• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

iPhone Battery Drain IOS 6

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I had the battery drain after updating my 4S iPhone to IOS6. One of the options is turning on location services. I have turned it off and the battery drain problem has disappeared. I would suggest you avoid this update until the battery drain problem is fixed. Some claim that a backup restore will fix the problem but I have not tried that yet..

Posted · Report post

I updated mine a week ago and haven't noticed any battery drain issues.

Posted · Report post

I turned off location services and the battery life is better.

Posted · Report post

I have location services turned on for a few apps, like facebook, Untappd, Geocaching, Around Me, etc. Otherwise, the phone doesn't know where I am. I try to shut down apps I'm not using at the time. My phone was 100% charged this morning and still had 69% left at the end of the day, which is pretty good for me.

Posted · Report post

I've been holding out on the update to see what the problems might be. So far the most problematic issue has been in the WiFi. Some phones apparently don't work well with the IOS6, including some a new iPhone 5. I don't think it is very wide spread though.

Posted · Report post

I haven't noticed any issues either. Like HC I have most location services turned off but some apps are on.

Posted · Report post

The biggest issues with IOS 6.....Battery Drain, Maps, and Exchange Mail issues.

Posted · Report post

The biggest issues with IOS 6.....Battery Drain, Maps, and Exchange Mail issues.

What are your Exchange issues? I have not noticed anything wrong there. My battery is okay, I have noticed some days it is lower than before, but other days it is just fine. Agreed that the maps suck, but the navigation it offers is better than the previous google maps.

I have started to use Waze and even put a bookmark in Geosphere to navigate me to GZ. I don't have much testing on that front yet, but it is an interesting option.

Posted · Report post

I have been noticing my iPhone4's battery drain pretty quickly. I really did not notice until Sock Puppet brought it up. If I do not use my phone at all, the phone will stay charged, but if I use if for geocaching, or playing word games and the likes, it drains quickly. I constantly have my iPhone on charge because it does drain pretty quickly. Hopefully they will come up with an update to fix the battery issue.

Posted · Report post

I restored from backup after my upgrade and felt my unit was draining faster than normal. But my only real complaint was my keyboard shortcuts stopped working.

After some brief experimentation, I shutdown my iCloud services and WOW did my battery life go up!

Not sure what is happening, but when I did that my keyboard shortcuts also worked again. Very strange. I haven't had the time to investigate as iCloud isn't very important to me anyway right now. But, I thought I'd share that in case it might help you too.

Posted · Report post

I have started to use Waze and even put a bookmark in Geosphere to navigate me to GZ. I don't have much testing on that front yet, but it is an interesting option.

How did you get Geosphere and Waze to work together? Clicking on "Show in Navigation App" brings up an error message complaining there is no app installed that can handle the URL.

Posted · Report post

iCloud sounds like a fart.

Posted · Report post

All in all, I can't complain about battery life in the iPhone 5. I think it is actually better than the 4. Just an observation, not scientifically tested or anything. I do have auto brightness turned on and I think that helps. I don't use the icloud either.

Posted · Report post

There is a new small update that is supposed to fix some Exchange issues
georeyna likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm having the wifi issues. Completely greyed out and, not matter what I do, I can't get it to work. Off to the Sprint store tomorrow... :(