• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hackers!

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Which one of you was trying to hack my account last night twice from an Anonymous IP address? Was it you Bert?

Geocaching

12:31 AM (8 hours ago)

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

This is an automated email from Groundspeak in response to a password reset request for user Log Dawgs from IP address 173.254.216.69.

Please visit the following page to reset your password:

This link will expire in 3 days. If you would like to generate a new password reset request after that time, please visit No changes will be made to your account if you choose to ignore this email notification.

Cheers,

The Groundspeak Team

profile_mask2.png

Geocaching

12:40 AM (7 hours ago)

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

This is an automated email from Groundspeak in response to a password reset request for user Log Dawgs from IP address 216.243.58.198.

Please visit the following page to reset your password:

cleardot.gif

Edited by log dawgs

Posted · Report post

I noticed something strange yesterday with geocaching.com (that the system had logged me out, and then didn't want to let me log back in for a couple of attempts).

Posted · Report post

LOL  I was in bed at 8pm.  It was probably Aaron Barbee!  :angel:

Posted · Report post

First ip is a host in Los Angeles CA. The second from from Seattle WA Guess that rules out your Boxers playing a gag while you're out...

Posted (edited) · Report post

I got all bu the last three digits of your password before I gave up: IAMTHEPRESID___

Edited by Baytown Bert
davarle and Cache Control like this

Posted · Report post

When I went to GC.com yesterday morning, I had to log back in as well. That is very rare to have to do that but there were no PW Reset requests.

I noticed something strange yesterday with geocaching.com (that the system had logged me out, and then didn't want to let me log back in for a couple of attempts).

Posted · Report post

Thanks Kenny. I had both as anonymous.

Posted · Report post

Me using McDonalds and the Books a million seemed to hide my trail. Glad ya let me know Brent. Now I can take over the world with out a trace. < evil laugh>

Posted · Report post

I got all bu the last three digits of your password before I gave up: IAMTHEPRESID___

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:  :2funny:

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

I think it may very well be someone that knows you and is some what savvy.

Both of those IP addresses are TOR routers. 

I think someone is just messing with you. It's kind of funny actually.

Either way probably a good time to reset your password on both your GC account and your email account that GC sends email to.

Posted · Report post

Brent, I admit it. I was trying to hack your account so that I could go into your finds and give favorite points to all of my hides that you've found since you didn't do it. :coolsmiley:

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Actually I wouldnt be surprised if it was someone I knew but that person didn't like me.  You could probably take a wild guess. 

Oh and Brian I can easily give your hides favorite points just ask if you are that desperate.  Of course you are one of the few people who really don't care that much about being favorited.

Either way probably a good time to reset your password on both your GC account and your email account that GC sends email to.

TexasWriter likes this

Posted · Report post

Brent, I admit it. I was trying to hack your account so that I could go into your finds and give favorite points to all of my hides that you've found since you didn't do it. :coolsmiley:

Forget the favorite points.  I want the solution to his puzzles.

Eagle

Posted · Report post

Actually I wouldnt be surprised if it was someone I knew but that person didn't like me.  You could probably take a wild guess. 

Oh and Brian I can easily give your hides favorite points just ask if you are that desperate.  Of course you are one of the few people who really don't care that much about being favorited.

I wouldn't know where to begin at guessing. I thought everyone loved the president and worshipped the ground he walked on. Except maybe PR....

Posted · Report post

I know I do!  :laugh:

Posted · Report post

\

I wouldn't know where to begin at guessing. I thought everyone loved the president and worshipped the ground he walked on. Except maybe PR....

PR Loves me at least for now.  Yes Brian everyone does bow to the master but thats ok.

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

PR Loves me at least for now.  Yes Brian everyone does bow to the master but thats ok.

I think you're getting too much sun. Or maybe there's another reason for the delusions of grandeur... :2funny: