• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw

Newbies shooting from the hip

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Used to think that about RR tracks, too, but found one recently 50'-60' from active tracks. 

green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

Am I the only one a bit worried  concerned about the cache that got posted last night that is on the Highway 146 bridge between Seabrook and Kemah? I always thought placing hides on highway bridges was a no-no.

i've gone skydiving and stern jumping on a ship in a hurricane, but i'm not walking up the kemah bridge.  mostly because i wouldn't do it alone and i definitely wouldn't do it with my 10 yr old sidekick.

Posted · Report post

I'll drop you off and circle back for ya.  Sign my name.  :2funny:

green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

i'm feeling the love here... :wub:

Posted (edited) · Report post

Juleed wrote me this morning and told me someone hid one on top of the Kemah Bridge. I saw it post and only noted it was down that way. On a good note, that bridge is ran every day by a lot of people. I'll go get it.

Oh look: amberita13 GC4KE7F ▼ Dancing with Myself

Edited by Baytown Bert

Posted · Report post

Don't get me wrong, I have rode my bike over the Kemah bridge on more than one occassion (a friend said "meet at T-bone Tom's" when he really meant "Tookies") so I'll more than likely end up getting this cache one of these days as well, but based upon how much traffic there is on that bridge and the speed that people take that bridge when traffic is flowing.. it's not exactly something I would say is safe for anyone with children in tow in the slightest.

Posted · Report post

Sounds like some of the knuckleheads from the defunct anti-geocaching site have found a new way to be annoying.

Posted · Report post

another cache hidden by someone with no finds? http://coord.info/GC4KD5W

A 'glass' jar ?   Yikes! 

Yeah, the knucklehead that FTF'ed it suggested they consider changing out the container. Didn't help that it was 8 feet up in the crook of a tree right over a narrow strip of dirt that had concrete on both sides. Oh, and did I mention there was a sheet of some sort of chewable antacid in the container? Fail all the way around...

green-eyed likes this

Posted · Report post

the glass jar in LC was suggested that the 2 piece mason jar lid was a bit difficult to maneuver in such a high muggle area received a response that that was part of the challenge...

powerdog02 and I pulled out a travel size can of AXE spray deodorant from one of ATMAs caches this weekend.  missing a lid.  and in the Houston heat???  i'm surprised it hadn't busted yet and made a mess everywhere.   

Posted · Report post

The wife rides over the bridge with her biking group all the time, so I don't think it's a big deal.  Odd, though, when PR refused to publish an aaronbarbee cache on a bridge over Goose Creek -- a much, much smaller and less heavily traveled bridge than the Kemah bridge -- citing the "no caches on vital public structures" guideline.

Hey, who remembers finding This Cache?

Mr Muddy Buddy likes this

Posted · Report post

I logged that one in 2003. 

Posted · Report post

This new version if Tapatalk is messed up. Anyway - I was trying to say that I usually save close by caches for my streaking, but based on TW post on that new montrose cache I made sure to get it yesterday. It's only around for a limited time only.