, with six DNF's since.
  • Marshland- Ditch Cache Redeux GC2PB70 - was last found on 4/14/13 by truetexan71, with one DNF since.
  • Can you help me out? GC3ER90 - was last found on 4/15/13 by EBandM and BaytownBert, with three DNF's since.
  • No Picasso here II GC1VFB3 - was last found on 4/15/13 by GrimmGeos, with one DNF since.
  • Russian Roulette # 2 GC3AF87 - was last found on 4/17/13 by BaytownBert.
  • Southern Cross GC3AF8X - was last found on 4/17/13 by BaytownBert.
  • BBES #13 Need Water GC1MMND - was last found on 4/18/13 by uptrain, ranlove and Manofsteel73, with six DNF's since.
  • -23- SUR GCDBED - was last found on 4/19/13 by TAZ427, with one DNF since.
  • Sweeney Todd GC3YQVT - was last found on 4/22/13 by HoustonJen, with four DNF's since.
  • It's Not What It Seems! GCR9ND - was last found on 4/25/13 by Bluespade00, with one DNF since.
  • Jason's Big Oak GC2K21K - was last found on 4/26/13 by rathergohiking.
  • Figure it out GC34R6F - was last found on 5/4/13 by drew8, with one DNF since.
  • Chupacabra scares off Bison GC4AG09 - was last found on 5/11/13 by TexasWriter (FTF), with twenty-two DNF's since.
  • Off the Grid GC2WARC - was last found on 5/14/13 by Kirbydox.
  • Royal Cache GC1E8TW - was last found on 5/18/13 by Rich & Lola.
  • Buffalo Trail #2 GC1RZVE - was last found on 5/18/13 by Lukeash2003, with two DNF's since.
  • Deliverance 4 GC1QQHM - was last found on 5/18/13 by Lukeash2003, with two DNF's since.
  • Toolz in Tinz GCMCQ3 - was last found on 5/19/13 by juleed, with two DNF's since.
  • A Trip through the Country... #10 GC1D3VR - was last found on 5/19/13 by Andydog, with four DNF's since.
  • MOS73 MIA Series - 029 GC3K9M7 - was last found on 5/19/13 by grandpa10, with one DNF since.
  • An Imaginary Cache GC3TW6N - was last found on 5/21/13 by Benttandem.
  • Mosey- Ditch Cache Redeux GC2PB6B - was last found on 5/23/13 by elmdor7797, with one DNF since.
  • The Diamond of Devonshire GC2RN3G - was last found on 5/30/13 by Team R&R.

Now off the list:

• A little further into the woods GC369VW was found on February 7th (oops!) by MedTexPlacer, 27 months after it was last found.
  • 24 Alphabet Soup GC254D0 was found on April 5th by debojusd, 25 months after it was last found.
  • Slavonic Dances GCN8XR was found on April 9th by rambetta, Yo Raffetto, and aberita13, 42 months after it was last found.
  • SW 1 - A Fistful of Caches GC227AT was found on April 10th by cwickman97, 26 months after it was last found.
  • Crossing Over #11 (The Lakes at Cypress Hill) GC1ETFD was found on April 24th by txgo4fan, 25 months after it was last found.
  • AHHHCHOO 098-CyprswdWall GC2MCQQ was found on May 11th by mcguyvertwo, 30 months after it was last found.
  • Jyunishi GC1Y7V8 was found on May 12th by navystud, 27 months after it was last found.
  • Some Beach GCXGQ5 was found on May 24th by juleed and + The Driver41 months after it was last found. The cache has been replaced.

Other changes since the last update
Kansas-Compass 1st Cache GC1X5HT was archived by WTR.
"Tour of Champions #2" GCNKEH was archived by WTR.
Alphabet Soup bonus #2 GC257XQ was archived by the owner.
Gilligan's Island: Ginger GC1MF49 was temporarily disabled by WTR.
FTFC #79 NtN018 Training Academy GC2FGNP was temporarily disabled by PR.
Fenced in? Fenced out? GC3M5HN was archived by the owner.
"Kachin' Krew"....{HUFF-SUTER + E1} GC3WMF5 was archived by WTR.
Fight It #2 GC3VMY9 was archived by WTR.
Pony Up GC3Y7VR was archived by WTR.
01 Alphabet Soup GC254BY was archived by the owner.
Beware! Engineers at Play. Mechanical Engineers. GC2XK0E was temporarily disabled by WTR.
Outback of the Oasis GC15ENR was archived by WTR.
Ronald McDonalds Playhouse GC1FB5V was archived by WTR.

Be sure to check out the Bookmarked List of these caches.

Shake-N-Bake! and I found "No Picasso here II GC1VFB3" last week.

I still plan to check out 23-SUR for WP3 to see if it is there. It is just to humid to be out these days. WTG on the No Picasso II find.

I still plan to check out 23-SUR for WP3 to see if it is there. It is just to humid to be out these days. WTG on the No Picasso II find.

It might be a tad bit wet out there. 

I was looking thru the list today and noticed that a ton of these are in or around George bush park. Would anyone be interested in a longest since last find event? I would like to help HC get this list a little more manageable but with most of them being in west or north Houston it really isnt convenient for me. If people were interested in helping me find some of the caches on the list I wouldnt mind hosting the event and driving to west Houston. Suggestions?

I was looking thru the list today and noticed that a ton of these are in or around George bush park. Would anyone be interested in a longest since last find event? I would like to help HC get this list a little more manageable but with most of them being in west or north Houston it really isnt convenient for me. If people were interested in helping me find some of the caches on the list I wouldnt mind hosting the event and driving to west Houston. Suggestions?

See previous post. I did a lot of them in GB Park when it was cooler and had not rained in awhile. In fact the water that I had to walk through was pretty cold. You probably need to wait a month for it to dry out. Also I suspect the mossies will be in full force for awhile.

Edited by SockPuppet

See previous post. I did a lot of them in GB Park when it was cooler and had not rained in awhile. In fact the water that I had to walk through was pretty cold. You probably need to wait a month for it to dry out. Also I suspect the mossies will be in full force for awhile.

I concur, I also made an effort to get a few off the list that were in GBP when it was still cool outside, but standing water was a problem even then. I don't even want to think about what the park will look like now.....

I concur, I also made an effort to get a few off the list that were in GBP when it was still cool outside, but standing water was a problem even then. I don't even want to think about what the park will look like now.....

The more the merrier for sure. For awhile it was like being the long ranger as most of the locals have already found the GBP caches.

I've been looking at many of the longest-since-last-found GBP caches for some time. I imagine it's a mess out there right now. I'd love to make a trek out there, but likely not until November. I have several solved puzzles, would like to finish TEXAS, and knock out some of the northern section.

As for 23 SUR, WP3 is missing. I was the last DNF I think.

CANINE QUEEN likes this

I've been looking at many of the longest-since-last-found GBP caches for some time. I imagine it's a mess out there right now. I'd love to make a trek out there, but likely not until November. I have several solved puzzles, would like to finish TEXAS, and knock out some of the northern section.

As for 23 SUR, WP3 is missing. I was the last DNF I think.

I'm thinking January!

it was like being the long ranger  . . .

There you go bragging again.

Actually when it was cold I might only see 3 people in the park the whole time.