ohl hockey guy

Longest since last find

1,361 posts in this topic

If I actively filtered out caches with tons of DNF's, that would help too. 

I thought that a goal was to get those with tons of DNF's archived... :stirpot:

If I actively filtered out caches with tons of DNF's, that would help too. 

I thought that a goal was to get those with tons of DNF's archived... :stirpot:

That would be great, but it doesn't seem to be happening.  I've noticed several caches that PR temporarily disabled 10 weeks ago that still haven't been archived.  In the past, he would temp disable and give the CO 30 days to do something.  On day 31 with no response, he would archive it...like clockwork.  Not so much any more. :huh:

Five caches in Crosby that Larry and I found began to disintegrate.  I wrote the CO and asked if the would repair them, or simply archive them, if they didn't have time to fix them.  the next day they archived all 5.  This may not be a bad strategy.

GCTN2G ▼ The Maze     GC11Q2W ▼ 256 x 65536     GC1AERC ▼ Jurassic Park: Stegosaurus   GC2ZG4T ▼ HP #7 Truly a Man of MYSTERY archived today
Edited by Baytown Bert

Bert's been posting NA's like crazy.  TexasTig archived Austin, Beef Blocker 3 and Beef Blocker 5 and temp disabled another.  Dead Men Caching also was archived by the CO.  At least some headway is being made!

The pen is mightier than the sword. :smiley6600:  I imagine a few will be offended and curse me, but all they have to do is post a maint log to clear it and erase my log.  No harm done or intended.

Edited by Baytown Bert
GASTX likes this

I also saw that Piman was archiving caches, some that had no DNF's.  Maybe he had inside info that they were missing or needed attention.  I believe he has moved out of the area.

ARCHIVED!

GC24Q4D ▼ Riverside Cache at Walter Hall Park   GC1F3R1 ▼ Makenna's Treasure Box  

GC3VTDG ▼ "For your convenience"      GC1FEFE ▼ NANO cache in Deer Park

GC1EJ0Z ▼ Dead Men Caching   &  GCW9EY ▼ Hobbit Hide in Bay Area Park

GC1PWWP ▼  Cody's Cache     GC2EWJY ▼  SHAC Centennial - Loyal

GC13Q4C ▼  Play Around #2    GC1V5MD ▼Orbiter Micro Series - Discovery (OV103)

GC2K4G4 ▼ Over worked DGF #3       GC1KK7J ▼ It shoal is easy  GC2YHY4 ▼ Veer Left @ Lake View

GC3280X ▼ No Reservations at the Reservoir

So far, 18 caches have been archived.

Edited by Baytown Bert

I did my little happy dance when PR finally archived "The Caddyshack" (GCPAVB) last month. Still, it went without a valid find for over four years.

I've noticed all of the CO archiving lately, and it's a good thing. Hopefully by the time Geocoinfest comes around some of these caches that have been sitting here for years with no finds and no CO maintenance will be gone.

I did my little happy dance when PR finally archived "The Caddyshack" (GCPAVB) last month.

I did the same thing for GC1PWWP ▼  Cody's Cache, this one has needed to be archived for a good bit. Had sent a note to the PR a few months ago but I guess BB has "PULL"  LOL

Thanks

JuleeD likes this

I did my little happy dance when PR finally archived "The Caddyshack" (GCPAVB) last month. Still, it went without a valid find for over four years.

I've noticed all of the CO archiving lately, and it's a good thing. Hopefully by the time Geocoinfest comes around some of these caches that have been sitting here for years with no finds and no CO maintenance will be gone.

I was eyeing that since the moment PR gave that cache a 30 day notice & then archived it 60 days later.

I keep elbowing my husband about us putting one out there because there's a good story to go with it...  :D

green-eyed and JuleeD like this

Now off the list: 

GC1J3J1  Star Wars(2) - Phantom Menace: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1J3J2  Star Wars(3) - Attack of the Clones: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1J3J5  Star Wars(5) - A New Hope: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1JH85  Millennium Falcon: Last found two years ago. I found it today.

GC1JRX0  Swamp of Dagobah?: Last found two years ago. I found it today.

