• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Short visit to Houston

32 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Can someone comment about the Presidential Series?, I'm thinking that I could try to do the Presidential Series plus the 242 Cache and Dash in one day instead of the GBP.

I'm affraid I can't go to Waco this time.

Posted · Report post

The presidential series is an award winning series that is extremely fun, possibly my favorite in Houston. While there are a lot of caches in the park, I do not consider it a "numbers run" series but rather one that offers a lot of creativity and variety and challenge.

The elements series is an endurance series of soda tubes that can require a lot of stamina IMO.

242 is a good one for car caching two or three cachers is ideal.

Greenway Trail plus Pundt park and Jones is another excellent choice for numbers and fun. But, bicycle is much better.

MXT likes this

Posted · Report post

The presidents series cannot be done by car, bike is your best option. Plan on spending 5-6 hours to collect all the caches.

Eagle

Posted · Report post

Woo hoo!! What a tremendous wealth of information for a returnee to the area and the sport!!!! Can't wait to get started!!!

Posted · Report post

Can someone comment about the Presidential Series?, I'm thinking that I could try to do the Presidential Series plus the 242 Cache and Dash in one day instead of the GBP.

I also added 20 or so new caches north of the Pres series. Total now in the forest about 65 or so. Make sure you add Dolphin Pod to your PQ it is disabled but still there. I am also replacing 18 and 36 this weekend. It is a 10-12 mile hike or bike round trip on mostly flat wide trails. There are 5 puzzles in the forest so make sure you do FTFC 88 as well. Only two thick bushwhacks out of all the caches. 3 Letterboxes, a multi and every size cache you can find including 7 or 8 of those elusive large containers. Many ammo cans as well a few surprises not to be missed.

MXT likes this

Posted · Report post

Just to let you know that I visited Houston all right, I initiate two cousings of mine in Geocaching. One, AlexpH, lives in the Houston area, the other in Iowa. Both had continue geocaching since I got back to Mexico. Both are premium members now :)

I did not accomplish my goal, only had time to find 110 caches during my visit. But I had a lot of fun. I really liked the caches in the cementeries, also I liked very much the caches and containers in WG Jones State Forest.

I'll visit again someday. Thanks for all your advice.

Posted · Report post

I am honored you picked several of my caches. Hope you enjoyed them and the visit to Houston with your cousins. Welcome abroad cousins.

Note to others: Check their finds around the end of November. MXT's caching name is MXTrekker along with AlexpH and SPASCALIN.