MILESTONES

4,140 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thanks for that, Ohail!  I thought I was going to have to go out and buy a Texas DeLorme Atlas to give a more educated answer.  You would know it takes an Alabaman to do it for me!  :)

An Alabamian with many ties to Texas.  (Texas is only behind Alabama and Florida in my number of finds by state as well.)

I am slowly but surely working on the Texas County Challenge. I have 48 counties so far so still a long way to go but not bad for about four trips.  I bought the Texas DeLorme so I could make sure to cover the pages in my quest of counties just in case someone eventually put out a Texas DeLorme Challenge.  :)

Posted · Report post

I am slowly but surely working on the Texas County Challenge. I have 48 counties so far so still a long way to go but not bad for about four trips.  I bought the Texas DeLorme so I could make sure to cover the pages in my quest of counties just in case someone eventually put out a Texas DeLorme Challenge.  :)

Good idea!  (Note to self:  Buy a DeLorme Texas Atlas & Gazetteer)

Posted · Report post

Good idea!  (Note to self:  Buy a DeLorme Texas Atlas & Gazetteer)

Unless the CO doesn't allow previous finds or has a date deadline  ;D

Posted · Report post

My Sixth Edition 2005 Texas DeLorme has maps on pages 26-89.  A quick glance shows both pages 26 and 27 have two map insets each.  Inset one on page 26 is part of Dallam County. Inset two on page 26 has Hansford and Ochiltree Counties.  Inset one on page 27 has Sherman County in addition to part of Dallam County.  Inset two is Lipscomb County.  Part of Dallam County is on pages 28 and 29 as well.  This means one might need another find in Dallam County depending on which page the first one is on. 

I think it would depend on how the cache owner wrote the requirements whether one needs a find on each inset on a page or not.

Page 89 is mostly Padre Island National Seashore down to South Padre Island and around Laguna Atascosa NWR.

Then there are pages like 80 where a find in Matagorda, Brazoria, part of Fort Bend or part of Wharton Counties would qualify for that page.

So after looking at these few pages, it would take a minimum of 63 finds for Texas depending on how the requirements are written and one who has finished the Texas Counties Challenge may or may not have all the pages.

There are 69 squares in the table of contents for Texas with duplicates as OHail mentions above and what I mention below.

Another note is that page 62 has 2 different areas also – one including the city of El Paso and the other just southeast of the city which is a pretty desolate area only having 2 caches in the whole area and one of them requires 4x4. Might be best to have one cache for both areas or 2 caches in either of the areas qualify for both areas. A requirement for one in each may be a tall order for most cachers.

There are 2 Texas Delormes, a 2005 edition and the latest one was published in 2000. From what I can tell they have the same mapping areas

I have been working on a Texas Delorme Challenge, Southeast Texas Quad Challenge and a Major League Baseball Stadium Challenge for a while and have the kinks out of most of them. I may have to run some questions by everyone.

post-227-131759833229_thumb.jpg

post-227-131759833235_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Congratulations Baytown Bert on 100 Hides! O0  I have enjoyed all of the wild locales, and interesting terrain your caches have brought me to.  I have to say I have had some crazy geocaching adventures while searching for your caches!

I can be long winded  so I will sum up the most memorable of those adventures in just three words: Bees, Mud, Police  :D 

Now that I have found them all as of 11:15pm last night, thanks for the caches and no thanks for the chiggers! Please feel free to start working on the next 100  ;)

Posted · Report post

I love it!  Milestones for HIDES!!!  You da MAN Bert!  100 hides!!!

Posted · Report post

SNOOGANS just passed 300 recently

I'm closing in on 1000 going into my 9th year of caching in March. Just 40 + to go.. (A little behind in logging.) ;D;)

Just 19 more hides to get to 3 digits. :)

Posted · Report post

SNOOGANS just passed 300 recently

I'm closing in on 1000 going into my 9th year of caching in March. Just 40 + to go.. (A little behind in logging.) ;D;)

Just 19 more hides to get to 3 digits. :)

They say slow and steady wins the race.  In this case, though, maybe not...

Yeah, yeah, I know it's not a race.  Pre-congratulations, Snoogans!  :laugh:

Posted · Report post

For those that make it to the HGS event tomorrow night at 9er's you will get to share in Hockey Man's 1700th cache.

Way to go my boy!!

Posted · Report post

For those that make it to the HGS event tomorrow night at 9er's you will get to share in Hockey Man's 1700th cache.

Way to go my boy!!

Congrats Hockey Man!

Posted · Report post

I get a real kick out of watching him find caches. He is good at that.

Posted · Report post

Congratulations, cachestacker, on 2,300 finds! Good hunting (and hiding), Kevin!

Posted · Report post

Congratulations to Criffree on 2500 finds!

Posted · Report post

Congrats to all!

Sockpuppet, that was nice of you to think of MedTexPlacer.  I'm sure he appreciates it!  O0  ::)

Posted · Report post

Congrats Criffree and MedTexPlacer - 2500 each.

Posted · Report post

[glow=red,2,300]Congrats to Kirbydox on 7k! [/glow]  O0

Of course, she's probably at 8k and just not done logging yet.  :D

Posted · Report post

Congratulations to everyone who has reached new milestones!

Posted · Report post

Congratulations to everyone who has reached new milestones!

Ditto

Posted · Report post

CONGRATS STIRFRIE ON 200 FINDS I WAS WITH YOU FOR A CHUNK OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Congrats Kirbydox!  You should get double credit for My Chains Are Gone

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk