• Announcements

• HGCS UPGRADE   07/02/2015

The upgrade and new version of the forum software did away with a separate username and display name. Some of you may be logging in with a username but your Display Name is different. So if you are one of these users and have trouble logging in use your email address you registered with or your Display Name. If you still have trouble use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the forum with your User or Display name and I will try and get you squared away. -Team Four Paw

FIRST to FIND

597 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the stats!

Didn't think we'd have a shot at the top with only six, especially with the Katy/Sugarland area folks always vying for it down there....  Manofsteel73 lives near us so it's been a little tougher  O0

Posted · Report post

:)  OK...we have at least one FTF in December  (Thanks stcymcc for the hides this month that gave us one).  We did so enjoy going out late night with MaggieB on the last co-FTF two nights ago.

That makes the MAES team at least one every month for "06.....Now we will still be in the hunt, but maybe not quite as aggressive on FTF's... ;) 

Thanks for the stats PP.....  :)

Posted · Report post

...Now we will still be in the hunt, but maybe not quite as aggressive on FTF's... ;) 

Sure, I believe you when you say that you want worry about FTF anymore.  And Bigfoot lives with Paris Hilton in glass house built by Brad Pitt and decorated by Donald Rumsfeld.  The point is that you are one of the Four M's (MAES, Muddy Buddies, MedTexPlacer and maggieb)...FTF is in your blood.  I KNOW that one day soon I will again see your name at the TOP of a log!!!

Posted · Report post

...Now we will still be in the hunt, but maybe not quite as aggressive on FTF's... ;) 

Sure, I believe you when you say that you want worry about FTF anymore.  And Bigfoot lives with Paris Hilton in glass house built by Brad Pitt and decorated by Donald Rumsfeld.  The point is that you are one of the Four M's (MAES, Muddy Buddies, MedTexPlacer and maggieb)...FTF is in your blood.  I KNOW that one day soon I will again see your name at the TOP of a log!!!

I don't know how Muddy Buddies gets included in your list TDW because as you can see we didn't even make the list.  We did have one FTF for November, but it wouldn't have shown up in Parkerplus's list because it was 80.6 mi. away from our home coordinates while we were on a roadtrip of some kind. 

Posted · Report post

I don't know how Muddy Buddies gets included in your list TDW because as you can see we didn't even make the list.  We did have one FTF for November, but it wouldn't have shown up in Parkerplus's list because it was 80.6 mi. away from our home coordinates while we were on a roadtrip of some kind. 

Ahem...yesterday morning on at least 2 caches I opened a log only to read "FTF, Muddy Buddies".  AND as I check out your shared FTF list I see that you have a grand total of 148 and your name on the FTFC Trophy at least TWICE.  And you gonna tell me that you don't think that you should be included?  ?????????

Posted · Report post

Ahem...yesterday morning on at least 2 caches I opened a log only to read "FTF, Muddy Buddies".  AND as I check out your shared FTF list I see that you have a grand total of 148 and your name on the FTFC Trophy at least TWICE.  And you gonna tell me that you don't think that you should be included?   ?????????

It was a Wednesday and stcymcc doesn't cache on a Wednesday + it was her cache, so she couldn't go after it.  It was also too cold for MAES, so I just got lucky...really lucky.  TDW, you're ruining my cover.  I wanted to give everyone a false sense of security and then BAM...sneak out and get a FTF or 2. 

Posted · Report post

Um, who has a FTF bookmark list again?  ;)

You guys give inspiration on a lot of levels, not just total finds you know!  O0

Posted · Report post

You guys give inspiration on a lot of levels, not just total finds you know!  O0

Go to the Muddy Buddies profile page on gc.com and check out the Bookmark Lists tab.  We have shared our FTF List (currently at 148 and growing)

We are averaging about 1 FTF every 10 days since we started.

Posted · Report post

Go to the Muddy Buddies profile page on gc.com and check out the Bookmark Lists tab.  We have shared our FTF List (currently at 148 and growing)

Is that a challenge?

Posted · Report post

Is that a challenge?

Isn't everything? :D

Posted · Report post

Wow, that's better than I thought, but I'm wondering how much of this was early on when we were just getting started and the competition wasn't as strong, but we were really trying to get there before Geowyz. 

Stan, you are not helping making my case.  How are we ever going to sneak up on all of these cachers on the SW side of town?  >:D

Posted · Report post

Wow, that's better than I thought, but I'm wondering how much of this was early on when we were just getting started and the competition wasn't as strong, but we were really trying to get there before Geowyz. 

Stan, you are not helping making my case.   How are we ever going to sneak up on all of these cachers on the SW side of town?   >:D

It is funny you should mention geowyz. When I started I wanted to beat geowyz to at least one cache.  I think my first FTF was your Fioreneza's Outcasts. I found it at 6:00 am. I think geowyz came about 30 minutes later. 

