• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw

TXGA Representative Position is up for election

10 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The Southeast Texas Representative position will be up for election in March.   While I have enjoyed and been honored to be your rep,  I will not be running again.

So please start thinking of who you would like to nomination.

Posted · Report post

I think Baytown Bert would be a good candidate too. Bert already performs the duties listed in #7.2.3. He's been pretty diligent about updating the events calendar lately on this forum too.

From the TXGA By-Laws:

7.2 Responsibilities 

7.2.1 Regional Representatives are responsible for performing all TXGA initiatives at the 
regional level. 

7.2.2 Regional Representatives are responsible for directly working with TXGA Directors 
to support the goals of TXGA at the regional level. 

7.2.3 Regional Representatives are responsible for maintaining a sense of community 
for TXGA and each of their regions by hosting Geocaching Events and CITOs and 
communicating through their region’s preferred means. 

Posted · Report post

My Bride has given me the okay to offer myself up for candidacy, but it's what everyone thinks is best that counts. :smitten:

Kirbydox, 2katz, green-eyed and 3 others like this

Posted · Report post

I think Donna's idea is excellent. I second it... :-)

JuleeD likes this

Posted · Report post

Events hosted.

CITOs hosted.

Classes taught.

Community outreached.

Caches hidden.

Calendars updated.

Active forum discussion.

Willingness to do it.

I fully support Baytown Bert for SETX Rep.  In fact, I can't think of a better person for the job.

Posted · Report post

I think Baytown Bert would be a good candidate too. Bert already performs the duties listed in #7.2.3. He's been pretty diligent about updating the events calendar lately on this forum too.

From the TXGA By-Laws:

7.2 Responsibilities 

7.2.1 Regional Representatives are responsible for performing all TXGA initiatives at the 
regional level. 

7.2.2 Regional Representatives are responsible for directly working with TXGA Directors 
to support the goals of TXGA at the regional level. 

7.2.3 Regional Representatives are responsible for maintaining a sense of community 
for TXGA and each of their regions by hosting Geocaching Events and CITOs and 
communicating through their region’s preferred means. 

7.2.3.1 Regional Representatives must cache commando.

Wrote this one in to seal the deal for Baytown Bert
Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

My Bride has given me the okay to offer myself up for candidacy, but it's what everyone thinks is best that counts. :smitten:

Awesome 

Posted (edited) · Report post

If you would like to vote for Bert or any other position that will be up for election then you must be a member (HMMM Cachestacker comes to mind)

For the new people on HGCS, I also wanted to let you know that I am the president of the TXGA (Texas Geocaching Association).  TXGA.net  We host two events each year.  The Texas Challenge and the Lone Star Round Up.  Check us out on the website and facebook as well.  We offer a few membership levels with the $15 level you receive a geocoin and pathtag.  This years is very cool and unique.  I challenge you to go look at the site and see what it has to offer.  

Edited by log dawgs
JuleeD likes this