ohl hockey guy

Longest since last find

1,355 posts in this topic

TW added 5 more today.....  I was with him for all 5 finds....  

I think my record for this list is 10 in a month.  You are half way there.   Nice job.

Actually, I knocked six more off the list today, and Mr. MB was with me for the first five of them (like Lays potato chips....had to try one more on the way home). :)

GC1M7BB - Rabbit Coordinates: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC1YV9G - Submitted For Your Approval... : Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC1MN7Q - FM1000: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC24X0G - Thanks Trey!: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC2AJ8H - Mossy Feeding Grounds: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC2MRP4 FTFC #85 - 1100 Congress: Found 12/13/13 by TW who took a stick in the eye coming back out and is about to head to the ER

Thanks, Stan. It was fun caching with you. First time caching together and long overdue...

Nice job.  Way to knock that list down!

GC2H9E0 - TNT Series #3 - A Ghost In The Darkness was adopted by MOS73 on 12/9/13 and temp disabled so he could check on it. As soon as it's operational I'll go put a find on it.

GC2H9E0 - TNT Series #3 - A Ghost In The Darkness was adopted by MOS73 on 12/9/13 and temp disabled so he could check on it. As soon as it's operational I'll go put a find on it.

I can tell you it is not there.  I have made a few looks for that one and the entire area is a mess.  It should be a replace and easy find.

PR temp disabled GC201DG - "Thank you for coming !" over the weekend. Someone must have said something to him. :)  

I emailed him that one on Friday.

PR temp disabled GC201DG - "Thank you for coming !" over the weekend. Someone must have said something to him. :)  

I emailed him that one on Friday.

Ironically, I sent him that one on Friday as well. He disabled it on Saturday. He probably liked getting it twice. Lol

At this rate, there won't be a list left!

I needed a new goal to direct my OCD towards, and the list was getting entirely too long. I've got about 15 more in my sights and hope to knock them out before the end of the month....Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Lots of smiling COs, among others in the wake of TW. (instead of a FTF Posse?) :)

I don't know what you mean, Kenny. I've gotten nothing but roses and can thank you cards from folks from all over the state for my late night FTF runs. In this era of high gas prices, gratitude abounds. Lol

Edited by TexasWriter
Dhaulaghiri and KeyResults like this

Bert has made quite an impact (especially in the southern parts of the radius) in getting CO's to disable and/or archive their caches that were out of commission. Good job, Bert.

15 Caches found by TW (14) and Elmdor (1)

10 Caches now Archived

2 caches disabled.

I went by and checked on Geek-Qualizer's Housewarming Cache GCMNT9 - was last found on 11/25/11 by Mugsy79 & cphissle with two DNF's since.

I replaced stage 1 two years ago and its gone again and the final as well.  I emailed PR a few days ago. 

I have found the following puzzles and can give someone help with these as they are not all that hard except for RIding the Rail

• Classical Element: Water GC1ZRZ8 - was last found on 11/22/11 by Log Dawgs.
  • Classical Element: Fire GC24EX0 - was last found on 11/22/11 by Log Dawgs.
  • Riding The Rail III GC1TF97 - was last found on 10/6/11 by Log Dawgs.
  • Isosceles #5: Gold Galleons GC17FX0 - was last found on 11/7/11 by cache.points with two DNF's since.
Edited by log dawgs

powerdog02 was asking me last night when we're attempting our "cache in the woods" experience again.  meaning FTFC #83 - a remorseful cache.  i'm thinking it's just about the right time to go in now without mossies bleeding us dry.

15 Caches found by TW (14) and Elmdor (1)

10 Caches now Archived

2 caches disabled.

I went by and checked on Geek-Qualizer's Housewarming Cache GCMNT9 - was last found on 11/25/11 by Mugsy79 & cphissle with two DNF's since.

I replaced stage 1 two years ago and its gone again and the final as well.  I emailed PR a few days ago. 

I have found the following puzzles and can give someone help with these as they are not all that hard except for RIding the Rail which no one has ever solved.  Just Brute forced.

• Isosceles #5: Gold Galleons GC17FX0 - was last found on 11/7/11 by cache.points with two DNF's since.

Oops, I transposed a number on that last one, should be GC17XF0

Kingwood Geo has been very good about checking on his and reports this one to be good to go.  I enjoyed solving all the Isosceles puzzles as they are simple geometry that I can handle!

powerdog02 was asking me last night when we're attempting our "cache in the woods" experience again.  meaning FTFC #83 - a remorseful cache.  i'm thinking it's just about the right time to go in now without mossies bleeding us dry.

When you decide to go give me and Jacob a hollar. We love trecking aroung in the woods. :)

green-eyed likes this

Riding the Rails III - I don't know if it is still there but contrary to the previous post, it has been solved.  In my case it was with a whole lot of help but others have solved the puzzle.  It is one of the hardest puzzles I have encountered.  It is a real challenge if it is still in place.

KeyResults likes this

Riding the Rails III - I don't know if it is still there but contrary to the previous post, it has been solved.  In my case it was with a whole lot of help but others have solved the puzzle.  It is one of the hardest puzzles I have encountered.  It is a real challenge if it is still in place.

My fault I corrected my statement.  I bet it is still there.  Since it is located in an area not frequently traveled by pedestrians and it was snug  in its locale.

Oh and Benttandem if you think Riding the Rails was tough try this fendmar puzzle.  GC1YMXM

Edited by log dawgs
KeyResults likes this

Ah, fendmar is my beta noir.  I have all kinds of his puzzles laying around that I can't solve.  I'll check this one out but it will probably another one that beats me up.

These three and 16 others are on my target list before the end of the year. It has become my life's mission....until a series of 25+ caches publishes like it did today near/in Brenham. Iit was an FTF feeding frenzy amonst 7 or 8 cachers. Fun stuff!

The following are now off the list:

GC1PDDP  Asteroid Impact:  Found it today

GC2KK1M  Order of Operations:  Found it today

GC1KRGH  John Harrison's Cache:  Found it today

GC1ZRZ8  Classical Element: Water:  Found it today

GC21GV2  Classical Element: Earth:  Found it today

GC24EX0  Classical Element: Fire:  Found it today