ohl hockey guy

Longest since last find

1,361 posts in this topic

PR actually archived one on 105 east of Conroe this afternoon that has been dead forever! It was at a rest area so if Team trog doesn't place an active one there we will next time we over towards Conroe. All rest areas should have a cache...

PR actually archived one on 105 east of Conroe this afternoon that has been dead forever! It was at a rest area so if Team trog doesn't place an active one there we will next time we over towards Conroe. All rest areas should have a cache...

Go for it.  Since I'll be leaving the area before too long, I doubt I'll be placing any more around here.

Go for it.  Since I'll be leaving the area before too long, I doubt I'll be placing any more around here.

Sorry to see you go. The first events I attended was yours at Strack Farm Restaurant (now closed ()D). I really enjoyed Trog's Travel, the Conroe History Tours, and running into to you going for a geowyz FTF at the Jefferson Davis Hospital before it was converted.

I forgot about that, we'll try to get one placed there next time we go to Conroe.

West Texas just archived 3 more in the area in the last couple of hours, he is trying to get it all cleaned up it seems

He's doing a good job... especially responding to new Needs Archive logs.... <hint> <hint>  <nudge> <nudge>

A ton have been on the list.  And some local ones in my area were archived by COs, one was on the list.  Bet the list is a lot smaller in October.

I have one of Bosun's caches on my watchlist because I DNF'd it a few months back.  http://coord.info/GCK47G

West Texas just put a Disable on it yesterday.  There is some construction that prevented me from giving it a good search and clearing of the land may have actually caused the loss of the cache.  I planned to go back for another search when the construction was done but it looks the cache may be archived by then.

Interesting, or not.  It does smell of a coward to me though.  :)  I post a lot of need main and needs archived logs and am willing to take the heat, right or wrong and that is why I say this.

green-eyed likes this

I have one of Bosun's caches on my watchlist because I DNF'd it a few months back.  http://coord.info/GCK47G

West Texas just put a Disable on it yesterday.  There is some construction that prevented me from giving it a good search and clearing of the land may have actually caused the loss of the cache.  I planned to go back for another search when the construction was done but it looks the cache may be archived by then.

This one is probably gone.  That whole area was bulldozed for new construction.  

I found this one today. It was missing the first time I went to find it but BigBender replaced it quickly after my DNF.

• Super Duper Puzzle XLVI GC3NMTN - was last found on 3/15/12 by Benttandem.
Edited by SockPuppet

October Update: Since the last update, 10 caches on the list were found, 37 were disabled or archived, and 13 more were added to the list. As of September 30th there were 64 active caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over two years. They are:

