• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw

CLAPS Holiday Lights Nighttime Paddle Event & CITO

161 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Two great events you don't want to miss -- mark your calendars!!

Bay Area Park - Clear Lake.  Saturday, December 14th.

First, we'll start off with a CITO at 4:30 p.m.  This event is for everyone!  Come do a good deed and help CITO the park and/or the bayou before (and during) the paddle event.  Those pesky raccoons (there are a LOT in Bay Area Park) trash the place pretty good.  If you're paddling you can continue CITOing on the water.

CITO:  http://coord.info/GC4NMFR

Next:  The long anticipated 2013 Nighttime Paddle Event.  Our 4th annual installment of this event promises to be very fun!  The event is called:  CLAPS - Holiday Lights Nighttime Paddle Event 2013.  We are getting festive this year and encourage everyone to do the same.  Decorate yourself.  Decorate your yak.  Go over the top on both.  Then we'll parade out into the bayou all festive with our boats lit up.

Everyone is welcome to come send us off and see the lights and fun, but you need to sign the log to log this event.  We'll have a special log at GZ for everyone to sign.  Everyone who signs the log will get something very special this year.  Additionally, we'll have a few prizes for the most festive and best-lit yaks/canoes and cachers.   You DO NOT want to miss this event!  Make plans now and get out on the water!

We'll meet at the boat launch at Bay Area Park between 5:15 and 5:30ish, and will be there as some of you stragglers come racing in at the last minute.  But be aware:  we will launch at 6:00 p.m. sharp!  So get there early.  CITO.  And make sure you have time to get your gear all set up properly before the event!

If you've never been on the water, go to the October Fall Paddle event if you can.  But even if you can't - get out on the water for this one!

CLAPS - Holiday Lights Nighttime Paddle Event 2013 cache page:  http://coord.info/GC4NNWN

Paddlers - please log will-attends for the paddle event so we can plan accordingly!

2katz and TexasWriter like this

Posted · Report post

Blam!

Posted · Report post

You boyz and girlz better "bring it"on those lights! I promises the ISS folks they'd be able to see us floating from out their windows !! ;)

Posted · Report post

The BFFs have considerable upgrade for 2013 parade floa...I mean yak

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Blast!!! I'm out of town  the country, at my sister-in-laws wedding....  :disappoint:

Posted · Report post

Blast!!! I'm out of town  the country, at my sister-in-laws wedding....  :disappoint:

Have you considered asking her to rescheudle?  There is time.  :2funny:

Baytown Bert and ATMA like this

Posted · Report post

Seriously? I have! But now I'm looking at my divorce-papers :(

(not really, guys! But I'm pretty sure I would get in trouble if I tried getting out of the wedding)

Posted · Report post

Seriously? I have! But now I'm looking at my divorce-papers :(

(not really, guys! But I'm pretty sure I would get in trouble if I tried getting out of the wedding)

DOH!

Dhaulaghiri likes this

Posted · Report post

Blast!!! I'm out of town the country, at my sister-in-laws wedding.... :disappoint: Have you considered asking her to rescheudle? There is time. :2funny: Seriously? I have! But now I'm looking at my divorce-papers :( (not really, guys! But I'm pretty sure I would get in trouble if I tried getting out of the wedding)
Ask them to guarantee that neither the bride nor groom will attempt in the future to getting out of the wedding!
Dhaulaghiri likes this

Posted (edited) · Report post

oh hello...  you just might see me in this uber awesome hat...

7489_1.jpg

Edited by green-eyed

Posted · Report post

Be careful going under the bridges

Posted · Report post

Well, it did say to go over the top...

Posted · Report post

I've got a second hat in mind too.  my slightly shorter sidekick might make me wear the second idea and he wears the tree hat... Kennethb might regret being in a canoe with powerdog02 and I with our decorations on our heads.  :crazy2:

Posted · Report post

Kennethb has no idea what he's in for with you two.

green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

there's a chance he could tell his daughter to stop sitting next to the strange redhead in class... I've been fairly "normal" at scout meetings around him.  :tinfoil:

Posted · Report post

7489_1.jpg

Why are teeth the first thing I notice about a person? Take old snaggletooth BB for example....

Posted · Report post

now that you mention it, her teeth are quite large. 

Posted · Report post

7489_1.jpg

Why are teeth the first thing I notice about a person? Take old snaggletooth BB for example....

Yeah, I noticed that too..... think she may be BB's long lost sister ;)?

Posted · Report post

I noticed that she had red hair and green eyes.  Well, greenish...

Posted · Report post

And she could eat corn on the cob through a picket fence.... :)

Posted (edited) · Report post

Yea, but she sure can whistle. :laugh:

Edited by Baytown Bert
TexasWriter likes this

Posted · Report post

Some inspiration.

111203-005-sRGB_1024res_wm.jpg

Posted · Report post

was that from the boat parade?  I was on a sailboat (winning one, no less) for quite a few years with former in-laws.

Posted · Report post

It seems like a boat parade.  Maybe a parade of 2.  But no -- not from here.