ohl hockey guy

Longest since last find

1,355 posts in this topic

I would suggest our geo family attempt to clear out the list by finding and replacing.   If an older cache is truly gone, replacing would would nice in order to keep the hide date active. Otherwise, lets post a ton of maintenance/needs to be archived notices so PR notices and cleans out the back log of missing caches so we have spots to hide new ones!

Well evidently you have not been following what myself and TexasWriter have been doing.  Together in the past 18 months we have knocked out about 30 caches and had about 6 or so archived since they were clearly gone and CO as well.  The issue is two main areas.  West (Katy Area) and far South (Alvin area)  The Clear Lake area has a few as well.  If cachers who live in those areas would go find these caches then the list would be small.

Wish I could take the time to figure out the ones in the Clear Lake area and Alvin. Jacob and I would tackle them but neither of us really do puzzles...

Any help and I will go for them.

Wish I could take the time to figure out the ones in the Clear Lake area and Alvin. Jacob and I would tackle them but neither of us really do puzzles...

You don't do puzzles and yet you just helped hide the FTFC trophy.....HMMMM Irony there..... :stirpot:

You don't do puzzles and yet you just helped hide the FTFC trophy.....HMMMM Irony there..... :stirpot:

He managed to FTF some of the STS Series, too.  :stirpot:

there are a few confirmed missing clear lake caches by people who have found them in the past.  they're still hanging out there... I was going to go check on one or two today with PD02, but the rain was coming and I'd rather search later while still dry. 

If a puzzle doesn't jump out at me I very rairly will go back to it. Now those that are STS or CLAPS I can't leave behind because they are big series caches.

I would suggest our geo family attempt to clear out the list by finding and replacing.   If an older cache is truly gone, replacing would would nice in order to keep the hide date active. Otherwise, lets post a ton of maintenance/needs to be archived notices so PR notices and cleans out the back log of missing caches so we have spots to hide new ones!

Well evidently you have not been following what myself and TexasWriter have been doing.  Together in the past 18 months we have knocked out about 30 caches and had about 6 or so archived since they were clearly gone and CO as well.  The issue is two main areas.  West (Katy Area) and far South (Alvin area)  The Clear Lake area has a few as well.  If cachers who live in those areas would go find these caches then the list would be small.

Seems Log Dawgs has the ear of PR.  I noticed several where he posted a Needs Archived and PR deep-sixed it the same day.  Now THAT'S power! :police:

That map is very helpful!

I'm more willing to give some newbie effort out for lost finds if they're possibly right along my usual route, (like a few minutes over multiple days).

Seems Log Dawgs has the ear of PR.  I noticed several where he posted a Needs Archived and PR deep-sixed it the same day.  Now THAT'S power! :police:

Ok you caught me.....I'll confess I am not PR but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Why don't we make a group promise this September to bombard these caches, especially the CO abandoned ones and replace or archive blast them? It's looking like a graveyard out there and these are just the 121 that are over two years. Which is the closest to Baytown, HC...the Cut series?

If they are missing for sure and have lots of DNF's or are clearly gone.  Don't replace them......Request to be Archived and Send PR a note with the cache number etc and say the same.  That's my secret.  He is quick to respond as noted by HC.

Why don't we make a group promise this September to bombard these caches, especially the CO abandoned ones and replace or archive blast them? It's looking like a graveyard out there and these are just the 121 that are over two years. Which is the closest to Baytown, HC...the Cut series?

If they are missing for sure and have lots of DNF's or are clearly gone.  Don't replace them......Request to be Archived and Send PR a note with the cache number etc and say the same.  That's my secret.  He is quick to respond as noted by HC.

I've done this before and it works as advertised.

I sent a note to PR and what do you know......All disabled. 

RED RIDER GC1ZWQ1 - was last found on 4/20/11 by Robin 1 with six DNF's since.

Yorktown Crossing GCRVPZ - was last found on 3/4/11 by camzberry with four DNF's since.

