ohl hockey guy

Longest since last find

1,376 posts in this topic

I think at the rate these are leaving the list we almost need a mid-month update. ::)

Lots of finds and a few archives really do knock it down.  I also may have a new line for archiving outside of PR.  If I do I will share.

3 people like this

GC1GCXQ ▼  Take a Hike Ike!!  Archived!

Technically not on the list, but would have been in two more months. Thanks for the proactive badgering of PR stewardship of problem caches!

GC25CXY ▼ Soda Tube Trials #7: Take a LONG Hike!  will go on the list for January

No, it belongs to thacatfish now.  :coolsmiley:

GC25CXY ▼ Soda Tube Trials #7: Take a LONG Hike!  will go on the list for January

I made it about halfway to that one once, but had to turn back.  It is clearly on private property and I felt a little funny going for it then.  Maybe over Christmas...

ATMA and OHL Hockey Guy did that cache in the early stage of it's life and it nearly killed both of us. We never stopped going or the skeeters would bleed us out. Afterwards, we hit up a McDonald's and drank their tea machines dry.

I am pretty sure there are still scars from that hike.

1 person likes this

FTFC 83 - Remorseful Cache has been found and confirmed still in action! 

powerdog02 wanted to go out of town and cache, but the rain kept us near home.  since he had asked earlier in the week when we could head out for it, today was the day.  took advantage of the break in the weather at 7am and headed out for it...of course, the rain didn't stay away and juleed, powerdog02 and I were soaking wet in the end. 

4 people like this

I knocked this one off the list this morning about 1:45 a.m. when I was in the general area on an FTF run.

GC1KXXK Spiderman's Cache

When ATMA and I stopped at the McDs doing that cache we looked worse than the homeless guy that was there.

I do remember the very strange looks he was giving us. Sort of a "What are you two doing in here?" look.

When ATMA and I stopped at the McDs doing that cache we looked worse than the homeless guy that was there.

He was scoping you guys out as potential adversaries in a turf war. :)

1 person likes this

"There goes the neighborhood" ;)

1 person likes this

I found these two today, so they are now off the list:

GC23P8B FTFC#72 - Temple of the Four Orders

GCJCE1 Fear and Caching in Las Vegas

The Temple of the Four Orders brings back memories.  There was always a sense of excitement when a new GrangerFam puzzle came out. With many of his puzzles, just when you think you have solved it, there was always some other part to solve.  When this fun, clever puzzle came out, Big Bender and I worked on it, and were totally stuck. I remember BigBender and I emailing back and forth on the different things we tried.  We used every brain cell we had left on this puzzle, and we became obsessed with solving it.  In the end, we both thought that we worked way harder than its 2.5 difficulty, but felt a tremendous sense of accomplishment and success when we finally solved it.  What fun!!!

Ah memories….

TW, I think you might just qualify for THIS challenge cache!

That's awesome!  We just need to add some commas to the counts to really get TW's attention :

1. Find and log 3,000 caches that have had a gap of at least 2 months between finds

2. Find and log 2,000 caches that have had a gap of at least 4 months between finds

3. Find and log 1,000 cache that have had a gap of at least 6 months between finds

1 person likes this

Heck quite a few of us qualify for that one.  I will be in SA this weekend and may just go sign this one.

That's awesome!  We just need to add some commas to the counts to really get TW's attention :

1. Find and log 3,000 caches that have had a gap of at least 2 months between finds

2. Find and log 2,000 caches that have had a gap of at least 4 months between finds

3. Find and log 1,000 cache that have had a gap of at least 6 months between finds

Larry, thanks for pointing that one out to me. Didn't know it existed.

Greg, that's hilarious. Truth be told, I thought the challenge was very light on the "challenge" part, so I think you're on the right track. Maybe knock of a zero on each one, though. :)

I found these three today so they are now off the list. The fridge was quite an adventure....

GC1QKCP PAF: The Only Key To Solving A Tough Puzzle Cache?

GC1MZH4 A Fridge Too Far

GC1NC0C CR997 - Up the Creek Without a Paddle

Well done! I'm definitely leaving towards a LSLF Challenge cache. Stay tuned...

1 person likes this