Photo

Four Cache Loop - Lets set a date

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

Poll: Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Trying to get a group together for the 4 cache loop...pick the date best for you

1. October 8 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. October 15 (15 votes [83.33%])

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

3. October 22 (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

4. October 29 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 ty_dolney

ty_dolney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:42 PM

he he he, I found my archive from when I found it and counted the "river" crossings.  I only counted them if they had running water in them.

To let everyone know, when I went out last weekend only Boswell Creek had water in it.  All the other smaller drainages were relatively dry.  We've had a small rain this week but I don't think it would have much affect.  Just watch your step going in & out of the gullies.

Nice map Dave!

:D TD

#102 Dave77459

Dave77459

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationGCRJCC

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:46 PM

Just watch your step going in & out of the gullies.

Someone somewhere has a picture of me after I slid down the gully that had turned to liquid clay.  I hope there are lots of cameras on the trip!  Make sure Ty gets a group shot from the archery stand!

#103 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:50 PM

Just watch your step going in & out of the gullies.

Someone somewhere has a picture of me after I slid down the gully that had turned to liquid clay.  I hope there are lots of cameras on the trip!  Make sure Ty gets a group shot from the archery stand!

He can't go  :(. But I'm sure one of us will have a timer on our camera!

#104 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:30 PM

I took GQ's advise and ran out to get the Camelbak on sale at REI. When I was there at lunch today, there were 5 purple and 1 charcoal. Thanks for the heads up.

Is anyone doing anything special because of hunting season? Not sure if we needed to be in dayglo orange!!  :D

gsguru

#105 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:32 PM

I took GQ's advise and ran out to get the Camelbak on sale at REI. When I was there at lunch today, there were 5 purple and 1 charcoal. Thanks for the heads up.

Is anyone doing anything special because of hunting season? Not sure if we needed to be in dayglo orange!!   :D

gsguru

Day Glo orange won't go with my ensemble  :D. Anyway, Ty_Dolney says its not as important right now because its bow season not gun season.

#106 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 12 October 2005 - 01:40 PM

:D  :D  I keep thinking about hiking, water, lack of facilities....  O0  O0

Thank goodness I am a GS Leader and trained for EVERYTHING..... Just a side note to the ladies, need to consider this when packing your stuff...  ;)

#107 Dave77459

Dave77459

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationGCRJCC

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:20 PM

Too bad Danny77459 :) can't go.  Someone will have to climb 30' into the stand to get the group shot!  ;D

#108 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:24 PM

Too bad Danny77459 :) can't go.  Someone will have to climb 30' into the stand to get the group shot!   ;D

Well I know one person who WON'T be able to do it  :-\

#109 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:23 PM

have climbing skills, will travel

#110 Team Texas Flash

Team Texas Flash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoerne, Texas

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:06 PM

Finally got someone to cover for me ... count two more from TTF, we are ready to go  .... gunna read all the posts ...

#111 Team Texas Flash

Team Texas Flash

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationBoerne, Texas

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:16 PM

Is there a total head count anywhere?

Are all bringing radios?

Is it 8am? Sat? ... meeting waypoint?

#112 Cherokeecacher

Cherokeecacher

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:21 PM

Are all bringing radios?

We would suggest that those that have radios take them. When we scheduled the mass assault last spring, we found radios to be a huge help in keeping the large group "together". We had hikers of all speeds, and the radios allowed everyone to hike at there own pace, without feeling like they needed to slow down for others or speed up. The group was able to stay intouch, and that made the experience very enjoyable.

#113 Team Four Paw

Team Four Paw

Site Owner/Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,306 posts
  • LocationKaty, TX.

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:23 PM

Its all on the front page.. ;)

img.aspx?txt=Cache+Happy!&uid=0a8c0638-d

Help me help you.
Report abusive, offensive, and or objectionable message posts by clicking the Report link found in the lower right near the quote buttons.

Site Owner & Administrator, Houston GeoCaching Society | Exec. VP, Texas Geocaching Association

#114 tktrekker

tktrekker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFt Hood

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:15 PM

As much as this is killing me I have to back out of this event and it is certainely not my idea.  Last Sunday while caching I had an accident ( I am ok) but on  bedrest waiting for3 ribs to heal and my DR will not release me so that I can go.  Actually I think my husband paid her off.  :D  So have a great time, take lot of pictures and be safe

#115 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:22 PM

Sorry to hear that, TK.  We will take lots of pictures and imagine the whole trip your hiking right with us.  Hope to see you soon, and I hope you recover quickly so you can get right back on the horse. 

#116 tktrekker

tktrekker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationFt Hood

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:24 PM

Thanks RERs and remember do not tell them how to solve the puzzle even if they beg for it >:D :D

#117 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:28 PM

Yeah, I decided to re-solve it, because I didn't want to be stuck out there, though I am sure Tx Secsy will have it done right.  I hope we aren't trying to redo the coords in the woods out there, I already did that once and it wasn't fun.  As for giving them away, I promise no cheating.  I hope to be out your way soon, I'll let you know when and we can do a cache lunch or something, haha, a mini-impromptu.  See ya soon.

#118 gsguru

gsguru

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:06 PM

Are all bringing radios?

We would suggest that those that have radios take them. When we scheduled the mass assault last spring, we found radios to be a huge help in keeping the large group "together". We had hikers of all speeds, and the radios allowed everyone to hike at there own pace, without feeling like they needed to slow down for others or speed up. The group was able to stay intouch, and that made the experience very enjoyable.

I don't have radios. Do I need to get some? What do ya'll think? I am going to be a single and don't want to be "left behind!!"  :)

#119 tx_secsy

tx_secsy

• Senior Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationAlief Area

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:20 PM

We don't have radios....and GSGuru...u won't get left behind

and TTF....glad to hear that!

TKTrekker you'll be MISSED BUNCHES! Get well soon!

#120 Red Eye Rebels

Red Eye Rebels

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationMcKinney

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:23 PM

I have more than one radio, I'm sure others will as well.  I don't think you should go out and purchase some just for this hike, unless you see your self using them in the future for something.  Two or three would be more than enough and I think we will have at least that many. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users