• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw

SETX Octoberfest 2009

144 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Mark your calendars.
The SETX Gang has reserved October 10 as the date for the 2009 Octoberfest.
No official event has been posted yet, but here is their planning forum.
[url=http://setxgang.com/index.php?topic=45.msg0;topicseen#new]Octoberfest 2009[/url]

This will be the 4th year for the event.  It's been getting better every year.

Posted · Report post

I can't wait.  It's always so much fun.

Posted · Report post

The event has been published.
I don't know whether it is the trip overseas, the overflowing amounts of free beer and brats, or the fact that everyone coming to the event dresses in lederhosen, but I always have such a good time at SETX Octobrfest.

Posted · Report post

For the impatient, [url=http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC1WT6C&Submit6=Go]HERE'S[/url] the link... O0

Posted · Report post

On my calendar---Gary & Diane & Debby--we should carpool--again!  O0

Posted · Report post

6 new caches have been published in the park.  O0

Posted · Report post

There are 37 more days until SETX Gang Octoberfest.

You know, attending the Octoberfest is not just about marking your calendars.  There is a responsibility that every cacher attending MUST perform in order to insure a safe, fun time.  Since I have been there before, I will give you a daily countdown (unless a BigBender or Donde Esta puzzle cache is published) on the things you should do in preparation for the event.
Day 37:
Practice the chicken dance now so that you will be really good at it for Octoberfest.  You wouldn’t want to embarrass yourself.

Posted · Report post

[quote author=davarle link=topic=10945.msg95367#msg95367 date=1251957439]

Practice the [size=14pt]chicken dance [/size] now so that you will be really good at it for Octoberfest.  You wouldn’t want to embarrass yourself.
[/quote]

Is that a "geocaching game"?

How about the FTF dance?

Posted · Report post

[quote author=Mr Muddy Buddy link=topic=10945.msg95389#msg95389 date=1252029840]

Practice the [size=14pt]chicken dance [/size] now so that you will be really good at it for Octoberfest.  You wouldn’t want to embarrass yourself.
[/quote]

How about the FTF dance?
[/quote]
No.  Remember last Octoberfest when they made fendmar dress up as a chicken and lead us all in the chicken dance?
They said that no one could have any water unless we all participated.  How could you forget that? 

Posted · Report post

[quote author=davarle link=topic=10945.msg95390#msg95390 date=1252030374]
[quote author=Mr Muddy Buddy link=topic=10945.msg95389#msg95389 date=1252029840]

[/quote]

How about the FTF dance?
[/quote]
No.  Remember last Octoberfest when they made fendmar dress up as a chicken and lead us all in the chicken dance?
They said that no one could have any water unless we all participated.  How could you forget that? 
[/quote]  Please tell me there are pictures!  :2funny:

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

How about the FTF dance?
[/quote]
[/quote]

I remember being really thirsty....

Posted · Report post

[quote author=cook cachers link=topic=10945.msg95391#msg95391 date=1252034039]

Practice the [size=14pt]chicken dance [/size] now so that you will be really good at it for Octoberfest.  You wouldn’t want to embarrass yourself.
[/quote]

How about the FTF dance?
[/quote]
No.  Remember last Octoberfest when they made fendmar dress up as a chicken and lead us all in the chicken dance?
They said that no one could have any water unless we all participated.  How could you forget that?  
[/quote]  Please tell me there are pictures!  :2funny:
[/quote]

Here's a video of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHXXZwfGrP4]Fendmar and Georeynozos[/url]

And then 2 newbies made it into the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmC_GX5rMK0&feature=related] finals of the chicken dance.[/url]

Posted · Report post

Fendmar just HAS the be the purple one.

Posted · Report post

There are [u]only[/u] 36 days until SETX Octoberfest.  DO NOT PANIC!
I can give you some helpful hints, a sort of to do list for those new to SETX Octoberfest.
Day 36:
Make sure you have an updated will.

I actually had an appointment with the lawyer last week, but I had to reschedule for today because I couldn't decide who to leave my giant rubberband ball to.

