JaMPrindle

TB that has traveled the furthest?

Hey everyone,

Mrs. JaM and I picked up a TB (TBKFFN) today in Flordia while on our way to her parents.  I just looked up the TB which is attached to a Grizzly Bear.  This bear has travel over 6685 miles from his release point in Denmark.  Will anyone be going West in the next month?

I was wondering what is the most traveled TB you have seen or owned?

JaM

The only one we own that has not been lost/stolen has 23996.6mi on it, including a recent hop from Amsterdam to Australia.  We got worried when one cacher held it for 8 months, but all was well.  My wife's take on it is that you should be able to go to wherever your TBs get to go to.  This one ("Bashful No More") has been to many European countries and now to Australia.  She is quite jealous.

The only one we own that has not been lost/stolen has 23996.6mi on it, including a recent hop from Amsterdam to Australia.  We got worried when one cacher held it for 8 months, but all was well.  My wife's take on it is that you should be able to go to wherever your TBs get to go to.  This one ("Bashful No More") has been to many European countries and now to Australia.  She is quite jealous.

All you had to do was attach the TB to your wife.  But then it might get a little cold waiting for the next cacher to move her along! ;D

Hey Lissette,

Linden has something to say....

All you had to do was attached the TB to your wife.  But then it might get a little cold waiting for the next cacher to move her along! ;D

Our fartherest made it 13302 miles before being lost somewhere in New York. a little over 2 years ago.  :-\

It got to visit Hawaii along it travels. 

My Team NAB geocoin has logged the most for me at 9,045 miles and it was only released back in the fall on my trip to Canada! (I was given the coin by Team NAB when I met them on our way through Maine to Canada!  It has been to Mexico and back up to the other side of Canada (British Columbia) since leaving a cache I dropped it in in Ohio on our way home from Canada.  :)

Second for me is Hot! Hot! Hot! A mini bottle of tabasco sauce from a trip to Averys Island, LA Tabasco factory..it has traveled over 6,000 miles and is in England at present.

Zephyr

Bashful No More just moved from Australia to South Africa.  32152.5 miles in just over 5 years.

My farthest traveler has gone 10.8K. I have seen virtual TBs with hundreds of thousands of miles. One recently with over 750K.

Jeremy outlawed virtual Travel Bugs about 3 years ago.  Mine is now on Snoogans' refrigerator door.  Before I could use it again I (rather Snoogans) had to delete massive number of logs.  As I recall it had about 400,000 miles on it when it was locked.

My farthest traveled one has 17K miles on it ONLY because it has been in the hands of the same cacher since Oct 07, who took it to Paris and back to Colorado with him.  He has been holding on to it to achieve its mission. 

I'll have to do some looking to see which one I have moved/discovered with the most miles...

OK, I flipped through my history, and interestingly enough, the bug with the most miles I have moved is one I have right now, Hurricane G., with 30K.  It went some interesting places - up the northeastern states, then to UK, Sweden, Spain, Germany, China, then back to the midwest and western states before coming here.  Its mission was to head back to Miami and it hasn't been back to Florida since, but I was going to take it there in two weeks.  Wonder if it will keep traveling after its gets there....

My farthest traveler has gone 10.8K. I have seen virtual TBs with hundreds of thousands of miles. One recently with over 750K.

Jeremy outlawed virtual Travel Bugs about 3 years ago.  Mine is now on Snoogans' refrigerator door.  Before I could use it again I (rather Snoogans) had to delete massive number of logs.  As I recall it had about 400,000 miles on it when it was locked.

Explain how exactly a virtual travel bug worked....

Hawaii Bound, which has never made it to Hawaii, but had 3 countries and is now in Denmark has 16,364, but my 2006 Geocacheearth coin that I dropped in Ireland has more at 17,190. Both have been out in circulation less than 2 years.

Explain how exactly a virtual travel bug worked....

Did you read "The Rules" on my CyberBug?  I left them for historical purposes.  If you look at the picture, you can see some scrambled numbers where the bug number would be.  Originally, when it was a virtual bug, the bug numbers were there -- not scrambled.  Since anybody who went to the bug page could see the tracking numbers, they could choose any cache anywhere in the world and drop the bug there.  The next person picks it up there and drops it in any other cache in the world.  I kind of wish I'd kept a copy of its travels.  My rules said a given cacher could only move it once.  Some people did not put that restriction and a person could spend all night moving such a virtual bug from place to place.