• East Texas’ Hardest Mystery Cache GCNP2K - was last found on 03/19/10 by ggmorton and cachestacker.
  • The Bridge GC1VFM3 - was last found on 3/20/11 by Buzzard261 with one DNF's since.
  • Lets Go Froggin' GC1WXMZ - was last found on 9/10/11 by cachestacker, with one DNF since.
  • Slavonic Dances GCN8XR - was last found on 10/10/11 by Mr. Facial Hair & BA-Redbeard.
  • GCWLGBP: Night Time Ninja Aptitude #10 GC2P4MQ - was last found on 11/18/11 by Benttandem with one DNF since.
  • Motorcycle Ride #2 GC1V49B - was last found on 11/24/11 by happycachers with three DNF's since.
  • Leaf Me Alone GC1NDH1 - was last found on 11/25/11 by Raindrops88.
  • Mad Cow GC36CY5 - was last found on 12/1/11 by Cache'Magnet with one DNF since.
  • FTFC #74---Does Not Compute GC26NNT - was last found on 12/10/11 by cachestacker with one DNF since.
  • Some Beach GCXGQ5 - was last found on 12/28/11 by Team Troglodyte with two DNF's since. The "Find" on 3/2/14 appears to be bogus.
  • The Reason GC368QG - was last found on 1/1/12 by ScubDu, Buzzyb and Mudfrog.
  • Not Lot's Wife GC1VYE3 - was last found on 1/6/12 by FamilieRyan.
  • Highland Woods #4 GC3A0NA - was last found on 1/31/12 by rambetta & trea.
  • Highland Woods #1 GC382XP - was last found on 1/31/12 by rambetta & trea with one DNF since.
  • No Hills Here Bonus Cache - Sagarmatha GC1JK1H - was last found on 2/7/12 by thacatfish and bryanwilpitz.
  • Motorcycle Ride # 4 GC1V49P - was last found on 2/19/12 by ShotHouse with one DNF since.
  • Motorcycle Ride #1 GC1TAPB - was last found on 2/20/12 by ShotHouse.
  • PIMAN'S CACHE GC1MTKF - was last found on 3/6/12 by Hoosier Ranger.
  • The Antikythera Mechanism GC1XY3P - was last found on 3/17/12 by TXDinoTrax with one DNF since.
  • Double Trouble GC3CCNQ - was last found on 4/4/12 by davarle and criffree with one DNF since.
  • NinjaKurt's First Puzzle GC3GCPC - was last found on 4/13/12 by criffree and FamilieRyan with one DNF since.
  • You sank my battleship!!! GC3BD9J - was last found on 4/17/12 by BigBender with two DNF's since.
  • Kansas-Compass 1st Cache GC1X5HT - was last found on 4/18/12 by bubberdad, PDXJim and trea with one DNF since.
  • Chopped... GC189K6 - was last found on 4/22/12 by Log Dawgs, criffree and SeekerOfSeasons.
  • Aftershock: Cachin Shark!!!! GC31W6F - was last found on 5/5/12 by L Clan.
  • Chemical Plants - Cypresswood GC20G9H - was last found on 5/8/12 by TexasWriter, with one DNF since.
  • Whats a tree without a cache? GC1JBTD - was last found on 5/12/12 by Dimetrodon.
  • 2TON'S FIRST GC30KWA - was last found on 5/14/12 by BigBender, with one DNF since.
  • Dear Carrie GC35CGD - was last found on 5/14/12 by BigBender, with one DNF since.
  • TPU Cache #3 GC2B0DY - was last found on 5/25/12 by beinlause, with two DNF's since.
  • AHHHCHOO 108 GC2P6RN - was last found on 5/29/12 by topseekers5, with one DNF since.
  • AHHHCHOO 110 GC2P6T2 - was last found on 5/29/12 by topseekers5, with three DNF's since.
  • Gilligan's Island: Finding the S.S. Minnow GC1MF25 - was last found on 5/30/12 by TexasWriter.
  • FTFC #96 There's a Giant Lettuce Behind Me GC379NY - was last found on 6/3/12 by Muddy Buddies.
  • FTFC #70 A Holiday Cache GC21EKT - was last found on 6/3/12 by Muddy Buddies.
  • Cow Paddies GC36VDE - was last found on 6/14/12 by HitMan & Mrs.HM, with one DNF's since.
  • piccoli corteccia GC2KZ4G - was last found on 6/16/12 by TXWHITEY.
  • Asprins, Tylenol, or Ibuprofen GC1JDYX - was last found on 6/19/12 by TAZ427.
  • One Degree of Separation: A Micro-LJTXHiker GCZVNG - was last found on 7/8/12 by HoustonControl with two DNF's since.
  • SW 4 - High Plains Cacher GC227AX - was last found on 7/8/12 by rocky4.
  • Billy Goat's Gruff GC2Z86N - was last found on 7/11/12 by empressone, PAgirlinTX and pyrosmiley.
  • Night Time Ninja Aptitude #6 GC2NNBZ - was last found on 7/15/12 by Kirikiri and Schurke09 with one DNF since.
  • Danger Island GC1EV7K - was last found on 7/21/12 by Mudfrog.
  • The Library of Cache GC28774 - was last found on 8/2/12 by Redfist with three DNF's since.
  • FTFC #61 Food For Thought GC1MRKT - was last found on 8/3/12 by LogDawgs.
  • Bimbo's Lament GCM6GW - was last found on 8/4/12 by TAZ427 with one DNF since.
  • Trees, Levy's, and RiverStone GC2MW3H - was last found on 8/4/12 by TAZ427 with two DNF's since.
  • Soda Tube Trials #6: Water Walking GC25CXG - was last found on 8/4/12 by Kirbydox and Rich&Lola with one DNF since.
  • 30 Day Caching Challenge GC3AP8J - was last found on 8/5/12 by BulldogBlitz.
  • Suburban Offrode Caching #4 GC3P74V - was last found on 8/17/12 by Indy! with one DNF since.
  • FamilieRyan 3000! GC2FK70 - was last found on 8/18/12 by L Clan with one DNF since.
  • BFF Caching Buddies 04 GCcJCA2 - was last found on 9/3/12 by JustKeely with two DNF's since.
  • TMI (Too Much Information) GC21J6W - was last found on 9/3/12 by Eagkes1181.
  • Yin's Puzzle Cache GC3DCTA - was last found on 9/3/12 by Eagles 1181.
  • AHHHCHOO 067 GC2MCPR - was last found on 9/6/12 by Team Red J.
  • Chasing a Night Time Ninja GC2TJF4 - was last found on 9/8/12 by TAZ427 and TeamPoliceBike36.
  • Houston We Have a Problem (Again) GC3ATZD - was last found on 9/9/12 by Eagles1181.
  • Joe's Big Teen Adventure GCM5pr - was last found on 9/13/12 by TresHntrs with three DNF's since.
  • Chromatically Challenged GC24E5V - was last found on 9/14/12 by TexasWriter and CornDoll.
  • Saint Bernard GC3DGKY - was last found on 9/15/12 by trea with three DNF's since.
  • Devil's Crotch GC34PJK - was last found on 9/18/12 by hfd2722.
  • Tennis Ken's Way GC29HF9 - was last found on 9/22/12 by MericaSquad with two DNF's since.
  • Chris' 50th Birthday GC259KC - was last found on 9/23/12 by zedlitz with two DNF's since.
  • GCWLGBP: Road Trip! GC2HBVZ - was last found on 9/29/12 by Eagles1181.

