• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Logs on Multis...

5 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am reading some past logs on a multi I am thinking about doing at Garner State park next weekend and noticed a couple of cachers put that they only found the first one and LOGGED A FIND!! Seriously, do they NOT know what a multi is? Is plainly states that it is a 3-stage multi..... grrrr

Posted · Report post

Everyone plays their own way.  One of my WTC caches that requires 5 different cache types in 5 different counties was claimed by someone with 35 or so finds (in Harris and Galveston counties). 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Someone recently logged my Reliant Center multi as found with the comment "Found the first stage".  He also posted a blatant spoiler picture of stage one.  He emailed me to verify the final coords, but commented that they were in George Bush Park.  He had the correct coords, but the final in NOT in GBP, it is only a couple of blocks from Reliant.  I asked him to only log a find once he signed the log at the final and to remove his spoiler picture.  He said OK, but didn't do it, so after 24 hours I deleted his log.

Harsh?  Maybe so, but I didn't want the spoiler picture out there.  I mean, ...seriously???

ZHR, I've had a few newbies log a couple of my challenge caches without even coming close to qualifying.  I figure they're using the phone app, don't read the cache page, found a log and signed it.... badda boom, badda bing!  I emailed them to explain how it worked and most of the time they changed their log to a note.  The ones that didn't --- DELETE!

Edited by HoustonControl

Posted · Report post

ZHR, I've had a few newbies log a couple of my challenge caches without even coming close to qualifying.  I figure they're using the phone app, don't read the cache page, found a log and signed it.... badda boom, badda bing!  I emailed them to explain how it worked and most of the time they changed their log to a note.  The ones that didn't --- DELETE!

Exactly.  Ditto Galveston - especially over spring break.  Some very receptive and appreciative.  Some deleted.

Posted · Report post

Everyone plays their own way.  One of my WTC caches that requires 5 different cache types in 5 different counties was claimed by someone with 35 or so finds (in Harris and Galveston counties).

DELETE I say, DELETE!!!! *shaking angry fist at sky*