Longest since last find

1,325 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Do you mean the cache in Mexico? :D

PiMan confirmed that I have the correct coordinates for ODS:Iguana Rock but he refuses to spring for my hotel and airfare....what's up with that? :D

It is not that far. Just hope in the FJ and you should be there by morning.

Posted · Report post

I see most of the caches on the list are puzzle caches.  Most puzzle caches get found by a few people that do puzzle caches and then don't get found again because a majority of the cachers really don't do puzzle caches.  Piman314's caches are great, but because he's so far west, he has those not getting to the area and those not doing puzzles against him.  We on the other hand usually make his caches a priority to do, although I think we still have one outstanding cache of his to go after.  We've just been super busy and haven't gotten to do a lot of caching.   

I gotta agree with the MB's here.  Fortunately for me, I live west so piman's caches are close by.

bear

Posted · Report post

PiMan confirmed that I have the correct coordinates for ODS:Iguana Rock but he refuses to spring for my hotel and airfare....what's up with that? :D

It is not that far. Just hope in the FJ and you should be there by morning.

Are you kidding?  Airfare and hotel are cheaper than gasoline and McDonalds for 3 days.......I'm just sayin'

Posted · Report post

We on the other hand usually make his caches a priority to do, although I think we still have one outstanding cache of his to go after.  We've just been super busy and haven't gotten to do a lot of caching.   

Mexico???  I must have missed something.  I haven't been paying too much attention to what's been popping up, but Mexico wouldn't have been on my radar. 

Posted · Report post

You can remove CHIN GI GCRN9E

The wife and I found it yesterday 3-6-07  :) :) :) :)

Dragonhunter221

Posted · Report post

You can remove CHIN GI GCRN9E

The wife and I found it yesterday 3-6-07   :) :) :) :)

Dragonhunter221

Way to Go Dragonhunter !!!! I've got a couple on the list I may try to get this weekend !!

Posted · Report post

We got GCT95M - The Big Lebowski off of the longest since unfound list.  We were 2nd to find after 13 months since the FTF by mtp

Posted · Report post

We got GCT95M - The Big Lebowski off of the longest since unfound list.  We were 2nd to find after 13 months since the FTF by mtp.   

Way to go!  I have the coords for that one, so it's nice to know it's still findable.  (At the risk of eventually having my log deleted, I won't say how I got the coordinates! :o)

Posted · Report post

Well this should drive HC crazy.  I found this one at lunch time.  I would help him out but then his log would be deleted anyway. :D

Don't Pass Me Up

Yeah, when I saw it it just about drove me crazy too. Congatulations on finding the cache

WTT

Posted · Report post

Well this should drive HC crazy.  I found this one at lunch time.  I would help him out but then his log would be deleted anyway. :D

Don't Pass Me Up

Yeah, I already sent you an email.  It was before I saw this post, or I wouldn't have done it...

Posted · Report post

Don't Pass Me Up

O0 O0 got it Today

Posted · Report post

Did HC get it too or did you drop the stalking to do some caching of your own.

Posted · Report post

Did HC get it too or did you drop the stalking to do some caching of your own.

Every once in a while I can't find him and have to wander out on my own. I didn't see him anywhere around today even though sometimes he does stalk me  ;)

Posted · Report post

You shoulda been down in Galveston and Hitchcock today.  Then you would have seen me for sure!

Posted · Report post

I saw him on the Strand webcam.  He was eyeing a fancy red Porsche.   ;D

You shoulda been down in Galveston and Hitchcock today.  Then you would have seen me for sure!

Posted · Report post

Did you get your webcams???

Well, webcam (singular).  I just wanted to get at least one, so I could add that icon to my profile.  I got the Strand Cam (thanks Stan), but didn't bother with the Harbor Cam or the Surf Cam -- since webcams a little hard to coordinate.

I did all the rest of the caches on the island, except for a DNF on Bosun's End of the Island, plus I got all the caches on Pelican Island.  Then I came back to the mainland, got a few caches in Hitchcock, then spend the afternoon getting all the caches in Jack Brooks park.  Well, all but one, which I spent 45 minutes looking for -- I believe it is muggled.  

I'm really, really tired. :-X

Posted · Report post

Did you get your webcams???

Well, webcam (singular).  I just wanted to get at least one, so I could add that icon to my profile.  I got the Strand Cam (thanks Stan), but didn't bother with the Harbor Cam or the Surf Cam -- since webcams a little hard to coordinate.

