Park & Gab-51st Edition

71 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ProMed Rick' timestamp='1341612614' post='115924']
[quote name='davarle' timestamp='1341612209' post='115923']
The manager said that he'd get back to me on the "glassware issue".
Meanwhile, I've been talking to the health inspector for the restaurant for the Park and Gab. Good news! The varmint infestation has improved over the last few days! O0
[/quote]

By improved do you mean the numbers have risen, or that the varmits table manners are getting better?
[/quote]

It’s tough planning any event because you have to think of the what ifs. I’ve planned for what if nobody brings their rubber band balls, or they accidently do bring their horse to the event, even though it clearly states you can’t, but I never for a moment planned on varmint table manners.
In order to keep costs down, I will send just a few varmints to table manner school. Then they can come back and train the rest of them.
Problem solved!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='davarle' timestamp='1341614096' post='115925']
[quote name='ProMed Rick' timestamp='1341612614' post='115924']
[quote name='davarle' timestamp='1341612209' post='115923']
The manager said that he'd get back to me on the "glassware issue".
Meanwhile, I've been talking to the health inspector for the restaurant for the Park and Gab. Good news! The varmint infestation has improved over the last few days! O0
[/quote]

By improved do you mean the numbers have risen, or that the varmits table manners are getting better?
[/quote]

It’s tough planning any event because you have to think of the what ifs. I’ve planned for what if nobody brings their rubber band balls, or they accidently do bring their horse to the event, even though it clearly states you can’t, but I never for a moment planned on varmint table manners.
In order to keep costs down, I will send just a few varmints to table manner school. Then they can come back and train the rest of them.
Problem solved!
[/quote]

Well at least you are willing to admit that your planning was slightly lacking and are taking steps to improve the situation. Unlike your counterparts over at TXGA who not only won't admit their faults, but are trying to sell us a bill of goods that includes telling us we should be thankful that they screwed up. Just like the former residents of [b][color="#000000"]Fukushima[/color][/b] Japan, should be thankful they no longer need nightlights, since they now all glow in the dark!

Posted · Report post

The manager of the Mexican Restaurant for the Park and Gab said something like, "No shoes, no shirt, no cerviche."
I guess that means if you are not going to have cerviche, then shoes and shirts are probably optional.
Although not specifically mentioned by the manager, I am going to suggest that people wear pants.

Posted · Report post

If the chairs have those waffle gridiron seats, OK, pants are a good idea.
Otherwise, let the boys run free.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='davarle' timestamp='1341662820' post='115932']
Although not specifically mentioned by the manager, I am going to suggest that people wear pants.
[/quote]

So... pants are merely a ... suggestion?

Hey! Might have to try to get to this one.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='kianlo' timestamp='1341690776' post='115937']
[quote name='davarle' timestamp='1341662820' post='115932']
[/quote]

So... pants are merely a ... suggestion?

Hey! Might have to try to get to this one.
[/quote]
Oh, yes, you must attend, and if you do, I can't emphasize how important it will be to start hydrating now. After all, the Park and Gab is only 9 days away!

Posted · Report post

Habanero fun facts:

Reduces hot flashes in women.

Increases them in men.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='georeyna' timestamp='1341789773' post='115948']
Habanero fun facts:

Reduces hot flashes in women.

Increases them in men.
[/quote]
I am glad that you have been brushing up on your pepper varieties. You will probably do very well at the Park and Grab test, on page four with the essay question, "The Habanero Pepper- Love 'Em or Leave 'Em?"
Which should not be confused with the question on page seven, "The Jalapeno Pepper- Love 'Em Today, Hate Them Tomorrow?"

Posted · Report post

Wrecked him?!? It damn near killed him!

Posted · Report post

The lawyers for the special insurance policy I had to take out for the Park and Gab wanted me to ask if any of the attendees are allergic to the following:

Shell fish.

Peanuts.

Zebras.

Velcro.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='davarle' timestamp='1341860141' post='115958']
The lawyers for the special insurance policy I had to take out for the Park and Gab wanted me to ask if any of the attendees are allergic to the following:

Shell fish.

Peanuts.

Zebras.

Velcro.
[/quote]

I might be allergic to velcro... every time I put some on, all sorts of stuff starts sticking to me. Can't figure it out.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='kianlo' timestamp='1341866269' post='115959']

Shell fish.

Peanuts.

Zebras.

Velcro.
[/quote]

I might be allergic to velcro... every time I put some on, all sorts of stuff starts sticking to me. Can't figure it out.
[/quote]
Oh, my goodness. Me too! Perhaps we should start a support group.

