Photo

Four Cache Loop - Lets set a date

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Poll: Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you

1. October 8 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. October 15 (15 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

3. October 22 (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. October 29 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 SockPuppet

SockPuppet

Actor

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,725 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:58 PM

I doubt you guys will be separated as you regroup at each waypoint.  The only time our group separated was for a geowyz break.
Posted Image

#122 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:04 PM

I doubt you guys will be separated as you regroup at each waypoint.  The only time our group separated was for a geowyz break.

SP....when you gonna give in and go with us?

#123 Cherokeecacher

Cherokeecacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:13 PM

Have you all mentioned this group cache on TXGA? Thumpmeister might see it and decide to join the group for her 5TH!!!!!!!! time doing FCL.

Just a thought

#124 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 12 October 2005 - 10:24 PM

Have you all mentioned this group cache on TXGA? Thumpmeister might see it and decide to join the group for her 5TH!!!!!!!! time doing FCL.

Just a thought

no  :( I didn't think about it....did anyone else?

#125 Thunor

Thunor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationBaytown Tx

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:38 AM

Just dropping another note to let ya'll know that I'll be showing up at 8AM Saturday morning.  I have 2 radios, if I can remember to get them.  I'm making a lunch dash to Oshmans to see if I can find a camelbak.  OH and instead of all high protein snacks, I'm bringing CHOCOLATE, for a pick-me-up!  :o 
Can anyone tell me if the camelbak will fit under a backpack very well? 
As far as puzzles, I'm horrible at them so I usually skip them, but I'll see what I can come up with on this one.
I can't wait for Saturday, See ya'll then!  ;D

Thunor

#126 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,306 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 13 October 2005 - 06:46 AM

Just dropping another note to let ya'll know that I'll be showing up at 8AM Saturday morning.  I have 2 radios, if I can remember to get them.  I'm making a lunch dash to Oshmans to see if I can find a camelbak.  OH and instead of all high protein snacks, I'm bringing CHOCOLATE, for a pick-me-up!  :o 
Can anyone tell me if the camelbak will fit under a backpack very well? 
As far as puzzles, I'm horrible at them so I usually skip them, but I'll see what I can come up with on this one.
I can't wait for Saturday, See ya'll then!  ;D

Thunor

Camelbaks are usually backpacks with a bladder in a pocket. If you already have a pack and just want something for water you could get the "Unbottle" bladder. Its the same thing as the regular bladder that you would find in any "camelbak" like backpack but has an abrasion resistant covering and insulated. They are kind of expensive though. As others stated though. It doesn't have to be a camelbak product. You could most likely find a generic bladder at walmart for a few bucks and slide it into you backpack.

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#127 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 13 October 2005 - 03:55 PM

I did post a note on TXGA for anyone to come and attached the link as well, this was yesterday, or in the middle of the night...something like that.  Just in case you were wondering..?

#128 tktrekker

tktrekker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFt Hood

Posted 13 October 2005 - 04:46 PM

I asked my husband  (camelbacks are part of the military uniforms now and worn daily)  he said those that are regular camelbacks not designed as backpacks fit over your backpack or even better inside your back pack

#129 Love2Fly

Love2Fly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:34 PM

That is how I wear mine, under my backpack. With the thing stuffud full of ice it will give me a couple hours with cold water, and keep my back cool at the same time.

I asked my husband  (camelbacks are part of the military uniforms now and worn daily)  he said those that are regular camelbacks not designed as backpacks fit over your backpack or even better inside your back pack

#130 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:19 AM

I did post a note on TXGA for anyone to come and attached the link as well, this was yesterday, or in the middle of the night...something like that.  Just in case you were wondering..?

Thank you!

#131 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:24 AM

This is who I know should be meeting us out there tomorrow morning at 8:00. If you want my cell number, just in case something comes up, or you're running late, send me a pm through this website, I'll check it throughout the day.

Jeff and I
GQ & TPB
Pepper
GSguru
5SH
RER
Thunor
TTF
Loves2Fly

This ought to be a BLAST! We're all newbies except for GQ, right?

#132 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 14 October 2005 - 07:26 AM

Been there, done that....but this time I wil be able to take scores of pics of the rest of you, so I don't need a smiley.  See ya there.

#133 Snoogans

Snoogans

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts
  • LocationThe Armpit of the Universe

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:46 AM

3 Words:

Water! Ibuprophen! Radios (FRS)

When you think you have enough water. Bring about a third to half as much more. TRUST ME.

Make sure that last person has a radio. Nobody wants to go back lookin'.

#134 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 14 October 2005 - 10:52 AM

This is who I know should be meeting us out there tomorrow morning at 8:00. If you want my cell number, just in case something comes up, or you're running late, send me a pm through this website, I'll check it throughout the day.

Jeff and I
GQ & TPB
Pepper
GSguru
5SH
RER
Thunor
TTF
Loves2Fly

This ought to be a BLAST! We're all newbies except for GQ, right?

There will be 3 of the fivesecrethunters going tomorrow.  Boys day out hiking, girls day out shopping.  Everyone wins!

Looking forward to see you all tomorrow.

Good....sounds like we've got our tree climbers!

#135 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,306 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:04 PM

The forums are quiet today cause everyone is getting ready for tomorrow right?...

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#136 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:07 PM

The forums are quiet today cause everyone is getting ready for tomorrow right?...

We're all hydrating, puzzle solving, and in mediation. O0

#137 Thunor

Thunor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationBaytown Tx

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:11 PM

Don't forget programing Excel to figure distance calculations and spit out coordinates.  :P

#138 Team Texas Flash

Team Texas Flash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoerne, Texas

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:20 PM

We are ready ....

Any guess on a finish time?

Can we average 2 MPH

#139 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:33 PM

We're all hydrating, puzzle solving, and in mediation. O0

gulp, sip, gulp, aaahhhhhooooooommmmmmm  O0

#140 Team Texas Flash

Team Texas Flash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoerne, Texas

Posted 14 October 2005 - 02:38 PM

We are ready ....

Any guess on a finish time?

Can we average 2 MPH

Never mind I read the previous posts .... the guesses seem to be 6 to 10 hours ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users