• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw

Four Cache Loop - Lets set a date

Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you   67 votes

1. 1. Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you

• October 8
    • October 15
    • October 22
    • October 29

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

192 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

he he he, I found my archive from when I found it and counted the "river" crossings.  I only counted them if they had running water in them.

To let everyone know, when I went out last weekend only Boswell Creek had water in it.  All the other smaller drainages were relatively dry.  We've had a small rain this week but I don't think it would have much affect.  Just watch your step going in & out of the gullies.

Nice map Dave!

:D TD

Posted · Report post

Just watch your step going in & out of the gullies.

Someone somewhere has a picture of me after I slid down the gully that had turned to liquid clay.  I hope there are lots of cameras on the trip!  Make sure Ty gets a group shot from the archery stand!

Posted · Report post

Just watch your step going in & out of the gullies.

Someone somewhere has a picture of me after I slid down the gully that had turned to liquid clay.  I hope there are lots of cameras on the trip!  Make sure Ty gets a group shot from the archery stand!

He can't go  :(. But I'm sure one of us will have a timer on our camera!

Posted · Report post

I took GQ's advise and ran out to get the Camelbak on sale at REI. When I was there at lunch today, there were 5 purple and 1 charcoal. Thanks for the heads up.

Is anyone doing anything special because of hunting season? Not sure if we needed to be in dayglo orange!!  :D

gsguru

Posted · Report post

I took GQ's advise and ran out to get the Camelbak on sale at REI. When I was there at lunch today, there were 5 purple and 1 charcoal. Thanks for the heads up.

Is anyone doing anything special because of hunting season? Not sure if we needed to be in dayglo orange!!   :D

gsguru

Day Glo orange won't go with my ensemble  :D. Anyway, Ty_Dolney says its not as important right now because its bow season not gun season.

Posted · Report post

:D  :D  I keep thinking about hiking, water, lack of facilities....  O0  O0

Thank goodness I am a GS Leader and trained for EVERYTHING..... Just a side note to the ladies, need to consider this when packing your stuff...  ;)

Posted · Report post

Too bad Danny77459 :) can't go.  Someone will have to climb 30' into the stand to get the group shot!  ;D

Posted · Report post

Too bad Danny77459 :) can't go.  Someone will have to climb 30' into the stand to get the group shot!   ;D

Well I know one person who WON'T be able to do it  :-\

Posted · Report post

have climbing skills, will travel

Posted · Report post

Finally got someone to cover for me ... count two more from TTF, we are ready to go  .... gunna read all the posts ...

Posted · Report post

Is there a total head count anywhere?

Are all bringing radios?

Is it 8am? Sat? ... meeting waypoint?

Posted · Report post

Are all bringing radios?

We would suggest that those that have radios take them. When we scheduled the mass assault last spring, we found radios to be a huge help in keeping the large group "together". We had hikers of all speeds, and the radios allowed everyone to hike at there own pace, without feeling like they needed to slow down for others or speed up. The group was able to stay intouch, and that made the experience very enjoyable.

Posted · Report post

Its all on the front page.. ;)

Posted · Report post

As much as this is killing me I have to back out of this event and it is certainely not my idea.  Last Sunday while caching I had an accident ( I am ok) but on  bedrest waiting for3 ribs to heal and my DR will not release me so that I can go.  Actually I think my husband paid her off.  :D  So have a great time, take lot of pictures and be safe

Posted · Report post

Sorry to hear that, TK.  We will take lots of pictures and imagine the whole trip your hiking right with us.  Hope to see you soon, and I hope you recover quickly so you can get right back on the horse. 

Posted · Report post

Thanks RERs and remember do not tell them how to solve the puzzle even if they beg for it >:D:D

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I decided to re-solve it, because I didn't want to be stuck out there, though I am sure Tx Secsy will have it done right.  I hope we aren't trying to redo the coords in the woods out there, I already did that once and it wasn't fun.  As for giving them away, I promise no cheating.  I hope to be out your way soon, I'll let you know when and we can do a cache lunch or something, haha, a mini-impromptu.  See ya soon.

Posted · Report post

Are all bringing radios?

We would suggest that those that have radios take them. When we scheduled the mass assault last spring, we found radios to be a huge help in keeping the large group "together". We had hikers of all speeds, and the radios allowed everyone to hike at there own pace, without feeling like they needed to slow down for others or speed up. The group was able to stay intouch, and that made the experience very enjoyable.

I don't have radios. Do I need to get some? What do ya'll think? I am going to be a single and don't want to be "left behind!!"  :)

Posted · Report post

We don't have radios....and GSGuru...u won't get left behind

and TTF....glad to hear that!

TKTrekker you'll be MISSED BUNCHES! Get well soon!

Posted · Report post

I have more than one radio, I'm sure others will as well.  I don't think you should go out and purchase some just for this hike, unless you see your self using them in the future for something.  Two or three would be more than enough and I think we will have at least that many. 

Posted · Report post

I doubt you guys will be separated as you regroup at each waypoint.  The only time our group separated was for a geowyz break.

Posted · Report post

I doubt you guys will be separated as you regroup at each waypoint.  The only time our group separated was for a geowyz break.

SP....when you gonna give in and go with us?

Posted · Report post

Have you all mentioned this group cache on TXGA? Thumpmeister might see it and decide to join the group for her 5TH!!!!!!!! time doing FCL.

Just a thought

Posted · Report post

Have you all mentioned this group cache on TXGA? Thumpmeister might see it and decide to join the group for her 5TH!!!!!!!! time doing FCL.

Just a thought

no  :( I didn't think about it....did anyone else?

Posted · Report post

Just dropping another note to let ya'll know that I'll be showing up at 8AM Saturday morning.  I have 2 radios, if I can remember to get them.  I'm making a lunch dash to Oshmans to see if I can find a camelbak.  OH and instead of all high protein snacks, I'm bringing CHOCOLATE, for a pick-me-up!  :o 

Can anyone tell me if the camelbak will fit under a backpack very well? 

As far as puzzles, I'm horrible at them so I usually skip them, but I'll see what I can come up with on this one.

I can't wait for Saturday, See ya'll then!  ;D

Thunor