• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw

August Souvenirs

61 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've managed to do it for 14 days, but going out for these 5-10 mile bike rides in this heat every day is getting old.  I've even had to resort to LPCs, which I normally avoid like the plague, but still refuse to climb on playground equipment.  Normally I must sign the log before I take credit, but the other day I injured myself climbing a tree and logged the cache anyway, hoping the CO would take pity on a short guy in his mid-70s.  I promised not to litigate for my injury.  Fortunately, tomorrow is my meals on wheels delivery day so I can drive to a cache without wasting gas (another thing I refuse to do when geocaching).  Good luck to all of you that are accepting this challenge.  It's going to get tougher. [:D]

Posted · Report post

I'm still 14/14 and except for a few muggles this morning the going has been fairly easy for me.

Posted · Report post

I've managed to do it for 14 days, but going out for these 5-10 mile bike rides in this heat every day is getting old.  I've even had to resort to LPCs, which I normally avoid like the plague, but still refuse to climb on playground equipment.  Normally I must sign the log before I take credit, but the other day I injured myself climbing a tree and logged the cache anyway, hoping the CO would take pity on a short guy in his mid-70s.  I promised not to litigate for my injury.  Fortunately, tomorrow is my meals on wheels delivery day so I can drive to a cache without wasting gas (another thing I refuse to do when geocaching).  Good luck to all of you that are accepting this challenge.  It's going to get tougher. [ :D]

What's the name of this tree-climbing excursion? I'm feeling monkey-ish  ;D

(On a less lighter note, I hope some rest & other OTC solutions have brought you some relief & it's not more serious)

Posted · Report post

Day before yesterday we encountered another cacher at the cache. It was neat! I've launched a few more trackables.

Keep up the good work, and if you come to an event you'll meet a Lot more cachers ;)

We've been to a few a while back, couple of Flying Saucers and a couple down here in the SugarLand area. Now that we have the Rim to Rim to pontificate about, maybe we should look and see what's coming up. :D

--Q

Posted · Report post

21 days complete, 10 to go

Posted · Report post

21 days complete, 10 to go

Likewise!

Posted · Report post

I'm earning my souvenirs via FTF's. I've been doing cache-a-day for quite awhile now, so I wanted to up the challenge a bit for myself so I could feel the pain right along with everyone else. Lol. It helps that so many caches published in my area while we were on our honeymoon. My general hunting radius was waaaaay too far out before that. I hope everyone is enjoy this fun August challenge. It sure has brought some people (and caches) out of the woodwork.

Posted · Report post

It seems the flag series turned out to be something people have enjoyed for this challenge. I enjoy reading the logs and knowing I could help others.  I have to drive a bit further on some but we keep finding them day by day.

TexasWriter likes this

Posted · Report post

It seems the flag series turned out to be something people have enjoyed for this challenge. I enjoy reading the logs and knowing I could help others.  I have to drive a bit further on some but we keep finding them day by day.

Yep, the flags were perfectly timed, me thinks. I know it was frustrating for you that PR held onto a big chunk of them for three weeks, but it still bore good fruit. I know it was painful for me to see all of them publishing around my home area while I was in Colorado. Lol

Posted (edited) · Report post

LOL, I had one that needed moving so unless someone out there was counting no one knows there is still one to be published.  I found a new home last night for it and will submit the new coords tonight.... so you FTF chasers will have an opportunity for another one.... well, depending how long it takes to publish it might count for this month - or maybe not.

Edited by chefkimmo