Posted · Report post

That's exactly what was being referred to.  Mrs. MB seemed puzzled why TDW referred to y'all with the other M's ...as if you guys don't go after FTFs...(except in your "circle of death" [isn't that what you called it?])

just joshin' with y'all...there are many great folks who are also FTF hounds out there....  O0

Posted · Report post

While we were spending time on this forum, ParkerPlus snuck out and got the FTF on stcymcc's latest cache in Memorial Park.

Way to go, Parker!

Posted · Report post

There's a FTF opportunity asking for help from us in 30 minutes.... O0

Posted · Report post

While we were spending time on this forum, ParkerPlus snuck out and got the FTF on stcymcc's latest cache in Memorial Park.

Way to go, Parker!

Actually I think he found it yesterday afternoon and just logged it today.  I found a cache page at the sight and it was ParkerPlus's so now I have some ParkerPlus memorabilia.  How much do you think it will bring at the silent auction?

Posted · Report post

Way to go, Parker!

Actually I think he found it yesterday afternoon and just logged it today.  I found a cache page at the sight and it was ParkerPlus's so now I have some ParkerPlus memorabilia.  How much do you think it will bring at the silent auction?

Yep.  He sandbagged us for almost a full day.......but we did find it at 9:40 this morning after only a 5 minute search.  Too bad we did not have that same luck at Momma's Can.  There we had to post a DNF.

Posted · Report post

Got the numbers now, out of some 94 caches placed during the month of DECEMBER

MUDDY BUDDIES lead the group of FTF'rs with a total of 12 FTF's in the 50 mile range of Houston

TEXAS DREAMWEAVER  had a good time logging six FTF's for the month

JARIHEND logged in six FTF's also and completed his quest for 100 FTF's

GRANGERFAM  found five FTF's for the month

TXSWEETIE was able to find five FTF's also

TRAVELING GNOME located four caches with blank sheets

Logging THREE FTF's  were  PIMAN314;  MEDTEXPLACER;  MAN OF STEEL73;  MAES;  and  WTT-B2

Catching one or two FTF's were  DYFEN;  TENNESSEE FLYBOY;  TEXAS1;  BIG STEVE CREW;  TRAVISTX;  TEAM GEOGRYPH;  PAPPY'S POSSE;  PARKERPLUS;  PLUSONE;  ONESTEPCLOSER;  MAGGIEB;  PEPPER;  BILLY H;  TEAM TROGLODYTE;  OHL HOCKEY GUY;  ATMA;  FIVESECRETHUNTERS;  FLYING LEAD;  NOV64;  WHIPPETTX;  MOOSE TRAINER;  STEVE999;  SONORAQB2006;  GREAT BIRDS;  TUBA DUDE;  CPADGETT13;  GEEK-QUALIZER;  THOT;  THE POPETEERS;  SKAMMER;  DRAGONHUNTER221;  DRAGONHUNTER223  and  TNKBREY

Catching their First FTF were  WEWNDT;  JaMPRINDLE;  GRINSTER;  DEEP POWDER HOUND (plus two others)  and  KOKOPELLITOKI

Posted · Report post

YIIPPPEEEE I made the list again !!  ;)

WTT

Posted · Report post

So, who was the FTF champ(s) for 2006?  Lots of great competition out there....lots of fun!  O0 

Posted · Report post

JARIHEND logged in six FTF's also and completed his quest for 100 FTF's

Congrats JARIHEND on that amazing quest.....you were everywhere :o

WTT-B2

Posted · Report post

Got the numbers now, out of some 94 caches placed during the month of DECEMBER

MUDDY BUDDIES lead the group of FTF'rs with a total of 12 FTF's in the 50 mile range of Houston

TEXAS DREAMWEAVER  had a good time logging six FTF's for the month

Take 6 (my number of FTF's), mulitpy by the square root of 94 (number of caches hidden) then divide by the number of FTFs found by PiMan314, add in the number of first-time FTF'ers, then quantify that with the numbr of FTF's found by Jarihend.  The results should show me how many FTF's I needed to beat MUDDY BUDDIES.  ???

Mmmmmm,  a whole heck of alot!!!!!!  Did anybody else figure out that I need to do TWICE AS MANY FTFs to even call it a TIE!!!!!  :'(  Of course, there are two Muddy Buddies and if I had a partner.....I choose Jarihend!  ;)  Whewww, I feel so much better now.  :)

And remember, It's NOT about the numbers.....(says who?)

Way to go Muddy Buddies!!!!!  O0 O0 O0

Posted · Report post

We had 89 FTF's for the 2006 caching year.

So, who was the FTF champ(s) for 2006?  Lots of great competition out there....lots of fun!  O0 

Posted · Report post

We had 89 FTF's for the 2006 caching year.

So that's where they've been hiding. :)

Posted · Report post

We ran our stats today and looks like we had 99 FTFs last year. Don't know how we got more than Muddy Buddies. Unless more new caches come out in the south we sure wont do that this year. We only have one so far.