I did all the rest of the caches on the island, except for a DNF on Bosun's End of the Island, plus I got all the caches on Pelican Island.  Then I came back to the mainland, got a few caches in Hitchcock, then spend the afternoon getting all the caches in Jack Brooks park.  Well, all but one, which I spent 45 minutes looking for -- I believe it is muggled.  

I'm really, really tired. :-X

You didn't stop and get Virginia Point by Bosun. It's waiting on a "FTF" ?

WTT-B2

Posted · Report post

I was working off of my pocket queries from the 28th.  That's usually my luck -- I download queries for an area, then 8 new caches get published 5 minutes later.  :(

Posted · Report post

April Update:

Through the end of March, there were 23 unarchived, enabled caches within a 50 mile radius of downtown Houston that have not been found in over 12 months.  They are:

Whistle While You Cache GCKV2V - last found on 2/17/05 by BMcNallen with 3 DNF's since then.  In all likelihood, this cache is missing.

CrossWorlds GCHZVX - last found on 12/4/05 by GrangerFam with one DNF since then.

Elementary, My Dear Watson! GCPHCY - last found on 12/26/05 by GrangerFam.

Trog's Travels GCGY0H - last found on 1/4/06 by JimmyEv.

Circumcenter GCGCX1 - last found on 1/7/06 by Warthog12, with one very recent DNF since.

De Astutia GCN1AN - last found on 1/7/06 by Muddy Buddies.

FTFC #14 - A Tribute Cache GCR3PW - last found on 1/10/06 by Love2Fly.

ANCITW #5 GCND8M - last found on 1/14/06 by PPRubens.

Damage Control GCR827 - last found on 1/18/06 by MAES.

Lake Conroe PWC Tour #2 GCPNCQ - last found on 1/18/06 by silverado rocket.

The Elder Futhark GCRMR9 - last found on 2/4/06 by MedTexPlacer.

Near The Forgotten GCN5X3 - last found on 2/4/06 by MedTexPlacer with 2 DNF's since then.

Far Side GCM9JV - last found on 2/5/06 by GrangerFam.

Four Wheel Power GC5D16 - last found on 2/5/06 by tplasek.

S-16 GCPE5T last found on 2/11/06 by GrangerFam, with 3 DNF's since.

Rustic Country Home GCP90Y - last found on 2/12/06 by bilster.

FTFC #16 - mtp 2nd Anniversary GCRKVQ - last found on 2/14/06 by basenola, with 5 DNF's since then.

Photo Recon GCJ4AY - last found on 3/3/06 by ME, with one DNF since.

Rocks for Rhonda GCHTQG - last found on 3/4/06 by Smukke, with one DNF since.

Lake Houston PWC Tour #1 GCPFDA - last found on 3/5/06 by The Popeteers and Big Steve's Crew, with one DNF since.

Cypress Outlook GCNMRY - last found on 3/25/06 by Tx_Secsy & Jeff, with one DNF since.

Wood Works GCHX49 - last found on 3/27/06 by Atticrat.

Now off the list:

CHIN GI GCRN9E - was found by Dragonhunters 221 & 223 on March 6th after a 14 month hiatus.

Map Skills 101, Freshman Year GCRHJ0 - was found by vertigo84m on March 27th after 14-1/2 months of inactivity.

Sugar Land Safari GCGA9N - was found by vertigo84m on March 24th after a 14 month lull.

Transit of Venus GCJMXW - was found by cybercat and CindyFrag on March 17th.  It had last been found on 2/4/06.

The Big Lebowski GCT95M was found on March 25th by The Muddy Buddies, who were STF exactly 13 months after mtp's FTF.

Good going, folks! O0

Since the last update, the following caches have been temporarily disabled, pending maintenance:

Power to the People GCM1VT - last found on 10/8/05 by Tx_Secsy & Jeff, with 2 DNF's since then.

San Luis Surf and Cache GCGJHF - last found on 2/19/06 by AmaznGrace, with 4 DNF's since then.  Reading the logs, this one is in all likelihood a goner.

I have a feeling that more and more of the Lake Houston/Lake Conroe PWC caches will be finding their way onto the list.  They're impossible to do without the right equipment and many of them seem to be in disrepair or MIA.  Hopefully the owner of the series can check on them to make sure there are still caches to find.

Now, get out there folks and find these caches!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the update. Wood Works is mine and if you go there please taken something even if you have nothing to trade.  I have plenty of swag for this cache.

I really enjoyed Trog's Travel but expect to spend a full day on that one and to do a lot of driving.

Posted · Report post

I noticed that a large portion of the caches on this list have DNFs after the last finder.  It would really be great if the owners of these caches were to make a post saying that they had checked on the cache and they are still there or are gone.  That way cachers are more likely to go after them.