GC2H79P Dove Hunt Series - Twins Jungle: Last found over 2 years ago. Replaced by the CO on 10/22/13 and found by Elmdor on 12/10/13.

cachestacker and FamilieRyan like this

Now off the list:

GC1J3J1 Star Wars(2) - Phantom Menace: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1J3J2 Star Wars(3) - Attack of the Clones: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1J3J5 Star Wars(5) - A New Hope: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1JH85 Millennium Falcon: Last found two years ago. I found it today.

GC1JRX0 Swamp of Dagobah?: Last found two years ago. I found it today.

GC2H79P Dove Hunt Series - Twins Jungle: Last found over 2 years ago. Replaced by the CO on 10/22/13 and found by Elmdor on 12/10/13.

WTG! I believe TW has found a new calling. I challenge you to knock a 1000 of these off the list in the next year!
Dhaulaghiri and TexasWriter like this

Now off the list: 

GC1J3J1  Star Wars(2) - Phantom Menace: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1J3J2  Star Wars(3) - Attack of the Clones: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1J3J5  Star Wars(5) - A New Hope: Last found three years ago. I found it today.

GC1JH85  Millennium Falcon: Last found two years ago. I found it today.

GC1JRX0  Swamp of Dagobah?: Last found two years ago. I found it today.

I think my record for this list is 10 in a month.  You are half way there.   Nice job.

Nice!  A lot of the newer ones on the list are definitely doable with zero or one DNF's.... but they're mostly puzzles that I haven't solved. :uglystupid2:

Several of these were on the list 2 years ago and I found them and now they are back with only one find in two years.  Riding the Rail is a puzzle that I never solved just brute forced.  If you want some help TW send me a note and I can help you with the ones I have found.  I think there are 6-7 on the list I found 2 years ago.

Edited by log dawgs

TW added 5 more today.....  I was with him for all 5 finds....  

I think my record for this list is 10 in a month.  You are half way there.   Nice job.

Edited by Mr Muddy Buddy

TW added 5 more today.....  I was with him for all 5 finds....  

Actually, I knocked six more off the list today, and Mr. MB was with me for the first five of them (like Lays potato chips....had to try one more on the way home). :)

GC1M7BB - Rabbit Coordinates: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC1YV9G - Submitted For Your Approval... : Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC1MN7Q - FM1000: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC24X0G - Thanks Trey!: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC2AJ8H - Mossy Feeding Grounds: Found 12/13/13 by Mr. MB and TW

GC2MRP4 FTFC #85 - 1100 Congress: Found 12/13/13 by TW who took a stick in the eye coming back out and is about to head to the ER

Thanks, Stan. It was fun caching with you. First time caching together and long overdue...

I see a new challenge cache coming.  Find 10 caches in a month that is on the LSLF list.  Wonder if that would fly?

Put Pr lets what ever he wants fly.  He does what he wants.  Like archive every cache I try to publish before he publishes them. Yet he lets this one publish.    100 Souvenir Challenge  http://coord.info/GC4DYVX  Which I will never and most will never be able to get.   Thats why I hide caches in other states because of PR.  I could see yours more do able than this one.

Edited by Cache Control

I see a new challenge cache coming.  Find 10 caches in a month that is on the LSLF list.  Wonder if that would fly?

Put Pr lets what ever he wants fly.  He does what he wants.  Like archive every cache I try to publish before he publishes them. Yet he lets this one publish.    100 Souvenir Challenge  http://coord.info/GC4DYVX  Which I will never and most will never be able to get.   Thats why I hide caches in other states because of PR.  I could see yours more do able than this one.

Hmmm, I just need 6 more souvenirs to qualify for Cybercat's cache.  Certainly easier for me to get that finding 1000 in a day or a cache every day for a year.  Probably easier for most folks that finding a cache in every county in the State!

Hmmm, I just need 6 more souvenirs to qualify for Cybercat's cache.  Certainly easier for me to get that finding 1000 in a day or a cache every day for a year.  Probably easier for most folks that finding a cache in every county in the State!

I'm at 69 souvenirs, and like you HC, I'm waaaaaayyyyy more likely to make the 100 souvenir challenge than the 1,000-in-a-day-challenge.

We are at 96 souvenirs.   I was kind of surprised we had that many.  I went to look at the cache page to see if anyone had logged it and saw that Stan had already posted the user note of our current count.   It looks like someone made it.  Many challenges like this may be only found by a few, but as years go by, more and more will qualify and be able to sign the log...assuming you are in the area to do so.