Pine Mill Ranch Park Series #2 GC2QQH3 - was last found on 8/18/11 by Hoosier Ranger with ten DNF's since.

Baytown Bert likes this

I sent a note to PR and what do you know......All disabled. 

RED RIDER GC1ZWQ1 - was last found on 4/20/11 by Robin 1 with six DNF's since.

Yorktown Crossing GCRVPZ - was last found on 3/4/11 by camzberry with four DNF's since.

Pine Mill Ranch Park Series #2 GC2QQH3 - was last found on 8/18/11 by Hoosier Ranger with ten DNF's since.

He must like you.  I that how you got the latest FTFC coords so quickly? :coolsmiley:

ohl hockey guy and TexasWriter like this

I was merely talking about the community as a whole working on the list during one given month/time period.        There have been a variety of folks knocking caches off the list, although be it, not as many as you two.   el du

Aren't all the caches in Katy missing? :stirpot:

Seriously, though, I went out there to cache one day when I was getting close to a new comma (I think it was 3,000) and had about a 60% find ratio for the caches that I wanted to pick up and/or looked for. I would've thought I just sucked at caching (at least that day) if it weren't for all the prior DNF's on almost all the ones I didn't get. Maybe it was just the section of Katy I chose (one the cache map it looked pretty cache-dense), but I haven't been back there since then except to grab FTF's (ironically most of those were there...lol).

I found  Go Directly to Jail! GC2JCX5 - was last found on 6/11/11 by L Clan.   Last night.  It was there and stillw aiting to be found. 

I DNFed Spiderman's Cache GC1KXXK - was last found on 2/14/11 by L Clan with two DNF's since. The CO reports that it's still there!   I refuse to stick my arm in a hole where I can not see.  Big Bender has done that to me twice now on puzzles.  SNAKE HAVEN

rozowski5 likes this

I was merely talking about the community as a whole working on the list during one given month/time period.        There have been a variety of folks knocking caches off the list, although be it, not as many as you two.   el du

I was just messing with you.   There are quite a few who follow this list and attempt to tackle them. 

I found  Go Directly to Jail! GC2JCX5 - was last found on 6/11/11 by L Clan.   Last night.  It was there and stillw aiting to be found. 

I DNFed Spiderman's Cache GC1KXXK - was last found on 2/14/11 by L Clan with two DNF's since. The CO reports that it's still there!   I refuse to stick my arm in a hole where I can not see.  Big Bender has done that to me twice now on puzzles.  SNAKE HAVEN

And you are wise not to do so! When we were up in Virginia I found a cache in a tree stump (in semi-darkness), accidentally dropped it when putting it back and when I tried to retrieve it stared right in the two unblinking eyes of some snake. Needless to say I left the container right where it was and contacted the CO to tell him what happened... don't even want to imagine what would've happened if I would just have put my hand in there to feel for the container  :shocking:  :startled:

And you are wise not to do so! When we were up in Virginia I found a cache in a tree stump (in semi-darkness), accidentally dropped it when putting it back and when I tried to retrieve it stared right in the two unblinking eyes of some snake. Needless to say I left the container right where it was and contacted the CO to tell him what happened... don't even want to imagine what would've happened if I would just have put my hand in there to feel for the container  :shocking:  :startled:

where is the unlike button?  Or the I sure hate that button?  but I do want you to find my snake by your memorial #4 cache - just to validate it was super scary! 

We did a cache a few years ago that had me sticking my arm into a stump hole and the cache was inside a vinyl snake!

I pulled it out and tossed it at Rhonda while yelling "Snake!". The next hour or so was not good for me...

log dawgs likes this

We did a cache a few years ago that had me sticking my arm into a stump hole and the cache was inside a vinyl snake!

I pulled it out and tossed it at Rhonda while yelling "Snake!". The next hour or so was not good for me...

But the rest of us enjoyed it. LOL

Edited by ohl hockey guy