• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw

SETX Area Cachers

63 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does Steve still maintain that webpage that shows the finds of local cachers?  If so, where is it?

Posted · Report post

Here is the Link for the Houston/Beaumont Cachers stats.

Posted · Report post

Just updated it too

Posted · Report post

Can we pin this so it's easy to find?

Posted · Report post

I'm new to caching and was wondering how this is organized. I've only been doing it for maybe a week but I am really interested and want to be on that list! Where is a good place to go to read about how events are set up, what the different types of caches (besides traditional) there are, and any other information like that?

Posted · Report post

I'm new to caching and was wondering how this is organized. I've only been doing it for maybe a week but I am really interested and want to be on that list! Where is a good place to go to read about how events are set up, what the different types of caches (besides traditional) there are, and any other information like that?

Here's a good intro guide to caching that may answer a lot of your questions:  Thot's Beginner's Guide

Posted · Report post

Can we pin this so it's easy to find?

Posted · Report post

I just updated the page again and the list is now up to 143 cachers... Please take a look at the page there is now a link under the Quick Links (OHL Hockey Guy's Cachers stats)

Posted · Report post

Here's a good intro guide to caching that may answer a lot of your questions:  Thot's Beginner's Guide

I think his question (and mine) is: How do you get on the list? Thot's guide gives a lot of great info - but not that.

Posted · Report post

I think his question (and mine) is: How do you get on the list? Thot's guide gives a lot of great info - but not that.

From the very bottom of the page.......

"If you don't see your name on this list and want it on the list contact OHL Hockey Guy."

Posted · Report post

The SETX Area Cachers Page is updated. There are now 171 cachers in the list. I wonder when we will get to 200? If you are not on the page and want to get onto it drop me an email.

Please note that the page name has changed to include those from the entire area.

Posted · Report post

We are at 193 now... Please pass this page on to the new cachers you meet or that log your caches. Remember this is for all of the SETX Caching area.

The SETX Area Cachers Page is updated. There are now 171 cachers in the list. I wonder when we will get to 200? If you are not on the page and want to get onto it drop me an email.

Please note that the page name has changed to include those from the entire area.

Posted · Report post

How do we get this thread changed to SETX Area Cachers??

Posted · Report post

We are at 193 now... Please pass this page on to the new cachers you meet or that log your caches. Remember this is for all of the SETX Caching area.

Sent out to a few folks who were newer who hit mine recently and some who had quite a few....  I like looking at this time to time.  Thanks for maintaining it!

Posted · Report post

Email sent to ohl.

cachestacker told me to get on list.

Thanks

TexasGolfer

Posted · Report post

Email sent back

Posted · Report post

We are up to 199 cachers on the list.... Who will be number 200??

Posted · Report post

Looks like kg5udale will be added as the 200th cacher on the list.

Posted · Report post

I'm fairly new at it, but I go out whenever I have a free afternoon, and I live in the Jersey Village area.  Do I count as a 'Houston area cacher?  And how do I get on the local list?

Posted · Report post

Yes you do... PM sent

Posted · Report post

This page is showing up in Firefox as being suspicious and downloads Malware:

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for home.comcast.net/~wberenzweig/hbc

What is the current listing status for home.comcast.net/~wberenzweig/hbc?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 2 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2009-10-26, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2009-10-26.

Malicious software includes 2 exploit(s), 1 trojan(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including ad33.org.uk/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS30217 (DESYNC).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, home.comcast.net/~wberenzweig/hbc did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Posted · Report post

My anti virus flagged the site the last couple of days.  I alerted Steve.  It looks like it put one file on the computer that malwarebytes was able to identify and remove.  So it may be my detection that flagged the warning.  Steve has sent back mail that he has fixed the problem and last time I went it didn't flag anything.

Posted · Report post

I just went there and got this:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at home.comcast.net has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Posted · Report post

Link in the menu up top has been updated as well.