Now off the list:

• The End of Geocaching GC3MQE2 was found on September 9th by MedTexPlacer, 25 months after it was last found.
  • Geocacher Rorschach Test GC2EYKE was found on September 10th by MedTexPlacer, 29 months after it was last found.
  • Epicycloid Invasion GC2T84A was found on September 11th by MedTexPlacer, 30 months after it was last found.
  • It's a small world after all, really GC2Y8GZ was found on September 15th by MedTexPlacer, 27 months after it was last found.
  • Yang's Puzzle Cache GC3DC9F was found on September 16th by MedTexPlacer, 37 months after it was last found.
  • One quarter stone GC2DR9K was found on September 23rd by Mallard Duck, 27 months after it was last found.
  • W2B ~ Hickory Grove Cemetery GC13JFV was found on September 24th by Lovingourdream 2, 26 months after it was last found.
  • Super Duper Puzzle XLVI GC3NMTN was found on September 27th by MedTexPlacer, 30 months after it was last found.
  • GCWLGBP: The Caching Project GC1WB5B was found on September 28th by MedTexPlacer, 29 months after it was last found.
  • Who Can I Turn To ? GC1MA4B was found on September 30th by MedTexPlacer, 33 months after it was last found.

Other changes since the last update
Hanging with the Jacksons GC1EZWE was temporarily disabled by West Texas Reviewer.
waterplant GC39YE9 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Otto's Spy Station GC1M3B9 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
FOTW #6 GC1BNAR was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Just Off The Greenbelt GCHK13 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Grimes Park GC3BJKF was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Ella & Friends (Again) GC1VJ6B was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
L&A Second Cache!! Little Ditch GC3BHD1 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Rest in Peace GCRMP9 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Beware of the cat's GC2NRMP was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
I See Signs #2 GC15035 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Freedom Park GC1FRE1 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Abandoned Tree House GC382WR was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Snag A Monkey-Find A Cache! GCXYRQ was archived by the owner.
pond on dixie GC1NFMG was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
A Challenge From Bografan! GC317T6 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Circle of Loot GC2ZAG9 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Great Find #3 GC1VRP3 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Gilligan's Island: Gilligan GC1MF34 was temporarily disabled by West Texas Reviewer.
Numbers Make Sense? GCJ7DJ was temporarily disabled by West Texas Reviewer.
Does Your Chain Hang Low GC2M8RX was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Dynamic Duo: Death March 2 GC2K9X5 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Down by the Bayou GC2HTBK was temporarily disabled by West Texas Reviewer.
MLK '63 GC3B15Y was temporarily disabled by West Texas Reviewer.
208 4 Corey's Cache GC26Z05 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Reach for It GC1VRYJ was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Hemingway One Way Tube Nano GC3BAPF was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Brambles GC25PH4 was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Houston Hot Well Sanitarium GC33KYF was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Catherine Labouré GC32AYQ was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
NTNC #5 The Ninja Warrior GC2YW1J was temporarily disabled by West Texas Reviewer.
Chinese Zodiac: The Year of The PIG GC2CZT5 was temporarily disabled by West Texas Reviewer.
Clear Lake Trivia GCPMWC was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Country Road #22 - Headed Home GC18PDP was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
Zephyr's Micro Dos GCX3WA was archived by the owner.
Drifting Along the Bayou GCK47G was archived by West Texas Reviewer.
The Shape of Things GC2FZG2 was temporarily disabled by the owner.

Be sure to check out the Bookmarked List of these caches.

Edited by HoustonControl

I found this one before the rain. Lots of detours.

• Who Can I Turn To ? GC1MA4B - was last found on 12/11/11 by pindroppers74 and tmbkr with one DNF since.

That's on my solved but not found list.  Good to know it's still there.