Posted · Report post

[quote author=davarle link=topic=10945.msg95398#msg95398 date=1252043465]
I can give you some helpful hints, a sort of to do list for those new to SETX Octoberfest.
Day 36:

I actually had an appointment with the lawyer last week, but I had to reschedule for today because [b]I couldn't decide who to leave my giant rubberband ball to.[/b]
[/quote]

[size=14pt][i][color=blue]Oooooo, me...me...me![/color][/i][/size]

Posted · Report post

[quote author=Mr Muddy Buddy link=topic=10945.msg95393#msg95393 date=1252034470]
[quote author=cook cachers link=topic=10945.msg95391#msg95391 date=1252034039]

Practice the [size=14pt]chicken dance [/size] now so that you will be really good at it for Octoberfest.  You wouldn’t want to embarrass yourself.
[/quote]

How about the FTF dance?
[/quote]
No.  Remember last Octoberfest when they made fendmar dress up as a chicken and lead us all in the chicken dance?
They said that no one could have any water unless we all participated.  How could you forget that?  
[/quote]  Please tell me there are pictures!  :2funny:
[/quote]

Here's a video of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHXXZwfGrP4]Fendmar and Georeynozos[/url]

And then 2 newbies made it into the [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmC_GX5rMK0&feature=related] finals of the chicken dance.[/url]

[/quote]

What the *h$##* or as Kathy would say *heck*.  Oh my gosh, I could not stop laughing!!  I agree with ATMA, Fendmar is the *Barney*.  Loved the last part where he was thrown over the fence.  Thanks for the laugh!!

Posted · Report post

[quote author=Texas Dreamweaver link=topic=10945.msg95404#msg95404 date=1252089905]
[quote author=davarle link=topic=10945.msg95398#msg95398 date=1252043465]
Day 36:

I actually had an appointment with the lawyer last week, but I had to reschedule for today because [b]I couldn't decide who to leave my giant rubberband ball to.[/b]
[/quote]

[size=14pt][i][color=blue]Oooooo, me...me...me![/color][/i][/size]
[/quote]
OK.  I will leave you my giant rubberband ball.  Do you have 8 ft or 12 ft ceilings?

Posted · Report post

[color=black]There are only 35 more days until SETX Octoberfest.  Even if you have been to it before, you can still use this countdown to help you when planning to attend the extravaganza.

Day 35:
Last day to order lederhosen from www.[color=black]lederhosen[/color]&things.com so you can get it in time.

Remember, there is NOTHING WORSE than showing up to SETX Octoberfest wearing last year’s lederhosen.  :-[[/color]

Posted · Report post

Has someone begun brewing the *SETX Octoberfest beer*  I know one of our fellow geocachers has a *micro-brewery* or a *still* somewhere out there.  :D

Posted · Report post

[quote author=georeynozos link=topic=10945.msg95434#msg95434 date=1252155224]
Has someone begun brewing the *SETX Octoberfest beer*  I know one of our fellow geocachers has a *micro-brewery* or a *still* somewhere out there.   :D

[/quote]

Not only has it been brewed; it's also been consumed by Mrs. Davarle.  How else do you think she comes up with this stuff?

Posted · Report post

We need to be serious here.  There are only 34 days until the SETX Octoberfest! There are still plenty of things you must do to prepare.

Day 34: Duct tape all moveable windows of your vehicle shut.

The reason is obvious.

Posted · Report post

[quote author=Muddy Buddies link=topic=10945.msg95447#msg95447 date=1252204598]
[quote author=georeynozos link=topic=10945.msg95434#msg95434 date=1252155224]
Has someone begun brewing the *SETX Octoberfest beer*  I know one of our fellow geocachers has a *micro-brewery* or a *still* somewhere out there.   :D

[/quote]

Not only has it been brewed; it's also been consumed by Mrs. Davarle.   How else do you think she comes up with this stuff?
[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO!!  :D

Posted · Report post

I'm betting on a still out in the pines somewhere in the area.

Posted · Report post

[quote author=davarle link=topic=10945.msg95453#msg95453 date=1252220388]
We need to be serious here.  There are only 34 days until the SETX Octoberfest! There are still plenty of things you must do to prepare.

Day 34: Duct tape all moveable windows of your vehicle shut.

[b]The reason is obvious.[/b]
[/quote]

You might just end up with an oversized Travel Bug in your backseat.

Posted · Report post

If you are going to SETX Octoberfest, do not use this holiday as an excuse for procrastinating.  After all, there are only 33 more days to go.  To insure a fun, safe time you must act now.
33 days- Buy permanent marker to write your name on yourself so that they can identify your body.  

Maybe I am being a little too cautious, but, let’s face it, there will be a few who will not survive SETX Octoberfest.  Remember how long it took them to identify manofnofingers73?