Posted · Report post

Shell fish.

Peanuts.

Zebras.

Velcro.
[/quote]
Whew, I was worried you'd list pink Flamingators or Latex. Another bullet dodged.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KeyResults' timestamp='1341876024' post='115962']

Shell fish.

Peanuts.

Zebras.

Velcro.
[/quote]
Whew, I was worried you'd list pink Flamingators or Latex. Another bullet dodged.
[/quote]
Don't worry. I will not allow any latex products at the Park and Gab. I can't guarantee that a pink flamingator or two might attend, but, to put your mind at ease, I will have plenty of biohazard bags available for use.

Posted · Report post

I was thinking, instead of the gabbing portion of the event, I should invite a timeshare representative to give us a three hour seminar.
All those in favor? O0

Posted · Report post

[img]http://ak4.picdn.net/shutterstock/videos/697813/preview/stock-footage-looping-emoticon-animation-thumbs-down.jpg[/img]

Posted (edited) · Report post

Really? Thumbs down? You may think that you wouldn't want time share property, but after three hours, a time share in Bangladesh may seem quite appealing. Edited by davarle

Posted · Report post

Unfortunately the doctor who was supposed to be on hand at the Park and Gab to dispense my "try to be normal" medicine will be unavailable, so plan accordingly.

Posted · Report post

Fun fact about the word Tortilla

In Spain, tortilla means an omlet...which I found out after a horrible hangover from Spanish Wine the night before the night before in Madrid Spain. Did not help with the hangover, only water did.

In Mexico, a tortilla is a type of bread, made with flour, baking powder, salt and a bit of lard and *hot* water...as hot as you can tolerate it. Mix everything together, until it forms round dough ball. Pull off pieces from the dough and then form into smaller balls. Once you have completed this, flatten the formed balls by hitting them with the palm of your hand then begin rolling until you get the tortillia into a flat, round size. Throw it on a hot griddle and watch it do it magic. Flip it when one side is browned. Yummy with butter once off the hot griddle!!
KeyResults likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='georeyna' timestamp='1342139016' post='116017']
Fun fact about the word Tortilla

In Spain, tortilla means an omlet...which I found out after a horrible hangover from Spanish Wine the night before the night before in Madrid Spain. Did not help with the hangover, only water did.

In Mexico, a tortilla is a type of bread, made with flour, baking powder, salt and a bit of lard and *hot* water...as hot as you can tolerate it. Mix everything together, until it forms round dough ball. Pull off pieces from the dough and then form into smaller balls. Once you have completed this, flatten the formed balls by hitting them with the palm of your hand then begin rolling until you get the tortillia into a flat, round size. Throw it on a hot griddle and watch it do it magic. Flip it when one side is browned. Yummy with butter once off the hot griddle!!
[/quote]
I love reading your fun facts. Tortillas sound wonderful. Too bad that the Mexican restaurant for the Park and Gab won't be serving any. They decided to go more Tex than Mex, and will be serving biscuits. I complained to the manager, and he agreed that if you ask the waiter, he will substitute the biscuits for English muffins.

Posted · Report post

Help those in need.

Since July 4th had just recently past, those attending the July Park and Gab will have an opportunity to help.
Please bring your gently used fireworks to donate to those in need of used fireworks, and don't forget the coleslaw.

Posted (edited) · Report post

KeyResults fun fact: Spent "Sparkler" wires make good cache hangers that won't rust and vaporize for at least 4 months in a humid environment exposed to the elements. In 4 months you really should go check on your cache anyway. Besides, it's good for you after all those buttery hot tortillas you've been snarfin'

So, there you go. Hoover a few yummy tortillas and then go hang your caches on spent sparkler wires. Gloves help with the soot.

P.S. Don't really recommend using unspent sparkler wires unless part of an elaborate multi-stage night cache.

Just doin' my part. :) Edited by KeyResults

Posted · Report post

[quote name='KeyResults' timestamp='1342195583' post='116027']
Besides, it's good for you after all those buttery hot tortillas you've been porkin'
[/quote]

???

Posted · Report post

I actually don't think it would be a good idea to consume the spent sparkler wires because they always seem to get caught in my teeth.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cachestacker' timestamp='1342196262' post='116028']
[quote name='KeyResults' timestamp='1342195583' post='116027']
Besides, it's good for you after all those buttery hot tortillas you've been porkin'
[/quote]

???
[/quote]

[i][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means...[/size][/font][/color][/i]