• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I Just Did This Great Cache

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We just did Tha Catifsh yesterday. This was a blast. Did it around 2pm, in heavy traffic (both at the Monument Inn and on the water), Not even sure it's legal, but what fun. http://coord.info/GC35MHW

Posted · Report post

Benttandem put out a really nice Beginner's Kayak Series. O0 O0 O0 Given the dynamics of the lakes, you don't have to contend with the tide, currents, and, for the most part, wind. So it really is good for a beginning paddler.

Here's the first in the series: http://coord.info/GC3P916 This was a fun paddle.

652a4f1a-4c94-4469-b8a3-30f3a46ca126.jpg

688ac259-f152-484e-8dca-3041380c5a57.jpg

98065dfd-8952-420b-85ca-c289ad81032b.jpg

Posted · Report post

Fantastic cache:  Houston has a Space Shuttle.

Appropriately behind NASA, and conveniently near the STS Shuttle GeoArt series, you can snag this great cache along the way.  A lot of effort was clearly put into it.  A lot of fun to do, too.  It is an absolute must-do.  Make sure it's on your list!

http://coord.info/GC454V5

Posted · Report post

I just saw GF post a note about thinking of shutting down Sleeper Cells - http://coord.info/GC3689J

Very few people have found this one.  And that's a shame.  This is one of the coolest caches I have done.  So much effort put into it.  Great theme.  Cool final location and methods for doing this.  And it was so much fun doing it.

If you have not done it you should get a small group together and do it before it's gone.  See the note on the cache page.

Posted · Report post

I just saw GF post a note about thinking of shutting down Sleeper Cells - http://coord.info/GC3689J

Very few people have found this one.  And that's a shame.  This is one of the coolest caches I have done.  So much effort put into it.  Great theme.  Cool final location and methods for doing this.  And it was so much fun doing it.

If you have not done it you should get a small group together and do it before it's gone.  See the note on the cache page.

This cache had always looked interesting (and I'm not a big puzzle fan) so eventually I got around to solving the first part.  Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the attributes and, after striking out, I saw that Chirp is a part of it.  It could be that need of the proprietary Garmin technology is part of the reason for limited visits.  I know it took me out of the running.   

Posted · Report post

It is a beacon attribute. Not all beacons are chirps. Didn't need that.

Posted · Report post

It is a beacon attribute. Not all beacons are chirps. Didn't need that.

Unfortunately, chirp or other beacon type, my GPS is not capable of receiving it.

Posted · Report post

I did find an app that supposedly receives beacons, including Chirp.  I'll give it a try, but I don't know when I'll be in the area of the subject cache again.  

Posted · Report post

All you need is a smart phone... or iPad... or laptop computer... anything that's able to receive wi-fi.

Posted · Report post

I did find an app that supposedly receives beacons, including Chirp.  I'll give it a try, but I don't know when I'll be in the area of the subject cache again.  

yes sir.  Just search next time you are in the area. 

That was a great cache and a lot of fun on a FTF run that I ended up with pie in my face.

Funny story about that cache.  Go read my log along with two others that day.  Then go look what happened to ftfc 98. 

Posted · Report post

Noooo!   We did the first stages a long time ago, and just haven't made it to the final yet.  

We've got to get out more!   LOL

This cache had always looked interesting (and I'm not a big puzzle fan) so eventually I got around to solving the first part.  Unfortunately I didn't pay attention to the attributes and, after striking out, I saw that Chirp is a part of it.  It could be that need of the proprietary Garmin technology is part of the reason for limited visits.  I know it took me out of the running.   

Posted · Report post

And the app is??

Posted · Report post

And the app is??

It is Cache Beacon Beta.  Unfortunately my S III doesn't have ANT+ so it won't work.  I'm guessing from HoustonControl's post that the beacon I need to receive is more of a WiFi or bluetooth signal of some sort.  If I find myself nearby again, I'll just walk around a bit and see if anything WiFi or Bluetooth seems to be present.

Posted · Report post

Team Trog - I sent you some PMs.

Posted · Report post

Up in the Richardson area An Ammo Can 

Very safe place to drop off TBs

Posted · Report post

Team Trog - I sent you some PMs.

Thanks for the info.  I'll give it a try.

Posted · Report post

Rich & Lola and I just did a great series of 13 multicaches called Multi-Madness put out by Houston Control. They are located in Baytown starting at I-10 and heading south on a quiet country road called Needlepoint Road. They are easy, fun and very well done. There is some variation in the redirectors and hides to keep you on your toes. It's a great way to get a jump on the Month of Multis Challenge as well!

Baytown Bert likes this

Posted · Report post

Rich & Lola and I just did a great series of 13 multicaches called Multi-Madness put out by Houston Control. They are located in Baytown starting at I-10 and heading south on a quiet country road called Needlepoint Road. They are easy, fun and very well done. There is some variation in the redirectors and hides to keep you on your toes. It's a great way to get a jump on the Month of Multis Challenge as well!

Yep if only they were out in January.  Not HC's fault.  I blame PR for holding them for 2 weeks.