• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My adventure today

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I was out walking in the woods with my GPS near Riley Fuzzle on Spring Creek looking for this cache http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=381c011e-c9eb-405e-b580-8616d3b30ed0.  After I found it I was bush-waking it back to the trail and I stumbled across this deer blind.80858417-6B78-4D92-81F7-2F53F3F1917B-670

Lots of hog tracks around it and it looks like someone has been using it recently.  I contacted the game wardens and took them to the site and they are going to keep an eye out for any activity in the area.  Please be careful if you are in the area as poachers are general not nice if you stumble upon them. 

Posted · Report post

It could be just a homeless person.

Did not see signs of someone camping but never thought of that could be a homeless person.

Posted · Report post

Is it possible to poach feral hogs now?

Posted · Report post

Is it possible to poach feral hogs now?

You can't shoot anything on a game preserve.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I think you can shoot all the hogs you want, anytime with no limit.  Well, where hunting is normally allowed.  Course, he could be poaching deer.  My first thought when I saw the pic was homeless person too...

Edited by HoustonControl

Posted · Report post

A game preserve does make a difference.  Feral hogs are multiplying at an exponential rate though and will eventually invade the suburbs, eating pets, etc.