MILESTONES

4,139 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Nice to see Maggieb and Themelman get their 600th and 400th at our cache.  We celebrate with you. 

Nice also to see ATMA at 700+ caching in our part of town.  Maybe one day we will get off the dime and down the NASA-Galveston way and do a few of yours. 

Congrats also to KANDRS for passing the century mark.

Ahh.. caching...such a wonderfl sport. 

Posted · Report post

We have really enjoyed your part of town too and had a lot of fun. Not done with that area yet either. There is one we think needs to be approached via helicopter and repel ropes that is of interest to us. One way in was stopped by a huge swamp and the other by about 25 residents wondering why we were cutting through their side yards. It freaked us out so we decided to move on.

You are welcome to come do ours and the many others in our part of town and we all look forward to seeing your logs of them.

We adopted a cache a while back named Vintage Fancy and finished off buying start off contents for it yesterday over in the Sugar Land area thanks to a large city garage sale! They had the perfect things for this cache.

Funny to run the stats on caches per day. Since 7 Aug 05, we have cached 210 days. Running the numbers, that is 3.33333... caches per day and was interesting to see all of the 3's line up.

We were out with KandRS and OHL Hockey Guy Saturday when KandRS logged their 100th. They even have a neat photo of it.

Posted · Report post

They even have a neat photo of it.

Aww man! I didn't get to take a photo of my 100th. I was alone when I did mine.

Posted · Report post

We travel with a clamperpod, its a clamping tripod.  Perfect for groups of two.  We got a great picture of us, ATMA and OHL Hockeyguy on our #99 using it.  Very handy.

Posted · Report post

I've been out of the picture for a while (not by choice) but finally grabbed a few easy ones to get my GC total over the 100 mark.  Onward to the next 100 (hope it won't take as long).

Posted · Report post

I've been out of the picture for a while (not by choice) but finally grabbed a few easy ones to get my GC total over the 100 mark.  Onward to the next 100 (hope it won't take as long).

Congratulations on your 100!!!

Posted · Report post

Yeah, congrats, its just the first milestone, we're looking forward to our future ones as well!

Posted · Report post

we hit 800 this past week---we are so excited...we did over 100 in 5 days---we hope to get 1000 by the end of the month-was hoping for tc2006 being the 1000...but i don't see that happening with the incoming bad weather...look out all the higher ranking cachers--above us--here we come...thanks pepper--for letting us--do your pepper celebration as our 800th find.

Posted · Report post

I reached a milestone a few days ago by adding an addtional state to my cache list.  I hope to add another state today!

Posted · Report post

I reach a milestone a few days ago by adding an addtional state to my cache list.  I hope to add another state today!

SP, I see you're in Louisiana, so what's your status?  Also, what's the other state that you are going to do?

Posted · Report post

.... There is one we think needs to be approached via helicopter and repel ropes that is of interest to us. One way in was stopped by a huge swamp and the other by about 25 residents wondering why we were cutting through their side yards. It freaked us out so we decided to move on.

Quick this one sound like real fun...where do I sign up for the helicopter??

BTW, a week ago, I headed for MAES "Sonny Susan" cache down near Needville.   I got my 100th along with my wife's 1st find.  She is no longer a geo widow.  From now on she will be known as "WeinieQueenie".  (Any questions ask MAES)

Posted · Report post

For those of you that haven't stumbled across a TDW coupon for a 2 for 1  hotdog at Deputy Dogs (Small place almost at the River Bridge in Richmond near the court house), WeenieQueenie does serve up a great hot dog.  MAES is particularly fond of the one with the sauerkraut and great mustard.... O0

Posted · Report post

SP, I see you're in Louisiana, so what's your status?  Also, what's the other state that you are going to do?

I was planning on crossing the border at Slidell to Mississippi this afternoon but my plans changed so I went for a puzzle cache with a White Jeep.

Posted · Report post

How about a little report on the shape in which you found the roads and bridges around New Orleans Sockpuppet?

Posted · Report post

The major freeways and roads are fine.  Most of the street are passable but with lots of temporary stop sign.

Posted · Report post

TOOT, TOOT I hit 300 today.  ;D

Hockey Man has been on half of the caches he got to 150.  O0

Posted · Report post

Way to go OHL Hockey Guy. Good going.

I like the cache you chose for your 300th too. We appreciate that.

Posted · Report post

TOOT, TOOT I hit 300 today.  ;D

Hockey Man has been on half of the caches he got to 150.  O0

Excellent and congrats to you and the young man!

Pepper

Posted · Report post

Congratulations

to MAES for reaching 300 finds

;D:):D:o::)O0:laugh:

Way to go MAES... I'll tell WeinieQueenie you get a free HOT DOG!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Ooops ::) congrats also to Mrs. Hazelnut and ohlhockey guy. O0

If you are ever in Richmond, (N29°34.929 W095°45.615)  stop by for lunch and tell the proprieter (WeinieQueenie) that you are geocachers! ;D

Posted · Report post

MAES is grateful for all you cachers that hide 'em.  Thanks a bunch.   O0

(and keep 'em coming)