Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Houston GeoCaching Society Geocoins

86 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I released 27 of the coins in my HGCS People: series -- each named after a long-time HGCS member.  They've been traveling for 6 months or so and some have moved quite a bit.  HGCS People: PARKERPLUS is in Korea and HGCS People: WTT-B2 is in The Netherlands.  Others have spread out across the US and Canada, though a clump still remain in the Houston area.  Several have already gone missing.  Of the 27, 7 currently reside in the hands of cachers with an average of 16 finds each.  Most of those were picked up as their first or second trackable ever and they quit caching shortly thereafter.  For one cacher, it was his first and only find!  I've sent emails to all of them, but based on past experience, I don't hold out much hope of success.

Here's a map showing the coins' current or last known location:

b45791e2-501a-4fa5-b555-c2ce844ae51e.jpg

Edited by HoustonControl
ATMA likes this

[quote name="HoustonControl" post="119951" timestamp="1360857481"] Here's a map showing the coins' current or last known location: b45791e2-501a-4fa5-b555-c2ce844ae51e.jpg[/quote] ??? Edit to add: Ok, for some reasin the map was not showing on my laptop but it does on tapatalk. Go figure Edited by Eagles1181

Posted · Report post

Gosh, I hate when the coins go missing.  Great map of the geocoins traveling the area!!  Do you include the coins that people buy from you as well?  I have released a few.

Posted · Report post

Gosh, I hate when the coins go missing.  Great map of the geocoins traveling the area!!  Do you include the coins that people buy from you as well?  I have released a few.

Nah, this is just a map of the HGCS People coins I released.  I sure wish newbies wouldn't grab coins out of caches if they're not going to stick with it.  6 coins are in the hands of cachers with less than 20 finds and who haven't logged in in months.

Posted · Report post

I feel honored to have a HGCS coin in my name! I had no idea. The coin is in the hands of a cacher in Mississippi.

ATMA likes this

Posted · Report post

Looks like ours has made it to Georgetown Texas and is still alive.

Nice map Larry.

Posted · Report post

Nice map Larry.

The Daytripper is doing their season Finale in Georgetown.

Posted · Report post

It looks like the one in our name is one of the ones that is in the hands of a newbie, but it did get some decent miles first.  

Posted · Report post

Mine also and the dubious fella has 38 finds and hasn't logged in since he mid-December.

Posted · Report post

24 hours since I sent 7 or 8 emails to cachers about the coins and not a single reply.  :(

Posted · Report post

I took one of Berts to Central America and it was then in Germany.  Hope that one is doing ok.

Posted · Report post

Looks like it is in Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany

Posted · Report post

That is a fun show to watch.

Hopefully we will get to see that one. Georgetown is a nice place.

Nice map Larry.

The Daytripper is doing their season Finale in Georgetown.

Posted · Report post

The ATMA one was listed to be in Georgetown the other day but was grabbed today from around Corpus Christi.

Posted · Report post

I did get a reply from the cacher that picked up HGCS People: BaytownBert.  She still has it and promises to move it along soon.  No word from any of the rest.

If she looks up my profile, she'll prolly skip it across a river.  LOL

Posted · Report post

I did get a reply from the cacher that picked up HGCS People: BaytownBert.  She still has it and promises to move it along soon.  No word from any of the rest.

If she looks up my profile, she'll prolly skip it across a river.  LOL

True!!  :2funny:

Posted · Report post

My coin is in Washington, DC!! 

Posted · Report post

Mine went to France and back and just got dropped in a cache in Taiwan.  Got some miles on it with those two trips.  Same person.  Wish they'd have posted a pic. in either place.

I picked up the coin named for benttandem on my last trip to Houston.  I brought it back to Florida and will drop it off on a quick trip to Georgia or the next trip to Scotland.  Neat coin.

Edited by idcacher

Posted · Report post

A few days ago, ours was at an event in San Antonio. It isn't moving too much but at least it is still alive.

Posted · Report post

I still have some for sale, if anyone is interested.  I sold a few on eBay, including one to a Czech cacher, but the last two auctions didn't get any activity.

Posted · Report post

I would be interested in at least two.  I get to Houston about twice a month and could arrange to stop by and pick them up.  I'm normally in the North or Northwest areas.

I still have some for sale, if anyone is interested.  I sold a few on eBay, including one to a Czech cacher, but the last two auctions didn't get any activity.

ATMA likes this

Posted · Report post

I would be interested in a couple

ATMA likes this